Official USF Game Day Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Day Thread

ALL THOSE WHO QUESTION GOING FOR IT ON FOURTH DOWN:

Take note of that last USF drive. Making them go another 30 or so yards is not a very large impediment given this offense. Our best defense is scoring a ton on offense. It is our only hope, so we need to go for it any time it is even reasonable on 4th down.

Thankfully we don't lock teams in the dome anymore. It's good they can leave after 4 quarters.

Can someone answer why we punted on 4th and 5 in USF territory?

Why would Babers think that his D could stop, or even slow down, USF?

JeremyCuse said:
It's not even close last year's D looks like the 85 Bears compared to this garbage. D needs a total overhaul

Yeah, I don't think they know what they're doing.

We thought we would be beating the teams that we'd normally be in a rock fight with, those teams will score as much against us as they normally do in 3 - 4 games.

We'll see. USF put up 45 on us last year, and basically owned us when we were in the BE. As bad as our D has been, we might be able to hold teams like UConn in check.

ALL THOSE WHO QUESTION GOING FOR IT ON FOURTH DOWN:

Take note of that last USF drive. Making them go another 30 or so yards is not a very large impediment given this offense. Our best defense is scoring a ton on offense. It is our only hope, so we need to go for it any time it is even reasonable on 4th down.

Yep - we're not stopping anyone.

May as well go for it every time.

Our defense was always going to be a weak point, BEFORE injuries. Now we play dynamic teams and people are confused how they are scoring easily?

Stop getting upset about it. Have you ever played say, pick up basketball against clearly inferior players where after the games you feel like you could have played some sort of professional basketball? That's what we are dealing with.

All the injuries probably aren't helping matters. I've never ever seen a d this bad when both teams are d1.

LOL. Fire the coach after 2 1/2 games!

We were 13 point dogs today for a reason...

You're up 17-0. We have a drive. Pass for 5. 2nd and 5...let's pass with two more terrible plays and 3 and out. I'm not calling for him being fired. I have all the faith. Just smarten the hell up. You can slow it down, and run the ball when you're up 17-0. Especially with an awful D.

We'll see. USF put up 45 on us last year, and basically owned us when we were in the BE. As bad as our D has been, we might be able to hold teams like UConn in check.

Possibly but I'm expecting the rock fights are with smaller rocks and SU and those teams will be scoring a lot of points. I think we'll crush a couple teams just because this offense is capable

This is complete garbage. The more things change, the more they stay the same with Syracuse football.

What was he doing there!? Omg haha.

At least we got one quarter before having to witness this..

We always fall for it. Players say in the preseason that the new scheme is easier than what we were doing, that we're going to hit the ground running, and we buy it every time. Both on O and D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom