Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

orange79

Internet Sleuth
And as much as we hate them I think their hate for us is stronger. Mainly because our fans are more realistic and not as douchy.
And because our future is secure.

They are pinning their hopes on the "Big East" in hoops and football independence. They are hemorrhaging cash and keeping their fingers crossed. Not the best business plan in the world.

moqui

dead ender
Their board is quite a read after a loss. As is ours too.

The discussions around them getting into the tournament though after beating Tulsa is just too much... 12-10 with losses to USF and St Joe's and being bottom of the conference. I mean at least our tourney discussions only picked up as we went on a winning streak and are still quite realistic. The visions of grandeur are just hilarious.
they've been aiming at the nit since september and it's almost in their grasp

go get it, huskies!

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
And because our future is secure.

They are pinning their hopes on the "Big East" in hoops and football independence. They are hemorrhaging cash and keeping their fingers crossed. Not the best business plan in the world.
The football thing will ultimately kill them if they can't maintain consistency. I just don't see it.

DoctorBombay

All American
((DISCLAIMER!)The following was not aimed at anyone personally[so no need to read it being it turned out to be kinda long...I figured it would be best I explained my logic before leaving], but rather the behavior of the horde whenever UConn is brought up...In more exteme examples, it sometimes reminds me of the difference between some people when they are sober and when they hit the bottle, as well as the mob mentality of championship riots I've been in the midst of[tear gas is no joke, lol!] where the normal rules of civility are suspended. And maybe the message of the Pink Floyd song, Us And Them, for anyone whom Floyd speaks to. Upon reflection, I don't want to be a captain bringdown, so I will probably avoid this thread after I hit the post button, as I normally do. It probably was not the best decision for me to enter it when I saw it had been resurrected. Not to disappoint anyone, but the epilogue relates to this thread only and not the whole board, and despite it's sincerity, is for the purposes of education and entertainment only, and should not be taken as medical or legal advice).

Ha, the arrogance and obsessive dislike I occasionally have seen in these threads, and(maybe more so) the different ways(biting my lip here for self-preservation, so sont bother asking for details) the 2 boards treat their respective opposing fan visitors actually did make me consider it for a moment! But to offer another illustration of where I am coming from, I recently did something similar for Tbonezone when people were defaming him in absentia, even if I don't endorse some of his views. Like any fan of sport(or nature), I enjoy competition more than I do someone just declairing themselves the winner after not allowing the other side to participate. I have it done to me, and don't enjoy how it feels, so maybe it's as much a golden rule thing for me as it is trying to play Devil's Advocate to the shock of those who thought they were gang raping a dead carcus.

That being said, my first avatar on here(actually probably before this url...2 boards ago, was that the one before Scout?) was of Otto giving the Husky mascot a beatdown, for what it's worth, but I no longer have the dislike for the Huskies or even the Hoyas I once did, and wish we had a new rival to direct these feelings toward.

Epilogue: And again, everything in today's OP was something said by members on here(why give Husky fans credit for being innovative?), more than once, and without the excuse of basting the balls of another team. I thought it was a fair point at the time that might get a tee even in here, but maybe it was a momentary lapse of reason(I'm being sincere, not sarcastic. I will leave peacefully of my own accord, I don't want to be banned from any more threads, this one isn't worth it to me).

To quote Garth Brooks (and I mean this very sincerely. I considered the putting in the "Say goodbye to the bad guy" clip, but felt it might be too melodramatic being you guys were relatively kind to me compared to in the past)

Well, I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then I've been there before
Everything's all right
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door

Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high
As that ivory tower
That you're livin' in
Dude, all due respect...but it's not that serious,
The whole point of a genuine rivalry is when fans, which is short for "fanatic" btw, which should give you an indication that logic or rationality is not at play here, the entire point...is to love to hate those other guys... period. I'd rather bask in the bile directed towards a UConn or GTown,who I, again, consider REAL rivals, than to do so against a fake, made-up so-called rivalry like the one some of our fans wet themselves over with Rutgers football.
UConn, for better or worse, has EARNED our hate. They deserve our loathing, and guess what...its vice-versa on their side, and they'd have it no other way! Sports is about rivals...that's what makes it fun. To expect decorum and civility at all times in that context, is purely wishful thinking. And, don't get it twisted, there is always a measure of RESPECT thrown in, whether we, or they, want to admit it or not. That's what comes with rivals- numerous battles won, and lost...heartbreaks, and ecstasies, exchanged on both sides.
So, once again...it's not that serious. As Dasher so aptly put it; "We hate them. They hate us". That's it.

Last edited:

jdubs30

Living Legend
Guerrier is improving every game and Akok seems to be getting worse. Combine that how well Marek has played (except vs NC State) and Hughes; it’s hard to imagine Akok being anything other than Edwards at this point

Orange87

2nd String
Guerrier is improving every game and Akok seems to be getting worse. Combine that how well Marek has played (except vs NC State) and Hughes; it’s hard to imagine Akok being anything other than Edwards at this point
I like Jesse but Akok is much better than Edwards right now.

jdubs30

Living Legend
I like Jesse but Akok is much better than Edwards right now.
He definitely is. My point was even if Akok came here, I’m not sure how much he would have played. The blocks are nice, but the kid averages 6/6 in 30mpg. He’s shooting 41% from the field. In their last 4 games he’s played 118 minutes scored 9pts, grabbed 16rebs, 4 blocks and is 4/18 from the field...that’s dreadful.

Q is averaging 7/5 on 48% shooting in only 19mpg.

My point was if Akok came, where does he play? Emergency backup 5?

DoctorBombay

All American
He definitely is. My point was even if Akok came here, I’m not sure how much he would have played. The blocks are nice, but the kid averages 6/6 in 30mpg. He’s shooting 41% from the field. In their last 4 games he’s played 118 minutes scored 9pts, grabbed 16rebs, 4 blocks and is 4/18 from the field...that’s dreadful.

Q is averaging 7/5 on 48% shooting in only 19mpg.

My point was if Akok came, where does he play? Emergency backup 5?
If he came here, he'd be starting.

721Comstock

All American
Definitely a step up from laptops and jalapeño Mac n cheese.

UConn trying to lock down the Fulmer Cup early this year.
It’s probably their only chance to be competitive w the big time programs.

Randy Edsall just got a bonus, somehow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom