Official meltdown thread | Syracusefan.com

Official meltdown thread

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I've avoided the board after the previous 3 losses, but here i sit sober and in pain after such a spirited comeback to cut it to 2(after I had seen some fans leaving with 24 seconds left) that left me feeling even emptier being I thought a miracle was at hand.

All of this against a 15 point underdog. Anyhow, I haven't been online during an actual meltdown in awhile, and I guess I wanted to get to have that experience for all of the pain this team has recently put me through. I can remember people not so long ago proclaiming the #1 seed was a "lock", and that the EAST was a "lock", and that our short bench would not be a problem(and that all these narrow victories against lesser teams were no problem). I tried not to look like a downer, but had cautioned those people because I had a bad feeling and it has clearly manifest.

Sure Grant's injury is a big part of it, but it isnt all of it. But clearly our schedule was so much tougher than Virginia's and they had an embarrassing early loss that we still deserve to be higher ranked and can rest on our laurels, right? Amazing HOW quickly the greatest start in school history can meltdown and the team remaining ranked is by the benefit of it's past success and not current ability.

Edit: I do hold out hope...Grant's health is part of it, and I think Roberson(along with G) getting all of this time may help later on, but it may be too little too late especially if Grant is sporting his style instead of rebounding and taking it to the hole. This team may not win another game all year if he does not return, and may not win much more even if he does unhealthy. A short bench relies on luck with health, and we cant blame the BET for this "anomaly". Again, I still hold out hope, but I'm not in homer mode right now, and no matter how many likes a person has next to their name, it's going to take some eloquent work to make me think much differently of what we've witnessed lately.

Last edited:
You lost me at "sober."

Kidding, good post. Not sure if optimism is allowed here at the moment, and if not then perhaps rightfully so. But I do feel things will improve and JAB will get it straightened out. Unfortunately I have no data to back up my claim, other than being a Syracuse fan since my earliest days as a fetus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom