Officiating continues to suck and suck! | Syracusefan.com

Officiating continues to suck and suck!

Deano

All American
I know people were b*tching about the Michigan but my god the UK/L-ville game is a joke. They just fouled out Harrell after the guy from UK took out Hancock on the drive. Now the refs are looking to see who the ball went off with about 15 seconds, uh, the L-ville guy was grabbed by Harrison but I guess the Harrison's don't get called for fouls like that..smh. UK has benefited with so many non-calls on them it was like Pay Pal Cal was paying them off. I'm getting close to Lawrinson who said a few weeks ago, when he said he was done watching college b-ball cause of the officials and was spot on.

Screw the rest of this tourney and the officials - joke!

UVA is gonna lose because of that atrocious non=call. everyone in arena saw the foul... except for the refs. he practically threw the uva guy to the flooor
What is new, that's how most of these games have been going. L-ville got jobbed in their game too by the officials.

UVA getting jobbed late as well, just missed a blatant push on MSU>
That sequence basically clinched the game. And as this years karma goes, the guy who stiffarmed the UVa player, made the clinching FT.

That sequence basically clinched the game. And as this years karma goes, the guy who stiffarmed the UVa player, made the clinching FT.

Tough loss for UVA especially with Ucant next who I think they would have matched up really well with. MSU is going to kill Uconn inside on Sunday.

Screw the rest of this tourney and the officials - joke!
Freaking resilient Wildcats. GDamnit.
You see what Calipari did? Poythress made a really good player late in the game, Cal comes over and pumps up Poythress like he just hit the game winning 3 in the NBA finals.
It was like winding up Mongo from Blazing Saddles , Poythress played possessed the rest of the game.

Tough loss for UVA especially with Ucant next who I think they would have matched up really well with. MSU is going to kill Uconn inside on Sunday.
Lets hope so, only one of the few times I'll root for MSU.
But I don't think a single team I have rooted for since after our game has won.
Seriously.

The four minute delay at the end of the UK-UL game to see who's ball it was, hurt L'ville.

Lets hope so, only one of the few times I'll root for MSU.
But I don't think a single team I have rooted for since after our game has won.
Seriously.

Id be shocked if UConn won Sunday. There run so far after getting by St. Joes hasnt really surprised me, Nova was a paper tiger and without its big man Iowa state had no chance.

Id be shocked if UConn won Sunday. There run so far after getting by St. Joes hasnt really surprised me, Nova was a paper tiger and without its big man Iowa state had no chance.
Agreed - if they shut UConn's guards down and take care of business inside MSU wins going away.

UVA is gonna lose because of that atrocious non=call. everyone in arena saw the foul... except for the refs. he practically threw the uva guy to the flooor
Thanks, as a UVa fan, I didn't want to bitch too much over the blatant, flagrant, and unbelievably obvious foul, but damn, that was about as easy a call one could possibly have... The officiating is beyond atrocious, borderline reprehensible... but oh well, it wasn't meant for us again... Hopefully next year will continue UVa's rebound into relevance of basketball...

Louisville cousins very riled up about the calls. But it's too late. Doug Gottlieb brought it up right after the game, rather bravely, I thought, since aren't announcers supposed to shy away from controversy?

Officiating is really making college ball hard to watch. I can't tell what is, and what is not, a foul anymore. It's like judging figure skating, how do you know?

I thought the UVA guy embellished the push-off by jerking his head back and that's why he didn't get the call. They shouldn't have any complaints because with their physical defense, how could they have 5 fouls with one minute to play?

Shame all these games are controlled by poor officiating though.

You see what Calipari did? Poythress made a really good player late in the game, Cal comes over and pumps up Poythress like he just hit the game winning 3 in the NBA finals.
It was like winding up Mongo from Blazing Saddles , Poythress played possessed the rest of the game.

Yep. Say what you want about him but he can clearly coach. That team doesn't get rattled. Harrison handles pressure well, no Cauley-Stein, no Young, and they pull it out albeit help from the Louisville FT line.

Play of the games was that Randle drive. Gets double-teamed, spins, and absolutely WHIPS the pass to Harrison in the corner for the 3. Very impressive play. Randle is a beast. Amazing touch around the rim too.

The four minute delay at the end of the UK-UL game to see who's ball it was, hurt L'ville.

I agree with that.

Why make the last 2 minutes different from the first 38? It's a BS rule that's hurting the game. Geez, you live with the ref's decision for 38 minutes, why does the game change over the last two? It's because TV crews show close calls over and over and make comments that reflect poorly on the officials, when even all their camera angles still can't show conclusive proof one way or the other. Then when they're wrong with their faux judgments, it's because the officials are just incompetent. It's all just BS.

And my final comment to the "refs suck" crowd: if officiating is so easy, and so many clearly easy calls are so brutally blown in such important games, then join your local association, write your exam, get some stripes and a whistle and get your asses out on the floor and show us how it's done. Let me know when, for I'd enjoy coming to watch your perfection at work.

I agree with that.

Why make the last 2 minutes different from the first 38? It's a BS rule that's hurting the game. Geez, you live with the ref's decision for 38 minutes, why does the game change over the last two? It's because TV crews show close calls over and over and make comments that reflect poorly on the officials, when even all their camera angles still can't show conclusive proof one way or the other. Then when they're wrong with their faux judgments, it's because the officials are just incompetent. It's all just BS.

And my final comment to the "refs suck" crowd: if officiating is so easy, and so many clearly easy calls are so brutally blown in such important games, then join your local association, write your exam, get some stripes and a whistle and get your asses out on the floor and show us how it's done. Let me know when, for I'd enjoy coming to watch your perfection at work.

Settle down Mooman. The fact is the refs need to be professionals and not just do this as a side gig. And there needs to be actual accountability for f-ing up a game like UVA. That was atrocious.