Officiating | Syracusefan.com

Officiating

AZOrange

Living Legend
That was an oddly called game. I was shocked fouls were essentially even and there were only 21 of them. Felt like we were getting called every trip...

That was an oddly called game. I was shocked fouls were essentially even and there were only 21 of them. Felt like we were getting called every trip...
i felt like they were mugging rak every time, moving screens like crazy and got us on a couple drives that weren't called. i'm pleased this wasn't the crew for the pitt game.

i felt like they were mugging rak every time, moving screens like crazy and got us on a couple drives that weren't called. i'm pleased this wasn't the crew for the pitt game.
The thing with rak was that their centers would throw a bow every set in the paint

TONS of moving screens. Especially during the stretch where they made a run and cut it to five. Their guy wasn't even setting legit screens, he was just impeding the defensive players' movement. Should be an easy call, but...

TONS of moving screens. Especially during the stretch where they made a run and cut it to five. Their guy wasn't even setting legit screens, he was just impeding the defensive players' movement. Should be an easy call, but...

Hopefully that is a point of emphasis in the near future. With no hands being allowed on the offensive player they shouldn't need moving screens to get by defenders. Other than the moving screens and "aggressive posting" I thought they did and awful lot of using the off arm to drive and push our defender back they did finally get one kid on a blatant one to Trevor's throat.

One play early in the game, the Clemson shooter looked like he was doing the "Curley Shuffle" then shot a j, went in of course.

If they disallow moving screens, I think some teams might not even break 30.

It was very physical. I saw lots of jersey pulling, elbows and out right pushes. Lots of chippy type defense but I have to give credit to our guys, they just kept grinding it out. I thought there were many missed 3 second calls too. #35 just camped out underneath. What constituted a foul underneath sure seemed to differ depending on the color of the jersey.

McDaniels is very good and a heck of an athlete. Their coach doesn't stop yelling throughout the entire game. He was always bellowing to cut, cover Fair etc constantly. After a while his players have to tune him out or go crazy. I know he was driving us nuts with his screaming and thankfully we don't have to listen to him every game.

Bet there were a number of our players headed to the ice tubs after that game. Hopefully they heal their bumps and bruises before Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom