Official "How bad does USC beat Syracuse" Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official "How bad does USC beat Syracuse" Thread

I am usually positive, but Macky got blown up on every play. Every play. This sucks.

33 points is my answer.

Doesn't look like we have a very good football team again yet.

7-5 Ceiling.

:bang:

More likely 5-7
I didn't think we stood much chance in Morgantown last year.

My scar from the GRob years hasn't yet healed. I would not be disappointed in a 7-5 season.

there is really not much that can be taken from these first two games that will give us a true read into what our game vs USC will turn out to be. My guess is that both SU and USC staffs are wondering themselves.

How isnt there much that can be taken from these 2 games?? You think that miraculously they are going to come out and all the problems we have seen the past 2 games are going to be gone? Some of you guys need a dose of reality. This team is going to struggle alot this year. This is not last years team. If you can't realize the fact after two games that this team just isnt that great of a football team than your kidding yourself. By saying this I am in no way not a fan. I will watch every Saturday just like everyone else here. Its just my opinion of the team and I'm entitled to that just like everyone who thinks the team is great after 2 games.

How isnt there much that can be taken from these 2 games?? You think that miraculously they are going to come out and all the problems we have seen the past 2 games are going to be gone? Some of you guys need a dose of reality. This team is going to struggle alot this year. This is not last years team. If you can't realize the fact after two games that this team just isnt that great of a football team than your kidding yourself. By saying this I am in no way not a fan. I will watch every Saturday just like everyone else here. Its just my opinion of the team and I'm entitled to that just like everyone who thinks the team is great after 2 games.
Exactly right. It's odd that people are talking like this years team is better than last years team. Then again, realistic expectations are not common among fans of any team in any sport.

If we win, it's a great win. If we lose...it is far from the end of the world. Had we lost to RI it would have been awful.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks for my dose of 'reality', however; reading is fundamental.
I never said or eluded to anything like you are assuming. Of coarse, this young team will struggle and it's not likely we return from So.Cal. undefeated. Now please tell me exactly how this game will go?
Pleas enlighten me with a quarter by quarter prediction, swami. *S*

There is such a thing as being realistic and then there is just bashing your own team.

No this is not last year’s team and yes they might struggle some times this year. Will we be the underdog to USC of course but I don't think threads titled "How Bad will _____ team kick our A$$" are helpful.

44cuse there is no reason to follow the team if you honestly feel we have no chance to compete. I am a realist and not an idealist, but being a good fan is calling it the way you see it. This thread is a joke how bad does USC beat Syracuse I mean were you one of the basketball fans who started the Michigan St thread after we struggled early in the season? Did you think Syracuse could beat Louisville in 2007 I mean we played awfully, but didn't lose. Numerous Division 1 teams have lost to 1-AA teams, and we didn't. USC is beating Utah 10-7 at the half and beat Minnesota 19-17 the same Minnesota team that to New Mexico St 28-21 today. I believe SC will be a 20pt favorite, but if you believe the team is going to get blown out fine, but I do not.
I'm still waiting for your response.

I said the spread would be 24...you said 20. How are those positions so drastically different?

44cuse

This game is an enigma to me. If you look at the USC brand name you always think autowin but I think things might get interesting.

USC has yet to play to their potential and Kiffin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, far from it.
Their turf is damaged and thus they can't use their speed like they could have in the Dome
Are they misfiring because they are over hyped or under coached and don't have the passion they should?
I'm nervous that they might hit on all cylinders against SU with their passing game but one nice thing is they did struggle with pressure from blitzes and have a young O- line.
I think if SU can hang early and tackle and block well they have a chance but SU also has to make some big plays like getting some turnovers, special teams and a nice catch or two from the receiver corps.

I'm still waiting for your response.

I said the spread would be 24...you said 20. How are those positions so drastically different?

