Official Northwestern Game Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Official Northwestern Game Thread

I have no idea what to expect in the second half. I won't be surprised if we win...and I won't be surprised if we lose 49-20.

Best a SU defense has looked speed-wise and athletic-wise in MANY MANY years. Pretty much dominated the first half, yet down. I'm sorry that I wanted the old special teams coach out so badly. Was always told the problems would be fixed when SU had speed and depth. Apparently you need more than that based on the first half.

Is Pat Fitzgerald's wife dictating the camera shots? He's got more reaction shots/face time than we've got points.

We play in a Dome and sick of all the other teams bringing in a speedy qb hb and or wr and we have players that run like they are carrying refrigerators.

We have as many points against NW as Buffalo has against #6 UGA. Just saying....

Fisher has had two great punts today. Not his fault his coverage sucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
He has outkicked the coverage twice - who's fault is that?

We have no receivers. Sales who has always been over rated, is playing a lousy game so far - needs to get it together in second half. Clark is getting open but not hanging on to the ball. Nassib is pretty much on target with long ball. Need Lemon badly.

He has outkicked the coverage twice - who's fault is that?

This doesn't make sense... Unless a punt is intended to be put in the coffin corner, the punter is supposed to kick it as far as possible. The coverage team and the gunners need to get down there and cover it and at least maintain their lanes and responsibilities.

This outkicking the coverage crap is comical. Would you rather he shank them or hit 35 yard line drives? The kid is booming long high kicks - no excuse not to be able to cover them.

Its got to be frustrating you won 75% of the first half, northwestern didn't get a drive for a TD, but...
a interception on a botched bobbled pass, and a kickoff return for a touchdown that the defense looked awfull and suprised on put the other team on top. The third td was just the icing on the cake.

And penalties really weren't that bad for us at all. Time for us to regroup mentally. The team has to be alittle confused I know I am.

This doesn't make sense... Unless a punt is intended to be put in the coffin corner, the punter is supposed to kick it as far as possible. The coverage team and the gunners need to get down there and cover it and at least maintain their lanes and responsibilities.
Kicking the ball 25 yards is out kicking SU's coverage

TD's vs FG's. We have to stop stalling in the red zone. Would love to see #1 in there

What he said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The offense is not as bad as it looks. We knew SU has no game changing RBs coming into this. My biggest issue is that the passing plays never hit anyone in stride. Few slants. Few posts. Dump offs (you could argue that they are in stride) and come backs passes. SU has to near the very bottom of the NCAA over the past 5 years in yards after catch. That is part of the reason Nassib completes three in a row and SU barely gets a first down. I think the receivers are better than the play calling allows them to show.

Beth mowins is awful. Bad voice...gets names wrong...rarely has the yard line gained right.

I loved when she called a shot of Crouse College Hendricks Chapel. And she's a grad????????

Doug needs to hire somebody that knows how to coach ST - clearly is not him. Big DM fan but what the hell is he doing?

The offense is not as bad as it looks. We knew SU has no game changing RBs coming into this. My biggest issue is that the passing plays never hit anyone in stride. Few slants. Few posts. Dump offs (you could argue that they are in stride) and come backs passes. SU has to near the very bottom of the NCAA over the past 5 years in yards after catch. That is part of the reason Nassib completes three in a row and SU barely gets a first down. I think the receivers are better than the play calling allows them to show.

I seldom see any separation between our WRs and the D. Why? And teams play 8 in the box to boot.

Great info coach -- Outkick your coverage = good job! Don't let the results way you though.

We play in a Dome and sick of all the other teams bringing in a speedy qb hb and or wr and we have players that run like they are carrying refrigerators.

Exactly. The no-huddle/uptempo/pass alot is at least encouraging though. It would seem to be the type of offense that talented skill players would want to play in.

Jenn brown is hot but she has a five head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom