Ogundeko | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the site, so I apologize if I repeat what others have already said. I agree that getting Gus tomorrow would be a big step in furthering SU's growing presence in the NYC area. A lot of people seeem pretty sure that he's SU's to lose at this point. As SU fans I'm sure most of us won't feel 100% secure until the LOI is signed. That's even more the case with EO. The way he's changed his mind, if he somehow commits to SU, I might just pick him up and drive him to campus to ensure he makes it. As a season ticket holder, would that be a violation?! ;-) I like the looks of this site and even see a few friends from a "rival" site. Let's Go Orange!!!

If you were a Kentucky fan, and this was hoops, you could pick him up in an Escalade with a duffle bag of cash in the back seat and just hand him the keys when you got to campus.

Seriously though, as a season ticket holder, I think you are limited in what kind of contact you could have with potential recruits aside from seeing him and saying "man you would look good playing in the carrier Dome".

I agree Van but everything I see from EO leads me to believe that he is going to Florida...I'm not an insider or have no direct knowledge but he seems to be talking to FL players and recruits all the time...Take it for what it worth (nothing really) but just don't have a good feeling about EO to Cuse
That is the real competition at this point. Heard Mississipi is in play too now? ND is almost full according to the blue and gold source.

http://www.onefootdown.com/2012/6/4/3060793/notre-dame-recruiting-available-scholarships-60-9-13-82

Don't see them going defense again at this point.

As for Florida, they are filling up too with just 4-7 slots left. They are also favorites to get another higher rated DT and DE ahead of EO. Could be why EO is making his decision in July. Can't confirm if he has broadened his scope beyound the three schools, but if it didn't, and with the addition of AE to teh Cuse, we are off life support and stable as far as in the picture.

I agree Van but everything I see from EO leads me to believe that he is going to Florida...I'm not an insider or have no direct knowledge but he seems to be talking to FL players and recruits all the time...Take it for what it worth (nothing really) but just don't have a good feeling about EO to Cuse
Don't want to lose him to ND at any rate, that would be three straight years picking the cherry off of our sundae!

@NYPost_Brazille
Ebenezer Ogundeko, who was at presser, will visit Syracuse Sunday with Augustus Edwards.#psalfootball

@NYPost_Brazille
Ogundeko isn't considering Ole Miss anymore. It's Florida, Notre Dame and Syracuse.#SU#psalfootball

@NYPost_Brazille
Edwards will try to recruit Ogundeko to Syracuse. He was working on him today already. Ogundeko's plan is to commit July 24.#psalfootball

@NYPost_Brazille
Biggest thing I took from today: Edwards played on Pop Warner team with Xaverian's Laray Smith and UMass commit Stacey Bedell.#whatateam

Really? That's the biggest thing from the press conference? Smith is an SU lean and last I knew, we weren't high on Bedell. Not sure why 3 guys how played elementary football together is a big deal. Someone enlighten me please.

As far as I understand, it's not a Syracuse-related post. He's just saying that their Pop Warner team had an impressive trio of running backs. They were on the same team when they were kids and, years later, they're now highly-recruited football players.

Really? That's the biggest thing from the press conference? Smith is an SU lean and last I knew, we weren't high on Bedell. Not sure why 3 guys how played elementary football together is a big deal. Someone enlighten me please.

He writes for the NY Post, it's not like it's a Syracuse beat writer

Sounds like he's convinced he needs to be playing in a 3/4 D. Something that Cuse can't do anything about.

Sounds like he's convinced he needs to be playing in a 3/4 D. Something that Cuse can't do anything about.

This. He wants to be a in his prime Merriman, not Chan Jones.

That’s for two weeks from now – whether it is apparel from Syracuse, Florida or Notre Dame.

While the Orange have landed many of the city’s top prospects since head coach Doug Marrone took over, in 2009 they have lost on the two biggest ones, Curtis’s Dominique Easley (Florida) and Lincoln’s Ishaq Williams (Notre Dame). Ogundeko isn’t sure that will help or hurt Syracuse in his case.

It's got to be our turn!!!

Twenty Minutes of Cuse love here

http://msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/sports-talk-football-files-7-10-12-1.1124381

Skip to about the 7 minute mark...lots of Cuse love along with a few sympathy "oh yeah and Coach Flood and Rutgers" remarks...the big thing they kept mentioning was Cuse took 10 NYC players last year...I think it was really Cuse had 10 NYC area players on their team last year. Overall they pumped up Cuse as the next big thing.

http://msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/sports-talk-football-files-7-10-12-1.1124381

Skip to about the 7 minute mark...lots of Cuse love along with a few sympathy "oh yeah and Coach Flood and Rutgers" remarks...the big thing they kept mentioning was Cuse took 10 NYC players last year...I think it was really Cuse had 10 NYC area players on their team last year. Overall they pumped up Cuse as the next big thing.
Good find TM. Love the video and all the 'Cuse love.

