Official Louisville Game Thread... | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Official Louisville Game Thread...

We are entering Shafer leaving Dungey in too long territory.

Dungey still being in is starting to feel like leaving a pitcher in that's getting bombed.

"A lot of history here, including that garbage bag with a 44 on it hanging from the rafters. "

25-51 is no bueno. If we don't get 1st downs, the D will get gassed and we'll get rolled.

25-51 is no bueno. If we don't get 1st downs, the D will get gassed and we'll get rolled.

He made some plays, but yeah...he missed a ton of throws that he has to make.

Roll Cuse said:
Let's not be those fans who overreact to an expected result like its some sort of shock. It is what it is right now. Lville is way better than Cuse at football presently. Legit final 4 contender. Bowl game contender. Cuse plays 3 more teams on this level. It will likely be a long year with one of the tougher schedules going. If this is what it's like on here after week 2 and week 1 vs an fbs...buckle up

I hear ya, but even Grob didn't give up 800+ yards on defense.

Were you hoping for more than 28 against a top 20 defense?

When we had 28 in the 3rd, I was. We had some good things going at times. Petered out badly at times. It's early. Not worried about the offense, but they weren't sharp tonight.

So, to summarize:

1)Our O-Line is atrocious, The last two games I think I have seen 3 designed runs by RBs go past the line of scrimmage. Anything more than a 3 step drop, and Dungey has pressure.
2)Our Pass rush is non-existent
3)Our safeties are maybe the worst I have ever seen on the Hill. This was before injuries.
4)Our return game (Lord knows it had practice tonight) is laughable - again. Our returners seldom have any blocks, and can never break through the first wall of defenders.
5)Did I mention how awful our O-Line is?
6)RB is a mystery. Fredericks is in the witness protection program. Strickland seems to have lost all explosiveness from last year, and Neal seems to be the only guy who can spring a run past the LOS.

On the upside, I think our group of receivers and Dungey are solid (not stellar, but solid).

Wasn't expecting "Glory 33" to be on after the game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom