Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

And if not for his own miracle 3/4 shot at the buzzer in the AAC tournament his freshman year, UConn likely misses the NCAA tournament that year.
Yep. And they haven’t even really been close the last 2 years either.

UConn down by 39 to Houston with 8 minutes left, in front of about 3,000 fans.
tenor.gif

The number of empty prime courtside seats was amazing. About 90% empty.

UConn getting absolutely abused by Houston. 73-34 with 8 minutes left. Cue the “we woulda lost by more last year” diatribes

Jalen Adams leaves UConn with 1 NCAA tournament appearance (and win). Yikes

Anyone see the flagrant 1 foul on a UConn guy? Hog tied a Houston player around the neck and pulled him to the ground. Hurley must have been talking ish about it because a couple Houston players were yelling at him.

It’ll be great to watch Hurley crash and burn dudes been a joke all year
he's got two very good prospects coming in next year, gafney & akok. if he can't win with them, then . . .

Very aware take on Mick Cronin:

Good point. But funny isn't quite the word. Maybe, compelling.

UConn would die to get Cronin as a coach.

“That would be my goal,” said Hurley, starting his second season at UConn, where his contract runs through 2024. “I would love to win a couple of championships, get UConn back on top of the mountain. I think in the long term, you have to have goals. You have to have things you continue to drive and reach for. I want to be a championship level coach here and someday, down the road, that’s(the NBA) something I’d think about.”

“That would be my goal,” said Hurley, starting his second season at UConn, where his contract runs through 2024. “I would love to win a couple of championships, get UConn back on top of the mountain. I think in the long term, you have to have goals. You have to have things you continue to drive and reach for. I want to be a championship level coach here and someday, down the road, that’s(the NBA) something I’d think about.”
4FFA4E15-E477-4375-A3AC-9AF0783B6DCE.gif

My goal is still Kate Beckinsale

Wow, it's only one year, right? And he's already talking about what comes after UConn?
Ouch. The butt hurt on this one is interplanetary!
I thought, at this stage, he would only be concerned about getting his next fix. So having long term goals is encouraging.

I thought, at this stage, he would only be concerned about getting his next fix. So having long term goals is encouraging.

I would LOVE to see him coach in the NBA, for the comedy of the reactions of officials, opposing players, and his players alone. Would be hilarious.

Unfortunately he’s obviously not good enough and is stuck in a crappy job that certainly won’t be successful enough to help him fool anybody, so it will never happen.

Unfortunately he’s obviously not good enough and is stuck in a crappy job that certainly won’t be successful enough to help him fool anybody, so it will never happen.

Let us not get facts in the way of his absurdly comical career aspirations.

I guess if Quinn Snyder could do it...

Then again Snyder achieved a level of success in March Hurley could only dream of right now.

I guess if Quinn Snyder could do it...

Then again Snyder achieved a level of success in March Hurley could only dream of right now.

And while he also seemed kinda weird and coke-headish, he didn’t seem batshit crazy and have the stench of Storrs on him on top of all that.