Our roster now has 30 NYS kids & 3 more on the way for 2013 we also have 19 players from Pennsylvania & New Jersey

16 Downstate

Jay Bromley Jamaica, NY / Flushing

Alvin Cornelius Staten Island, N.Y. / Tottenville

Siriki Diabate Bronx, NY / Lehman

Ivan Foy Brooklyn, NY / Fort Hamilton

Terrel Hunt Rosedale, NY / Christ the King

John Kinder Inwood, NY / Lawrence HS

Jeremiah Kobena New York, NY / Cardinal Hayes

Devante McFarlane Wheatley Heights, N.Y. / Half Hollow Hills West

Wayne Morgan Brooklyn, N.Y. / Erasmus Hall Campus

Ryan Norton Garden City, N.Y. / Garden City

Omari Palmer Coram, N.Y. / Longwood

Brandon Reddish Brooklyn, NY / Fort Hamilton

Steve Rene Brooklyn, NY / Canarsie HS

Donnie Simmons Hartsdale, NY / Archbishop Stepinac

Ryan Sloan East Patchogue, NY / Bellport

Robert Welsh Bay Shore, NY / Saint Anthony's HS

14 Other NYS Kids

Lucas Albrecht Hudson Falls, NY / Hudson Falls

Femi Aliyu Baldwin, NY / Baldwin

Daniel Anyaegbunam Schenectady, NY / Albany Academy

Ben Barrett Manlius, N.Y. / Christian Brothers Academy

Ashton Broyld Rochester, NY / Rush Henrietta HS/Milford Academy

Travon Burke Syracuse, NY / Corcoran

Riley Dixon Blossvale, NY / Christian Brothers Academy

Jonathan Fisher Oakfield, NY / Oakfield-Alabama Central

James Jarrett Clinton, NY / Clinton

Macky MacPherson Syracuse, NY / Christian Brothers Academy

Andrew Phillips Phoenix, NY / Christian Brothers Academy

Nick Robinson Baldwinsville, NY / C.W. Baker

Marcus Sales Syracuse, NY / Christian Brothers Academy

Jesse Wolf-Gould Oneonta, NY / Oneonta

11 Players From Pennsylvania

Myles Davis Verona, Pa. / Penn Hills HS/Milford Academy

Jason Emerich New Ringgold, Pa. / Blue Mountain

Dontez Ford McKees Rock, Pa. / Sto-Rox

Sean Hickey Murrysville, PA / Franklin Regional HS

Ryan Lichtenstein Monroeville, PA / Gateway

Joe Nassib Newton Square, PA / The Haverford School

Ryan Nassib West Chester, PA / Malvern Prep

Justin Pugh Holland, PA / Council Rock South

Sam Rodgers State College, PA / Mercersburg Academy

Rob Trudo Farrell, PA / Farrell

Dan Vaughan Gibsonia, PA / Pittsburgh Central Catholic HS

8 From New Jersey

Zack Chibane Paramus, NJ / Paramus

Marcus Coleman Voorhees, N.J. / Camden Catholic

Dyshawn Davis Woodbury, NJ / Woodbury

Ross Krautman Franklin Lakes, NJ / Ramapo HS

Shu Mungwa Oradell, NJ / Bergen Catholic

Marquis Spruill Hillside, NJ / Hillside HS

David Stevens Short Hills, NJ / Millburn HS

Greg Tobias Sicklerville, NJ / St. Augustine Prep

Class Of 2013

Devan Carter Rochester, NY/Brighton HS

Augustus Edwards Staten Island, NY/ Tottenville HS

Wayne Williams Brooklyn, NY/ ASA College For Excellence

Players in red are walk ons (to the best of my knowledge)

Our roster now has 30 NYS kids & 3 more on the way for 2013 we also have 19 players from Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Interesting way of breaking up the roster. 7 of 14 kids from Upstate are walk ons, while all 16 Downstaters are scholarship players. That's... telling.

That’s for two weeks from now – whether it is apparel from Syracuse, Florida or Notre Dame.

While the Orange have landed many of the city’s top prospects since head coach Doug Marrone took over, in 2009 they have lost on the two biggest ones, Curtis’s Dominique Easley (Florida) and Lincoln’s Ishaq Williams (Notre Dame). Ogundeko isn’t sure that will help or hurt Syracuse in his case.

It's got to be our turn!!!
Third time's the charm!

Interesting way of breaking up the roster. 7 of 14 kids from Upstate are walk ons, while all 16 Downstaters are scholarship players. That's... telling.

It means that only Upstaters can afford the 50k tuition.

Wow, that's showing some love to the 'Cuse!

Have you or anybody been able to find the second half of the Marrone interview with Mike Quick? The first part was great and at the end they said they were going to do another half hour and put it on at another time, but I haven't seen it on there yet. Possible I guess that they might not put it up, but they do a great job on the tri-state stuff and def give us and coaching staff a lot of love.

Here's the feeling I get:

In the video interview posted here earlier, EO said that he knew where he was going. He said (and for the sake of this assumption we'll believe him) that he had made his decision but hadn't told anyone.

Then, when Augustus made his decision, EO told the NY Post something along the lines of "if he's going, then why am I not going?"

Seems to me that he had made his decision, and it wasn't SU. Now that Edwards chose SU, EO may be saying to himself "hey, if SU is good enough for Gus, why isn't it good enough for me?" That would explain him taking another trip to SU to see the campus and (hopefully) realize that SU is not only good enough for him, but is a great fit.

...but that's just my take based on what one 18 year old says.

Here's the feeling I get:

In the video interview posted here earlier, EO said that he knew where he was going. He said (and for the sake of this assumption we'll believe him) that he had made his decision but hadn't told anyone.

Then, when Augustus made his decision, EO told the NY Post something along the lines of "if he's going, then why am I not going?"

Seems to me that he had made his decision, and it wasn't SU. Now that Edwards chose SU, EO may be saying to himself "hey, if SU is good enough for Gus, why isn't it good enough for me?" That would explain him taking another trip to SU to see the campus and (hopefully) realize that SU is not only good enough for him, but is a great fit.

...but that's just my take based on what one 18 year old says.

I'm pretty sure his trip was already scheduled before the announcement ... and my suspicion is he knew what Gus was going to do ... I just think the gravity of the whole thing is setting in now that Gus made it formal.

Status
Not open for further replies.