Official practice starting today, what are you looking for? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official practice starting today, what are you looking for?

To see how long it takes for word to get out that Marek is a 5 star talent. Our three forwards... though none have ever played college ball... are all extremely solid ACC players. The forwards may be the best part of this team. We will not make alot of 3s this year, like the past couple, but we will rebound w anyone
Everyone seems obsessed with Marek's very slender frame and lack of muscle, that he's gonna get knocked on his as- out there and flattened. But Lydon was able to contribute as a freshman in a meaningful way, even playing center, despite his slender frame.

Last edited:
Everyone seems obsessed with his very slender frame and lack of muscle, that he's gonna get knocked on his as- out there and flattened. But Lydon was able to contribute as a freshman in a meaningful way, even playing center, despite his slender frame.
Sorry, Tyler wasn't this skinny.

Footage?
we know (at least you & i do) that he's going to be a difference maker on defense. in year one, if he can just rebound, catch & finish at the other end . . . look out.

we know (at least you & i do) that he's going to be a difference maker on defense. in year one, if he can just rebound, catch & finish at the other end . . . look out.

He can and he will. Just wish he added 15 pounds.

To see how long it takes for word to get out that Marek is a 5 star talent. Our three forwards... though none have ever played college ball... are all extremely solid ACC players. The forwards may be the best part of this team. We will not make alot of 3s this year, like the past couple, but we will rebound w anyone

I think Dolezaj is awfully skinny, and he's going to have a hard time staying on the court. Who is he going to defend at 170 lbs? How many rebounds is that dude going to get, even if he is 6-9?

It's all going to boil down to outside shooting and rebounding. Will we be able to replace our three (3) best long-range shooters? And will our two (legit) centers be able to erase the worst rebounding deficit in 55 years?

Yeah, we expect Battle to provide all of our offense now, with Taurean Thompson leaving like he did. That's going to be tough, really tough. Who else is going to open up the floor?

It's not likely to be any of the big men other than Brissett. And at guard, we've got Geno. But can Geno and Battle combine well enough as pseudo-PG's that we can run a half court offense effectively? Those are our best 3 point shooters. Last year we had 3 guys better than Battle, and that was a huge part of our offense.

Frank Howard is not really a threat from outside. Maybe Washington will be able to hit outside shots, in which case he'll probably win the starting job at the point. So, to me, I don't see enough depth there. Too many questions, too many first timers who all have to contribute for us to be any good.

And then you look at the front line. Some nice young talent, but the forwards weigh 215 and the centers weigh 225 and 235. We have no big body at all, really. We are going to be "big boyed" by the better teams this year. I sound like a downer, but to me, this team doesn't look as good as last year's team, and the guy who was maybe a chemistry problem is back.

I think that if we keep most of these guys and add to them what is shaping up as a very good recruiting class, then maybe we can make one more run for the big guy.

I agree. I will tell you this: he plays with a lot of fire and emotion. He has a mean streak too and I mean that in a good way.

Yes, I remember that too from prep school. But he sure looked like a spaz out there at the beginning of last season, before he got hurt. Both him and Chukwu. I was kind of shocked.

Yes, I remember that too from prep school. But he sure looked like a spaz out there at the beginning of last season, before he got hurt. Both him and Chukwu. I was kind of shocked.

Matt is coordinated. He just was out of shape and needed to slow down.

Yeah, we expect Battle to provide all of our offense now, with Taurean Thompson leaving like he did. That's going to be tough, really tough. Who else is going to open up the floor?

It's not likely to be any of the big men other than Brissett. And at guard, we've got Geno. But can Geno and Battle combine well enough as pseudo-PG's that we can run a half court offense effectively? Those are our best 3 point shooters. Last year we had 3 guys better than Battle, and that was a huge part of our offense.

Frank Howard is not really a threat from outside. Maybe Washington will be able to hit outside shots, in which case he'll probably win the starting job at the point. So, to me, I don't see enough depth there. Too many questions, too many first timers who all have to contribute for us to be any good.

And then you look at the front line. Some nice young talent, but the forwards weigh 215 and the centers weigh 225 and 235. We have no big body at all, really. We are going to be "big boyed" by the better teams this year. I sound like a downer, but to me, this team doesn't look as good as last year's team, and the guy who was maybe a chemistry problem is back.

I think that if we keep most of these guys and add to them what is shaping up as a very good recruiting class, then maybe we can make one more run for the big guy.

No way Sidibe weighs 225. Closer to 205.

Everyone seems obsessed with Marek's very slender frame and lack of muscle, that he's gonna get knocked on his as- out there and flattened. But Lydon was able to contribute as a freshman in a meaningful way, even playing center, despite his slender frame.

Lydon weighed 215 as a freshman and 225 last year. I see that Marek is up to 180. Huge difference. Lydon was 35 pounds heavier that Marek.

Matt is coordinated. He just was out of shape and needed to slow down.

That's fair. He was rushing himself.
He is a talented kid, no question. I like his game a lot. Just hope he doesn't have too much rust.

I think Dolezaj is awfully skinny, and he's going to have a hard time staying on the court. Who is he going to defend at 170 lbs? How many rebounds is that dude going to get, even if he is 6-9?
He is going to have to max out his BB smarts and quickness to make up for that lightweight difference. Even then, assuming he can hold his own of defense, he's going to pay heavily on the offensive end.

Or this..

07585c49d1d13b92653764761414661a--trust-no-one-dana-scully.jpg
That be worse...you know some crazy stuff happening then.

Were you around for Louis Orr?

I just want to see the guys working hard, fighting for the loose balls and giving 100% in every game. I don't expect the season to be great, I just expect to see growth by the end of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom