Official Clemson Game Thread... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Official Clemson Game Thread...

We've already gotten our @sses kicked by UL, USF, ND and now Clemson. Does it matter that much what FSU does to us? It'll be kind of expected if they do.

UL we scored 28 and were only down 42-28 going into the fourth. USF we led 17-0. ND was 33-27 at the half.

I can live with blowouts if there's something to get excited about at some point. I won't be mad at all if FSU is similar to those 4. Today is just painful. So painful that I'm talking about Dajuan Coleman powerbombing somebody through a table. Jeez.

I hope they don't even make it there.

I hate that conference loyalty stuff. That's for the small, chip on our shoulder, overlooked leagues. I hate the teams in our conference more than anyone else and will never root for them.

Why.

Do people think when Clemson wins the natty oh wow that makes Syracuse at 5-7 look so much more respectable !
No, but I want ACC Football to be considered on par with the B1G and challenging the SEC. We're actually, as a conference, at that point. Def rooting for conference in the playoff.

No excuse for us not to be competitive today. I blame the coaches 100 percent this week. You need to put our players in positions to win.putting Wilson in when he has no business playing.

The only thing to take away from this game: Our backup QB can't move the ball so our defense is on the field for the entire game against one of the best offenses out there. Not "we suck," etc.

Dungey being out hurts us greatly on both sides of the ball, and it wouldn't be nearly as ugly with him in there. This game is absolutely not a reflection on where this program is for that reason.

If they already decided they can't win and aren't sure Dungey will be able to play? Save Mahoney.

The problem is that it comes thru loud and clear to the whole team. And that is when more guys end up getting hurt. Because they're just playing to not get hurt.

I hate that conference loyalty stuff. That's for the small, chip on our shoulder, overlooked leagues. I hate the teams in our conference more than anyone else and will never root for them.
Uh, every SEC fan is "TEAM then SEC". That's about as non-small time as it gets.

Sucks it's on National TV. Come out competitive in the second half. Get some guys involved, hopefully throw a couple TD's up.

Yes, it sucks tgat ED's out for the game and a loss appears imminent. Get some good work in and keep developing.

Lol... you make a pity party comment voicing "frustration on a message board" and my comment is Not needed?

Dude, it's a game. This ones a bad one... next week will come.

The only reason you felt the need to make a comment was to be the holier-than-thou "It's just a game, bro" type. I'm aware I can decide not to go.

My comment reflected my disdain for the multiple arm tackle attempts, boneheaded penalties, and IMO complete lack of enthusiasm/energy from the team today. If that's acceptable for you, then so be it, we're cut from a different cloth.

They just played Taps. For Dungey?

Sorry to sound facetious I just don't know how bad an injury it's supposed to be.

We've already gotten our @sses kicked by UL, USF, ND and now Clemson. Does it matter that much what FSU does to us? It'll be kind of expected if they do.

VT is arguably better than FSU. The offense and defense are in a much better place now than they were in September. I would be very surprised to be blown out at home

No excuse for us not to be competitive today. I blame the coaches 100 percent this week. You need to put our players in positions to win.putting Wilson in when he has no business playing.

No excuse? Clemson is absolutely loaded and probably the 2nd best team in the country. Throw in they are at home and our starting QB got knocked out in the 3rd series and I think that's good enough reason. Sure i'm disappointed, but c'mon have some perspective.

Uh, every SEC fan is "TEAM then SEC". That's about as non-small time as it gets.

Those people are weird IMO. Chanting the name of their league and stuff.

I should have said that stuff SHOULD be for the small time, overlooked leagues. I remember people were on here rooting for UConn in the NCAA tourney, as if the Big East was the MAC or something. Disgusting.

I don't know why I bother, but:

We are playing a team that almost won the NC
We are playing them there
With a bunch of sophmores
Our QB got knocked out
They seem to be playing their best game of the year

Mahoney is a runner, one guy knocked out is enough.

The only thing to take away from this game: Our backup QB can't move the ball so our defense is on the field for the entire game against one of the best offenses out there. Not "we suck," etc.

Dungey being out hurts us greatly on both sides of the ball, and it wouldn't be nearly as ugly with him in there. This game is absolutely not a reflection on where this program is for that reason.
Word

Those people are weird IMO. Chanting the name of their league and stuff.

I should have said that stuff SHOULD be for the small time, overlooked leagues. I remember people were on here rooting for UConn in the NCAA tourney, as if the Big East was the MAC or something. Disgusting.
We've done it too in basketball. I'm pretty sure our fans have even chanted it when playing former conference mates in lesser leagues now.

The only reason you felt the need to make a comment was to be the holier-than-thou "It's just a game, bro" type. I'm aware I can decide not to go.

My comment reflected my disdain for the multiple arm tackle attempts, boneheaded penalties, and IMO complete lack of enthusiasm/energy from the team today. If that's acceptable for you, then so be it, we're cut from a different cloth.

I'm dissapointed on a lot of levels but the obvious difference in talent is the overriding reason for the smack-down.

I don't know why I bother, but:

We are playing a team that almost won the NC
We are playing them there
With a bunch of sophmores
Our QB got knocked out
They seem to be playing their best game of the year

Mahoney is a runner, one guy knocked out is enough.
Are they playing their best game of the year because they are playing us?

No excuse? Clemson is absolutely loaded and probably the 2nd best team in the country. Throw in they are at home and our starting QB got knocked out in the 3rd series and I think that's good enough reason. Sure i'm disappointed, but c'mon have some perspective.

Absolutely agree. Clemson may even be the top team in the nation. I don't think it excuses sloppy and undisciplined football though. A teAm of Clemsons caliber does not need the extra help we've been giving them. That is what is frustrating to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom