Official Gameday Thread!! | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Official Gameday Thread!!

Of all the guys on defense, you center on him? LOL okay
"LOL" all day. I'm not saying he is the reason for our performance. What I AM saying is that he is supposed to be our superstar.

I'm not seeing that.
Athleticism? yeah
2-3 great plays per game? yeah

CONSISTENT pressure on the QB - nope.
CONSISTENT containment - nope.

Orangezoo said:
If Shafer goes soon and the recruiting class goes with him we will be even worse off. Have to be smart about this.

And the next coach will bring his recruits. Shafer is terrible

We have a really good backup QB in Dungey, maybe our backup coach is pretty good too

If Shafer goes soon and the recruiting class goes with him we will be even worse off. Have to be smart about this.
Who cares. I have missed one home game in the past 25 years and I'm just fed up.

Team is on the verge. Share gets another year. Playmakers are all frosh and sophomores. He doesn't produce next year we move on.

I misinterpreted your post - you mentioned homer officiating and then the Franklin penalty.

Yes did not phrase them well to speak of being mutually exclusive. Both were killers. The free TD they got hurt.

This team simply isn't ready to win yet. im sick of fooling myself into thinking we are

Team is on the verge. Share gets another year. Playmakers are all frosh and sophomores. He doesn't produce next year we move on.
Jeez, I just want to,see a kick as s season or 2 before I die

Bullough should be fired and replaced with Daoust. That is the LEAST that should happen. There is no logical reason for losing this game.

Obviously logic right now is not getting any traction amongst the frustration. With that said - We have freshmen and sophomores manning some of the most important positions on the field. Play recognition and mental mistakes are the biggest issues out there. Defensively we are not playing the screen plays or edge runs well at all. If we can in any way clean that up we will get to 6 wins this year. Not saying it will happen but a triple overtime loss and 2nd road game for a ton of freshmen is hard to over analyze as the end all be all. We have a load of talent coming in next year. Talent that will provide needed depth. Add that to more experience and it should be the year to turn the corner.

Harbaugh proves that a quality coach can change a program.

Yes, a coach who has won at all levels of football - DIII, DI, and NFL. Can't really compare Harbaugh to 95% of the coaches out there.

Who the hell do people think we're going to hire? We are one of the lowest paying gigs in the ACC.

But good luck bringing in someone like Lincoln Riley or whoever else people think we can actually get.

Obviously logic right now is not getting any traction amongst the frustration. With that said - We have freshmen and sophomores manning some of the most important positions on the field. Play recognition and mental mistakes are the biggest issues out there. Defensively we are not playing the screen plays or edge runs well at all. If we can in any way clean that up we will get to 6 wins this year. Not saying it will happen but a triple overtime loss and 2nd road game for a ton of freshmen is hard to over analyze as the end all be all. We have a load of talent coming in next year. Talent that will provide needed depth. Add that to more experience and it should be the year to turn the corner.

Good post.

Harbaugh proves that a quality coach can change a program.
Did you happen to see the ending of their game against MSU. And don't ever confuse Michigan with us. Not in the same world.

Who the hell do people think we're going to hire? We are one of the lowest paying gigs in the ACC.

But good luck bringing in someone like Lincoln Riley or whoever else people think we can actually get.
Amen, frosh and sophomores everywhere. We're not dumping our coach for Saban. He gets another year.

I thinks its funny now that we have an offense that can put up points we have a defense that cant give them up fast enough

Well...so are you saying that we should never fire underperforming coaches? And I do not want to see Shafer get canned. I really like him.

Location, finances and local support (sold out venues) will always prohibit us from being elite. People just need to get good with that, temper expectations, enjoy the really good seasons when we have them, and roll with it. It's all you can do, really.

Gedney wants everyone to buy tickets because we have good kids and we are a contending team. Contending for what???????

Basically we all should just continue to donate large sums of money to the Orange Club and be happy with mediocre football. Sick and tired of this crap.

How many bad plays by upperclassmen defensive backs, before we finally put Ellison in the game on something besides kickoff returns? he makes most of the plays, played CB for a high profile high school, and at least isn't afraid to hit someone.