Official USF Game Day Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Day Thread

CanadianSU said:
They won the game...

They were down 21-0 to New Mexico today and won 38-27.

Was a great game for first 15 minutes. At least the offense has a few moments. Entire defense must be rebuilt from ground up -- it's truly awful. No bowl game this year. Not even competitive with mediocre AAC team.

We've been outscored 45-3 the last 3 quarters...our defense clearly is pathetic, but our O is very questionable. I don't care how many meaningless yards get totaled up, we have 3 points since the end of the 1st. It's not like USF is some defensive juggernaut.

Also, Baber's made a horrible decision going for it on 4th and 3 early 2nd quarter based upon field position and score. At the time, we were up 17-7, a heartbeat later, major change in MO...and the floodgates were opened.

orangecuse said:
We've been outscored 45-3 the last 3 quarters...our defense clearly is pathetic, but our O is very questionable. I don't care how many meaningless yards get totaled up, we have 3 points since the end of the 1st. It's not like USF is some defensive juggernaut. Also, Baber's made a horrible decision going for it on 4th and 3 early 2nd quarter based upon field position and score. At the time, we were up 17-7, a heartbeat later, major change in MO...and the floodgates were opened.

Not sure we still would have won, but that WAS a huge momentum swing.

Not sure we still would have won, but that WAS a huge momentum swing.
I think we have to play keep away, and I don't mean phantom keep away by playing "ball control." We just have so much inexperience at defensive end and in the secondary forced into action.

The reasons? Holding, false starts, illegal motion. Stupid sht. That's a lack of discipline on the part of the players. Turnovers, too. Dropped passes. The occasional piss-poor throw. WAY TOO MANY 3-AND-OUTS.
Defensively, probably have to knock off the stunting crap; leaving holes that LBs just aren't getting to quickly enough.
Just, UGH!

Stupidity is killing our drives. Goddammit, if there's another holding call or false start on our next possession, I will hunt down and chop the arms off of the offender. And the DC had better break out Defensive Play Calling for Dummies really quick.

SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.
I wish I could like this 10,000 times

USF is 10-5, soon to be 11-5, in their last 1+ seasons. They have good players. They score points. It doesn't justify all outcomes, but people thinking we should have easily won a game where we got destroyed last year... take a step back for a minute.
True. But USF is no great shakes. I had looked at this as a "winnable" game if we played well. To not be competitive after the first quarter is demoralizing.

Madbiker said:
True. But USF is no great shakes. I had looked at this as a "winnable" game if we played well. To not be competitive after the first quarter is demoralizing.

Their roster is 99 percent players from Florida. We're out of our league with our talent.

Their roster is 99 percent players from Florida. We're out of our league with our talent.

It's not a talent thing, it's a discipline thing. So many of our drives were killed by stupid penalties.
Defensively, let Steven do what he does best, eat up two gaps and stuff the run up the middle. Free up Slayton to bust through and fck somebody up. The stunting sht has to stop.

The reasons? Holding, false starts, illegal motion. Stupid sht. That's a lack of discipline on the part of the players. Turnovers, too. Dropped passes. The occasional piss-poor throw. WAY TOO MANY 3-AND-OUTS.
Defensively, probably have to knock off the stunting crap; leaving holes that LBs just aren't getting to quickly enough.
Just, UGH!
bcubs for new dc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom