Official USF Game Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, only thing that matters is that you win. It doesn't matter how.

In any single game maybe not, things like defensive and special teams can tilt the scale, but over team it sure as hell matters in evaluating the inherent capabilities of a team.

It means if SS does poorly, you feel that makes Marrone look better.

You're an idiot.

Where did I say anything about Shafer?

You really think I want him to do poorly?

You're an idiot.

Where did I say anything about Shafer?

You really think I want him to do poorly?
I do. And I didn't name call you. It doesn't reflect well on you.

Blown out by USF who we allowed to score 45 points. Embarrassing.
Exactly. I am not looking forward to hearing Shafer's presser and him giving the usual excuses... blah blah

In any single game maybe not, things like defensive and special teams can tilt the scale, but over team it sure as hell matters in evaluating the inherent capabilities of a team.

Oh I agree. It was complete sarcasm. Should have added something.

I can't stand that phrase. If it's a single elimination tournament like the tourney that's one thing- survive and advance. But usually? The worst.

Come off a bye week and get your asses handed to you by a 1-3 USF team?? Totally not acceptable. Did the team take a 2 week retreat or something?

Scott Shafer is officially on the hot seat.

Game threads are great, everyone loses their minds at the first sign of trouble.

Our two wins against FBS competition this year are worse than our two last year in a season we went 3-9. Maybe we correct but I don't think that is losing our minds.

cuseguy said:
My point is we're not that good.

It would be easier to analyze if our faults had any consistency.

Well if that's what I think, it confirms my labeling.
I'm dignified. I will refrain from offering my opinion of you. And your response should have said, if that is what you think, that confirms my labeling. No need to say thanks.

The announcers even said it at top of broadcast. I think it was the field reporter who observed our players "look very relaxed". I thought it was good news at the time but quickly realized we simply weren't ready to compete

Oh I agree. It was complete sarcasm. Should have added something.

I can't stand that phrase. If it's a single elimination tournament like the tourney that's one thing- survive and advance. But usually? The worst.

Gotcha

GoSU96 said:
I'd add "yet" to the end of that sentence. Heat, humidity, grass, boatload of kids in their first road game. I don't think they reacted well and looked on their heels early. Spotting the home team 10 points on pure boneheadedness doesn't help either. Big and fast usually beats smaller and not quite as fast unless you execute at a high level, which is tough to expect a team full of young players to do. Game threads are great, everyone loses their minds at the first sign of trouble.

All good points.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I was concerned with this game. Just expected more from the defense.

One thing I think we definitely need to address is the overall size of our defenders, especially in the secondary. Poor tackling has to do some with size, as well as not being able to get off blocks, especially on those bubble screens where our tiny secondary defenders get gobbled up.

One thing I think we definitely need to address is the overall size of our defenders, especially in the secondary. Poor tackling has to do some with size, as well as not being able to get off blocks, especially on those bubble screens where our tiny secondary defenders get gobbled up.
That's a good point.

I'm dignified. I will refrain from offering my opinion of you. And your response should have said, if that is what you think, that confirms my labeling. No need to say thanks.

Right because stating I have some kind of anti-Shafer agenda is just polite conversation.

Considerable breakdowns in all three phases--offense, defense, ST does not = a formula for winning on the road. Coaching was lousy, too. So was the execution.

Squandered opportunity.

They can't all be Shamarko Thomas.

anomander said:

This reinforces my thoughts on talent..

We'll be good when we can recruit some NFL talent in the secondary.

It's not coaching.

They just have more athletes then we do.

We're getting there, but still a ways to go.
Need to break me off some of whatever it is you're smokin'...

blizz said:
Need to break me off some of whatever it is you're smokin'...

So the coaching was fine for 4 games, now it's not?

Right because stating I have some kind of anti-Shafer agenda is just polite conversation.
Truth sets you free. Your agenda is evident to anyone reading your stuff over the past few years. You aren't fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom