Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Actually, what the OP(for today's dose of insults) you are mocking is things that ALL have been said many other places besides the Boneyard. One of them happens to be right here(and far more than once), so maybe they deserve a bit of understanding for being allegedly misguided. Hopefully Dior can help change the perception.

Captain the move to The Big East May work out for Uconn. I mean they got Andre Jackson out of it so in a way it already is.

But to then sit there as a Uconn fan and say the Cuse is “riding coattails of decades past success” is some hilariously delusional content.

They’re definitely beating Cinci by double digits today now that I gave them the karma of bumping this thread tho.

They’re definitely beating Cinci by double digits today now that I gave them the karma of bumping this thread tho.

34-30 UConn at half. They will bungle it in second half. Only Vital is hitting. Once he goes cold it's over.

Note - knowing my luck this wont age well.

They look terrible...cbi will be nice improvement for Danny boy
They'll be insulted by not being chosen as an large for march madness and be doubly insulted at a CBI invite, then they'll take a team vote and decide not to go. Brilliant. Solidarity.

That was definitely a foul at the end. That said because it occurred at the same time as 0.0 it technically isn't. Boneyard will howl 10 seed for the next week. Enjoy the morale victory. Ain't getting them in the tourney.

Cinci kept isolating Cumberland and he couldn’t get around anyone. He must have missed his last 5-6 shots, non of them good shots. Both teams took head-scratching shots.

Actually, what the OP(for today's dose of insults) you are mocking is things that ALL have been said many other places besides the Boneyard. One of them happens to be right here(and far more than once), so maybe they deserve a bit of understanding for being allegedly misguided. Hopefully Dior can help change the perception.
And...just like clockwork, our resident UConn apologist pipes up again. Seriously, just own up to being a Husky fan in disguise and be done w/it!!
lol

And...just like clockwork, our resident UConn apologist pipes up again. Seriously, just own up to being a Husky fan in disguise and be done w/it!!
lol

((DISCLAIMER!)The following was not aimed at anyone personally[so no need to read it being it turned out to be kinda long...I figured it would be best I explained my logic before leaving], but rather the behavior of the horde whenever UConn is brought up...In more exteme examples, it sometimes reminds me of the difference between some people when they are sober and when they hit the bottle, as well as the mob mentality of championship riots I've been in the midst of[tear gas is no joke, lol!] where the normal rules of civility are suspended. And maybe the message of the Pink Floyd song, Us And Them, for anyone whom Floyd speaks to. Upon reflection, I don't want to be a captain bringdown, so I will probably avoid this thread after I hit the post button, as I normally do. It probably was not the best decision for me to enter it when I saw it had been resurrected. Not to disappoint anyone, but the epilogue relates to this thread only and not the whole board, and despite it's sincerity, is for the purposes of education and entertainment only, and should not be taken as medical or legal advice).

Ha, the arrogance and obsessive dislike I occasionally have seen in these threads, and(maybe more so) the different ways(biting my lip here for self-preservation, so sont bother asking for details) the 2 boards treat their respective opposing fan visitors actually did make me consider it for a moment! But to offer another illustration of where I am coming from, I recently did something similar for Tbonezone when people were defaming him in absentia, even if I don't endorse some of his views. Like any fan of sport(or nature), I enjoy competition more than I do someone just declairing themselves the winner after not allowing the other side to participate. I have it done to me, and don't enjoy how it feels, so maybe it's as much a golden rule thing for me as it is trying to play Devil's Advocate to the shock of those who thought they were gang raping a dead carcus.

That being said, my first avatar on here(actually probably before this url...2 boards ago, was that the one before Scout?) was of Otto giving the Husky mascot a beatdown, for what it's worth, but I no longer have the dislike for the Huskies or even the Hoyas I once did, and wish we had a new rival to direct these feelings toward.

Epilogue: And again, everything in today's OP was something said by members on here(why give Husky fans credit for being innovative?), more than once, and without the excuse of basting the balls of another team. I thought it was a fair point at the time that might get a tee even in here, but maybe it was a momentary lapse of reason(I'm being sincere, not sarcastic. I will leave peacefully of my own accord, I don't want to be banned from any more threads, this one isn't worth it to me).

To quote Garth Brooks (and I mean this very sincerely. I considered the putting in the "Say goodbye to the bad guy" clip, but felt it might be too melodramatic being you guys were relatively kind to me compared to in the past)

Well, I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then I've been there before
Everything's all right
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door

Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high
As that ivory tower
That you're livin' in

Last edited:
And as much as we hate them I think their hate for us is stronger. Mainly because our fans are more realistic and not as douchy.
And because our future is secure.

