Official Las Vegas Attendees Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Official Las Vegas Attendees Thread

Red eye was pretty uncomfortable despite us lucking into an exit row. Been pretty useless today but I'll be close enough to normal tomorrow AM. That game and trip was awesome!
My buddy flew Spirit (mistake admitted) and it was supposed to be a direct flight back to Newark. It was changed to fly from Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale where he had a 4 hour layover before finally arriving in New Jersey around 11:30 last night. From there he still had a 2 hour drive back home. I'm sure he'd say it sucked, but if I asked him if it was worth it for the trip to Vegas, I guarantee that he'd say that it was worth it.

My buddy flew Spirit (mistake admitted) and it was supposed to be a direct flight back to Newark. It was changed to fly from Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale where he had a 4 hour layover before finally arriving in New Jersey around 11:30 last night. From there he still had a 2 hour drive back home. I'm sure he'd say it sucked, but if I asked him if it was worth it for the trip to Vegas, I guarantee that he'd say that it was worth it.

Lol I was supposed to be on Spirit but they did the same thing and changed the directs to a connection through Ft Lauderdale from Boston. I had to argue for a while to get the refund but was able to get directs on Delta and Jet Blue just had to leave Saturday late.

If we had been put in the time slot where Miami played @ Cal I would have been in serious trouble and missed the game. Watched that choke job from the flight.

I dropped my phone in the pool Saturday. Its kind of worked since and gotten me Ubers and ordered a pizza but can't really do anything job related with it this AM screen shuts off all the time goes blank etc. Amazon better bring the new one by 730 this evening so I can get it switched over.

Death Valley was today… wicked cool

We went to red Rock canyon very cool.

Wife just bought this monstrosity.
20241007_143330.jpg

Finally on the way home…. Stuck at Denver waiting for Dulles at Smashburger where beer is 1/2 price as Vegas and the other patrons at the bar are not snobs.

You could say everything in Vegas is a temporary structure, some of the oldest iconic venues are long gone, Tropicana is mostly gone, Excaliber is probably gone in ten years or less. In Vegas the rule is make money or you are gone, you are also gone if more money can be made by replacing what is there. Just the way it is.
I drove down the entire strip from above downtown, and took a pic of the well known Flamingo entrance; 40 years ago I diagonally parked on the strip just a few paces from the front door - things have changed a lot since then.
Perhaps the best part of the weekend for me personally is this is the first game I’ve been to in person they have actually win since the Pinstripe Bowl in 2012. It’s been an excruciating mix of bad timing and terrible football since then.
Similar here, I can remember attending losses in FB in Seattle and NYC, and BB games in Utah, Atlanta, Houston, and NYC - it's been so long I can't even remember the last win.

Last edited:
True. I go to Vegas usually 3-4 times year. Long time fan of mirage. Sad to see the volcano already ripped up.
Yes that guitar hotel will be epic though. The one in Ft. Lauderdale is really cool and this one will be bigger.