Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Orange87

2nd String
Boneyard whackjobs will claim they are FF bound if they win this one. Reality is that Florida is not good right now. They look very bubbly.
C'mon man, Florida was ranked 15 and UConn beat them. Give them credit.

Orangezoo

Living Legend
C'mon man, Florida was ranked 15 and UConn beat them. Give them credit.
Florida was top 10 and lost to a mediocre FSU squad. They then barely held off Towson by 6. Their offense is not good. So their ranking is based off pre season hype more than anything. They have 9 new faces.

It's a good win for UConn after an awful loss at home to St Joe's. My point wasn't it saying it would mean nothing. Just to note it isn't as impressive as I am sure they will tout it over there. Florida's offense looks like SU's last year.

jdubs30

Living Legend
Syracuse wins tournament games and beats Duke : “ THEY ONLY WIN BY SCORING 60 WHO WANTS TO WATCH OR WIN LIKE THAT

UConn gets their 2nd win in 18 tries vs an overrated ranked team by scoring 60: “THEYRES NO SUCH THING AS AN UGLY WIN GOTTA LOVE THE DEFENSE”

HOFCeluck

Nothing is real, we are all just water
If you don't want to win (anything of consequence) Syracuse is a great choice.
Conference realignment and their Cal Ripkenesque streak of losing seasons has broken their brains so completely and irreversibly they’ve collectively blue-pilled themselves into believing it’s perpetually 2009.

Orange87

2nd String
Syracuse wins tournament games and beats Duke : “ THEY ONLY WIN BY SCORING 60 WHO WANTS TO WATCH OR WIN LIKE THAT

UConn gets their 2nd win in 18 tries vs an overrated ranked team by scoring 60: “THEYRES NO SUCH THING AS AN UGLY WIN GOTTA LOVE THE DEFENSE”
That's my point. Dont be hypocrites like that. A win is a win and a loss is loss.

jdubs30

Living Legend
Conference realignment and their Cal Ripkenesque streak of losing seasons has broken their brains so completely and irreversibly they’ve collectively blue-pilled themselves into believing it’s perpetually 2009.
Lol we went to the final four 4 years ago and the sweet 16 2 years ago.

Orangezoo

Living Legend
That's my point. Dont be hypocrites like that. A win is a win and a loss is loss.
Not following where there was hypocrisy in my post at all. Everything I said was based on the expected reaction of the boneyard very much in line with the entire premise of this thread.

Also nothing I called out about Florida is crazy either. The Boneyard screaming about this win as more than it was is no different than any SU fan contending beating Colgate somehow shows UVA was an anomaly and we are most certainly set for great things this year.

Neither is more than an irrational take, yet it will happen in both cases.

Hoo's That

Hall of Fame
NYT article on schools starting or dropping football teams. {May be behind paywall.}

Relevant quote:

Roby [the AD who ended football at Northeastern], who retired last year, understood the bitterness. But he insisted he had acted in the best interests of Northeastern in an era when the supremacy of college football is being questioned.

He pointed to the University of Connecticut, which in recent years invested heavily in football to compete at the highest level in the N.C.A.A. The program has struggled to attract fans and is 11-45 in the also-ran American Athletic Conference since 2013.

“They can’t draw anybody to games, they have no natural rivalries and they’re not very good,” Roby said. “Is that what people want?”

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
NYT article on schools starting or dropping football teams. {May be behind paywall.}

Relevant quote:

Roby [the AD who ended football at Northeastern], who retired last year, understood the bitterness. But he insisted he had acted in the best interests of Northeastern in an era when the supremacy of college football is being questioned.

He pointed to the University of Connecticut, which in recent years invested heavily in football to compete at the highest level in the N.C.A.A. The program has struggled to attract fans and is 11-45 in the also-ran American Athletic Conference since 2013.

“They can’t draw anybody to games, they have no natural rivalries and they’re not very good,” Roby said. “Is that what people want?”
Well, they have always got "Fiesta Bowl!"

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
Well, they have always got "Fiesta Bowl!"
That was a painful day for me, but storz being in a BCS bowl was the #2 reason. I did a parlay on all the NYD bowl games that year. I got the first one wrong (can't remember, too lazy to look it up) when the other side made a Fucillo like 2nd half comeback. Of course I got all the remaining ones correct.

PauliePeppas

All American
View attachment 176608

On a message board full of self unaware posts/people, the post/person is the self unawareiest.
I could go on and on about this post but I will just go with the dumbest comment . “Syracuse is in the middle of nowhere” ...maybe this clown hasnt been to Storrs even tho hes a Uconn fan but I have and that place makes Syracuse look like Manhattan. Definition of a podunk town

CaptainJ

Boeheimian Rhapsody
Actually, what the OP(for today's dose of insults) you are mocking is things that ALL have been said many other places besides the Boneyard. One of them happens to be right here(and far more than once), so maybe they deserve a bit of understanding for being allegedly misguided. Hopefully Dior can help change the perception.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom