Official Long Beach St Game Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official Long Beach St Game Thread

Gbinije playing like he is now is quite the development. Honestly, it's possible I didn't even realize he was capable of playing like this - today's performance so far (granted, only watched 2nd half and looking at box score, so I may have it wrong) suggests he may have a higher ceiling than I previously gave him credit for. And if that's true, and he can begin to have more games like this one, I may need to revise (upward) my expectations for what this team may be capable of.

Not sure we can execute any better on O.

In the three games since LTech, we've shot it about 8-9% better and averaged about 2-3 more assists per game over the first 9. Gbinije is also averaging high double figures over those three games. We're playing better team ball but that's also because teams are playing us more honestly with Gbinije as a scoring threat out there. LBState is a decent team with good athletes. It looks like we're starting to come together.

Single worst walk-on performance ever - this is why we need the Scoop & Wes Show back! They could get to the bottom of that!
I didn't see that, what happened?

I didn't see that, what happened?

lol...it was nothing. The walk-ons came in and G wouldn't pass to them (or anyone else). Open fast break with a walk-on out in front, crowd cheering, and G took it in solo and dunked it. Then he started just chucking fade-away threes like it was a blowout in intramurals. It was just odd. He hadn't scored that game though - may simply have been frustrated with himself. We'll never know.

io
Gbinije playing like he is now is quite the development. Honestly, it's possible I didn't even realize he was capable of playing like this - today's performance so far (granted, only watched 2nd half and looking at box score, so I may have it wrong) suggests he may have a higher ceiling than I previously gave him credit for. And if that's true, and he can begin to have more games like this one, I may need to revise (upward) my expectations for what this team may be capable of.

Reminded me of Wes Johnson some today.
Him Cooney and Rak our the strongest guys on this team,the best scorers, and the upperclassmen, it never fails.

CuseHulk said:
Parade meet rain !!!

I thought you blocked me? Lol.

No, I'm stating a fact, these are not good teams were beating.

Doesn't matter whether these are good teams or not. What matters is Cooney, Roberson, Gbinije, Joseph and Xmas are all gaining confidence which is great to see.

It's Long Beach State and Cornell. Easy.

No doubt. Too soon to come to any grand conclusions and the competition is suspect. 3 games is not much of a sample size and the second half at Villanova was pretty atrocious. Still, I think this team has a higher offensive upside than last year's squad. I know that sounds like damning with faint praise but we definitely have more options this year. There are 6 guys on this team that could go for 20 on a given night. Don't think we could say that last year. Might not mean much in the final analysis but this team's at least been more entertaining the past three ballgames.

cuseguy said:
Long Beach State isn't half bad. You'll see as the season progresses.

Any good victories?

Half bad teams don't lose by 30 to Stephen F Austin.

I get it, Carlton's good, La Tech is great, and now LBS is good. They're picked third in a one invite conference.

supp said:
No doubt. Too soon to come to any grand conclusions and the competition is suspect. 3 games is not much of a sample size and the second half at Villanova was pretty atrocious. Still, I think this team has a higher offensive upside than last year's squad. I know that sounds like damning with faint praise but we definitely have more options this year. There are 6 guys on this team that could go for 20 on a given night. Don't think we could say that last year. Might not mean much in the final analysis but this team's at least been more entertaining the past three ballgames.

Great post, I agree with you 100%, out offensive potential is much greater on this squad, we've moved away from the ISO game it looks like which I think killed us last year and pretty much at all times we have 5 guys on the court that can score.

docsu said:
Almost sixty percent from threes...who are these guys

Come at me bro.

image-4120548455.jpg

docsu said:
Brady Heslip? He wishes he could shoot like these guys.

Have you seen what he's been doing in the d league? The dude is breaking records left and right. Check YouTube out, it's insane.

Any good victories?

Half bad teams don't lose by 30 to Stephen F Austin.

I get it, Carlton's good, La Tech is great, and now LBS is good. They're picked third in a one invite conference.

Once again, proving how little about College Basketball you know.

CuseHulk said:
Once again, proving how little about College Basketball you know.

Once again you make a comment like that with no facts to back your statement up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom