Spoiler Alert - Official Season 5b Breaking Bad discussion | Syracusefan.com

Spoiler Alert Official Season 5b Breaking Bad discussion

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Let's take this opportunity to have an ongoing discussion of the new season of the greatest show in the history of ever. It seemed like the last year wait for the finish line has taken forever...I envy those suckers that can sit back and watch it for the first time in one sitting.

Things I'm looking forward to:
-Will there be immediate fallout from Hank's Irritable bowl syndrome discovery?

-Will Jesse continue to be Walt's conscious this season, and if so, does Walt turn on him if he gets in his way?

-What was happening in the cold open to season 5a and when will we catch up in the story?

-Is there any possible scenario where Walt survives this season?

God I am so pumped for tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I heard it all boils down to an ellaborate plot by walt to get jesse to learn his chemistry.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

I rewatched the first few episodes from season 5. I had forgotten in the flash forward that Walt appears to be suffering from the big C again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I go back and forth. But now I'm convinced that Walt is going to live and those closest to him will be gone. Thats the whole arc of the story. Has to be a consistent tragedy imo

Well, thoughts?

The cold open was great. I'm glad they continued from the cold open at the start of last season.

I thought it was a great episode. Although Walt is a deplorable figure (and even continues his lies even when he is "out," such as his needing Jesse to believe that Mike was safe), it's hard not to have a knot in your stomach after Walt searches his car. Ugh.

So not only is Walt's cancer back, it has been back for sometime, and it's been hidden from not just those around Walt, but the audience as well. Interesting.

I'm glad they didn't drag out Walt and Hank's cat and mouse a few episodes. They got right to business this first episode and God only knows where it's going to go from here. "Tread lightly" indeed.

Well, thoughts?

The cold open was great. I'm glad they continued from the cold open at the start of last season.

I thought it was a great episode. Although Walt is a deplorable figure (and even continues his lies even when he is "out," such as his needing Jesse to believe that Mike was safe), it's hard not to have a knot in your stomach after Walt searches his car. Ugh.

So not only is Walt's cancer back, it has been back for sometime, and it's been hidden from not just those around Walt, but the audience as well. Interesting.

I'm glad they didn't drag out Walt and Hank's cat and mouse a few episodes. They got right to business this first episode and God only knows where it's going to go from here. "Tread lightly" indeed.

Thinking back to Season 2 when each episode opened with the teddy bear in the pool and gradually panned out to reveal the destruction around the White residence, the viewer was led to believe that Walt was targeted by some unknown drug lord or something along those lines. At any rate, the reality was much different than what we were thinking as the season unfolded. The visit to the house at the beginning of last night's episode seems to point to the feds taking him down and seizing his property, but I'm thinking what has happened is much more sinister than that.

I highly doubt hank goes through with taking walt down. Lydia may double cross him, or maybe that other dealer walt sold the methylamine to.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

I read elsewhere examples of how walt last night was emulating gus. For instance, he knelt on a towel while vomiting, he talked the same way to Lydia that gus talked to him in the chicken restaurant etc

I read elsewhere examples of how walt last night was emulating gus. For instance, he knelt on a towel while vomiting, he talked the same way to Lydia that gus talked to him in the chicken restaurant etc
walt seems to take on characteristics of the people he kills..he's turning into mike now..

I noticed that too. Gus did that when he puked up the poison after killing the cartel. Nice touch.

Wow, watched for a second time and I'm almost pissed I didn't see this more obviously the first time...Walt is blatantly copying Gus. Great point themole!

I said the EXACT same thing to my wife. Amazing that different people can see such subtle things