44cuse
I said the damn thread was a joke because why start these needless passive aggressive shots at the damn program. Just because I believe the line will be -20 doesn't mean I revel in the damn fact we are going to be an underdog I am just calling it the way I believe Vegas will see it. I was calling out the damn negative of this thread as people started a similar one during the basketball season after we struggled to be William & Mary by 3 and wondered how badly Michigan St would drill us during the Jimmy V and guess what we won that game. This thread should be locked its a joke and my position is different because while I do not believe we have played well its like we are 0-2 and have done nothing right. The difference between my position and yours is while I am generally discouraged with the play so far I don't jump the damn gun and don't spew all negativity. Your attitude is basically the antithesis of Mark Antonio where he is the RutgersAl of optimism your crowd is the Debbie Downer crowd of the fan-base and we don't need to overreact.

This won't be a earthing shattering statement, but to have a chance we'll have to win the turnover and penalty battles heavily. No forced fumles in the first two games is a bit disappointing. You have to teach that.

I said the damn thread was a joke because why start these needless passive aggressive shots at the damn program. Just because I believe the line will be -20 doesn't mean I revel in the damn fact we are going to be an underdog I am just calling it the way I believe Vegas will see it. I was calling out the damn negative of this thread as people started a similar one during the basketball season after we struggled to be William & Mary by 3 and wondered how badly Michigan St would drill us during the Jimmy V and guess what we won that game. This thread should be locked its a joke and my position is different because while I do not believe we have played well its like we are 0-2 and have done nothing right. The difference between my position and yours is while I am generally discouraged with the play so far I don't jump the damn gun and don't spew all negativity. Your attitude is basically the antithesis of Mark Antonio where he is the RutgersAl of optimism your crowd is the Debbie Downer crowd of the fan-base and we don't need to overreact.
My attitude? Are you kidding me?

1. I didn't start this thread so your beef should not be with me
2. My posts in this thread:
"I'm calling the spread at 24." (ahhhh, nothing negative there. To quote you: "...I am just calling it the way I believe Vegas will see it." Notice...I used the word SPREAD...not how bad we were going to lose. Nowhere did I say SU would get "killed" or "destroyed", etc. I said the spread would be 24.

Then, "cuseclappy" said this: "if youre predicting a loss no matter the chances of it a full week ahead of time, then dont bother watching or coming around when we pull off the upset"

I hardly think predicting the spread at 24 constitutes being a bad fan.

Show me anywhere in this thread where I was spewing any negativity at all. You are way off base here. Way off base.

44cuse

This game is an enigma to me. If you look at the USC brand name you always think autowin but I think things might get interesting.

USC has yet to play to their potential and Kiffin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, far from it.
Their turf is damaged and thus they can't use their speed like they could have in the Dome
Are they misfiring because they are over hyped or under coached and don't have the passion they should?
I'm nervous that they might hit on all cylinders against SU with their passing game but one nice thing is they did struggle with pressure from blitzes and have a young O- line.
I think if SU can hang early and tackle and block well they have a chance but SU also has to make some big plays like getting some turnovers, special teams and a nice catch or two from the receiver corps.
I agree with all of that...particularly this:

"I think if SU can hang early and tackle and block well they have a chance ..."

The reality is, this team has not tackled and blocked particularly weel in it's first two games. If you don't control the LOS, it is hard to win football games. Given that we barely controlled the LOS against Rhode Island, I find it difficult to believe we are magically going to do so against USC. I certainly hope we do, but I'm not going to sit here and say I am confidant...based on what I have seen...that we will.

44cuse

I am usually positive, but Macky got blown up on every play. Every play. This sucks.

33 points is my answer.

Doesn't look like we have a very good football team again yet.

7-5 Ceiling.

:bang:

More likely 5-7
OMG!!! This game scares me all most as much as Toledo. 55-7 USC!

Has anyone really watched USC? They have looked awful their first two games. They supposedly have all of these 4 and 5 star recruits and they are struggling. They had a bad year last year and they are really struggling to score points. There offensive line is very poor. They have a quarterback and a receiver on offense and that is it. Unfortuately, that receiver and quarterback may light us up next week.

USC should be able to keep it close.

bs, mackey was not the problem, Chibane was, Harris missing his block was, URI sending three guys through the A gap was. Mackey is just becoming a convenient excuse for some of you guys.
Mack has sucked Tex im not sure what game or replay you are watching but he is in over his head and needs a life jacket
I hope that he comes around but i really think we are in major trouble with this kid at center. I hope Allport comes back soon and Chibane doesnt get his rear in gear Alexander should be replacing him as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom