Official Gameday Thread!! | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Official Gameday Thread!!

Shafer did a poor job at times but this game was a mess officiating wise as well. About as homer as you can get. The Franklin Facemask was the big killer in the 4th.

We've had some big missed assignments on the o line.

Imagine we didn't have a mobile Qb?

That's a scary thought - we'd probably be on our 4th or 5th QB like last year.

Our defense is terrible! Did you notice that once we got the lead, we got conservative with the play calling as if we could just run out the clock. This game should have never gone to overtime. Left 10 points on the table in first quarter. First and goal from the 2...and no power dives or QB sneak. We can't beat a HS team going up that many points!!

You think rt goes invisible for 80% of the game? He is almost all we have on defense.
Not mutually exclusive statements. .He makes 2-4 great plays per game, and disappears for incredibly long stretches.

Our D is not good enough this year.
It's really that simple. We play a lot of younger guys because the last staff couldn't recruit crap. We have a freshman qb and a freshman rb because the two 4th year jr's in front can't play. Either could the qb's that we were left.

Shafer did a poor job at times but this game was a mess officiating wise as well. About as homer as you can get. The Franklin Facemask was the big killer in the 4th.

That, like the Whitner PF last week, was the correct call.

Coyle watched this team lose to an AAC team that only beat UConn by 7 today and a horrible UVA team.

Any good vibes from the LSU game are gone and ticket sales won't exceed 30,000 the rest of the year.

Shafer is finished.

Not mutually exclusive statements. .He makes 2-4 great plays per game, and disappears for incredibly long stretches.
Of all the guys on defense, you center on him? LOL okay

Hate to say it, we might not win another game. I'll still be watching and hoping, but we are to young and dumb.

Coyle watched this team lose to an AAC team that only beat UConn by 7 today and a horrible UVA team.

Any good vibes from the LSU game are gone and ticket sales won't exceed 30,000 the rest of the year.

Shafer is finished.
I don't think so. But the clock is ticking

Should have never gone to OT. This team is unwatchable. I'm going to have a few (a lot of) drinks. Then you can get back to me Tuesday. Or maybe Wednesday.

Thoroughly disgusted but not entirely surprised.

If Shafer goes soon and the recruiting class goes with him we will be even worse off. Have to be smart about this.

I'm really sick of defensive coaches and having a Mickey Mouse offense that some guy invented in his garage. This reminds me of the P&D desperate years. Look kids, Big Ben ... Parliament!

If Shafer goes soon and the recruiting class goes with him we will be even worse off. Have to be smart about this.
Agree with this. If he goes, it won't be just recruits that go. Current freshmen will follow. And then the cupboard will be astoundingly bare.

And I'm not just saying that. I've been told flat out by a couple freshmen, they'll leave if Shafer isn't here.

Bullough, on the other hand? Peace out. I've seen enough.

Did not say it was the incorrect call. Saying it was the killer to us winning this game.

I misinterpreted your post - you mentioned homer officiating and then the Franklin penalty.

If Coyle does decide to make a change I hope he does it before the end of the season. The competition for quality HC's is going to be very tough this year. Lot's of openings.