They are pinning their hopes on the "Big East" in hoops and football independence. They are hemorrhaging cash and keeping their fingers crossed. Not the best business plan in the world.

Their board is quite a read after a loss. As is ours too.

The discussions around them getting into the tournament though after beating Tulsa is just too much... 12-10 with losses to USF and St Joe's and being bottom of the conference. I mean at least our tourney discussions only picked up as we went on a winning streak and are still quite realistic. The visions of grandeur are just hilarious.
they've been aiming at the nit since september and it's almost in their grasp

go get it, huskies!

And because our future is secure.

They are pinning their hopes on the "Big East" in hoops and football independence. They are hemorrhaging cash and keeping their fingers crossed. Not the best business plan in the world.
The football thing will ultimately kill them if they can't maintain consistency. I just don't see it.

((DISCLAIMER!)The following was not aimed at anyone personally[so no need to read it being it turned out to be kinda long...I figured it would be best I explained my logic before leaving], but rather the behavior of the horde whenever UConn is brought up...In more exteme examples, it sometimes reminds me of the difference between some people when they are sober and when they hit the bottle, as well as the mob mentality of championship riots I've been in the midst of[tear gas is no joke, lol!] where the normal rules of civility are suspended. And maybe the message of the Pink Floyd song, Us And Them, for anyone whom Floyd speaks to. Upon reflection, I don't want to be a captain bringdown, so I will probably avoid this thread after I hit the post button, as I normally do. It probably was not the best decision for me to enter it when I saw it had been resurrected. Not to disappoint anyone, but the epilogue relates to this thread only and not the whole board, and despite it's sincerity, is for the purposes of education and entertainment only, and should not be taken as medical or legal advice).

Ha, the arrogance and obsessive dislike I occasionally have seen in these threads, and(maybe more so) the different ways(biting my lip here for self-preservation, so sont bother asking for details) the 2 boards treat their respective opposing fan visitors actually did make me consider it for a moment! But to offer another illustration of where I am coming from, I recently did something similar for Tbonezone when people were defaming him in absentia, even if I don't endorse some of his views. Like any fan of sport(or nature), I enjoy competition more than I do someone just declairing themselves the winner after not allowing the other side to participate. I have it done to me, and don't enjoy how it feels, so maybe it's as much a golden rule thing for me as it is trying to play Devil's Advocate to the shock of those who thought they were gang raping a dead carcus.

That being said, my first avatar on here(actually probably before this url...2 boards ago, was that the one before Scout?) was of Otto giving the Husky mascot a beatdown, for what it's worth, but I no longer have the dislike for the Huskies or even the Hoyas I once did, and wish we had a new rival to direct these feelings toward.

Epilogue: And again, everything in today's OP was something said by members on here(why give Husky fans credit for being innovative?), more than once, and without the excuse of basting the balls of another team. I thought it was a fair point at the time that might get a tee even in here, but maybe it was a momentary lapse of reason(I'm being sincere, not sarcastic. I will leave peacefully of my own accord, I don't want to be banned from any more threads, this one isn't worth it to me).

To quote Garth Brooks (and I mean this very sincerely. I considered the putting in the "Say goodbye to the bad guy" clip, but felt it might be too melodramatic being you guys were relatively kind to me compared to in the past)

Well, I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then I've been there before
Everything's all right
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door

Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high
As that ivory tower
That you're livin' in
Dude, all due respect...but it's not that serious,
The whole point of a genuine rivalry is when fans, which is short for "fanatic" btw, which should give you an indication that logic or rationality is not at play here, the entire point...is to love to hate those other guys... period. I'd rather bask in the bile directed towards a UConn or GTown,who I, again, consider REAL rivals, than to do so against a fake, made-up so-called rivalry like the one some of our fans wet themselves over with Rutgers football.
UConn, for better or worse, has EARNED our hate. They deserve our loathing, and guess what...its vice-versa on their side, and they'd have it no other way! Sports is about rivals...that's what makes it fun. To expect decorum and civility at all times in that context, is purely wishful thinking. And, don't get it twisted, there is always a measure of RESPECT thrown in, whether we, or they, want to admit it or not. That's what comes with rivals- numerous battles won, and lost...heartbreaks, and ecstasies, exchanged on both sides.
So, once again...it's not that serious. As Dasher so aptly put it; "We hate them. They hate us". That's it.

Last edited: