Ogundeko | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of why I made the contradicting himself comment.

I like the way that Boise has developed their program and I think they are a great example for a school to become a top 10 program without being in a recruiting hotbed...and I think Syracuse can/will follow the same path. However, to mention Boise as a model and then harp on recruiting classes in the mid 50's is a complete contradiction. Boise's recruiting ranking on Rivals the past 6 years is as follows:

2007 - 68
2008 - 89
2009 - 72
2010 - 82
2011 - 53
2012 - 54

This while fielding top 15 programs consistently. Their 2009 team finished the season #4 overall and that resulted in a recruiting class ranked #82 in 2010. Boise's whole model is centered around mining local and regional talent that is overlooked and developing it, very similar to what Marrone is doing with the NYS recruits he has landed. That won't equate to top 25 recruiting classes if you follow that model. They may nationally recruit, but if you look at the kids that actually commit to play there, they are predominantly from the Northwest and Southwest.

I think realistically Syracuse, if we keep on the path of pursuing underrecruited in state talent as well as the studs, and landing more of the former than latter, will never crack the top 35 in recruiting. And I don't necessarily think we have to to have a successful program.

You are wise beyond your years!

Oh, I agree with you, ad in Miami and FSU to this list. I also see these next two years as crucial as far as direction for nay sayers like me. Guess I got spoiled in the late 80's and 90's and expected it to last forever. I also have to remind myslef that SU hasn't even sold out for god knows how long now at the dome. Heck, these southern schools have more people come to a practice than what we get for games. So, maybe my expectations for the program are a bit over zelous, but why not! Thanks for the reminder "LeMoyne". I'll be traveling to opening day at the Dome, like every year for the last 20+ (-1).
Oh, I agree with you, ad in Miami and FSU to this list. I also see these next two years as crucial as far as direction for nay sayers like me. Guess I got spoiled in the late 80's and 90's and expected it to last forever. I also have to remind myslef that SU hasn't even sold out for god knows how long now at the dome. Heck, these southern schools have more people come to a practice than what we get for games. So, maybe my expectations for the program are a bit over zelous, but why not! Thanks for the reminder "LeMoyne". I'll be traveling to opening day at the Dome, like every year for the last 20+ (-1).[/quot

I wanna say the last sell out was Va.Tech. Freeney had 4 1/2 sacks on M. Vick. I was at that game and I don't remember seeing any seats aval...

Kind of why I made the contradicting himself comment.

I like the way that Boise has developed their program and I think they are a great example for a school to become a top 10 program without being in a recruiting hotbed...and I think Syracuse can/will follow the same path. However, to mention Boise as a model and then harp on recruiting classes in the mid 50's is a complete contradiction. Boise's recruiting ranking on Rivals the past 6 years is as follows:

2007 - 68
2008 - 89
2009 - 72
2010 - 82
2011 - 53
2012 - 54

This while fielding top 15 programs consistently. Their 2009 team finished the season #4 overall and that resulted in a recruiting class ranked #82 in 2010. Boise's whole model is centered around mining local and regional talent that is overlooked and developing it, very similar to what Marrone is doing with the NYS recruits he has landed. That won't equate to top 25 recruiting classes if you follow that model. They may nationally recruit, but if you look at the kids that actually commit to play there, they are predominantly from the Northwest and Southwest.

I think realistically Syracuse, if we keep on the path of pursuing underrecruited in state talent as well as the studs, and landing more of the former than latter, will never crack the top 35 in recruiting. And I don't necessarily think we have to to have a successful program.
I agree with your basic premise. They also have a good coach, and recruit players who fit their system, which has been in place a long time. It also hasn't hurt Boise playing 8/12 games against a weak WAC Conference Schedule. Last year their SOS was ranked 77th (right between Idaho and Wyoming, as a point of reference).

With ND picking up a commitment from 4 star DE Isaac Rochell does Ebenezer start to waver on how much the Irish really want him? They've stocked up on a lot of DE's the last few years at what point is their inn full?

With ND picking up a commitment from 4 star DE Isaac Rochell does Ebenezer start to waver on how much the Irish really want him? They've stocked up on a lot of DE's the last few years at what point is their inn full?
Aaron Lynch didn't scare Ishaq away and look how that ended up.

I believe I read that they were only going to take, will see, 7-9 more commits total and they have quite a few prospects scheduled for visits in June. I think the ND Inn is going to be sold out soon.

I believe I read that they were only going to take, will see, 7-9 more commits total and they have quite a few prospects scheduled for visits in June. I think the ND Inn is going to be sold out soon.

If only taking 7-9 more commits, could explain why Gus hasn't been offered in an effort to land Ebenezer.

They have 2 4* DE's and an OLB committed.. have to believe that will have an impact..

More reports today say ND is on top for Ebenezer.

Here's a few twitter posts he RT'd recently.

@PaulyD_28
Just read up on ESPN150 linebacker @Ebo_58_Hittman .. 6'4 235 and from the BK.. Kid is a beast and hopefully future member of the#IrishMob
Retweeted by Ebenezer Ogundeko

@sebasconsultant
@Ebo_58_Hittman now imagine playin for ND and every week you have the opportunity to be on ntnal TV with an Alumni that is coast to coast!
alumni is coast to coast b/c everyone can't wait to get as far away from Indiana as they can as soon as they graduate

Here's a few twitter posts he RT'd recently.

@PaulyD_28
Just read up on ESPN150 linebacker @Ebo_58_Hittman .. 6'4 235 and from the BK.. Kid is a beast and hopefully future member of the#IrishMob

@sebasconsultant
@Ebo_58_Hittman now imagine playin for ND and every week you have the opportunity to be on ntnal TV with an Alumni that is coast to coast!
You have to be on the field to be seen. We'll soon be at the point where that is no guarantee, but right now, opportunity abounds.

DerekTysonESPNDerek Tyson

Brooklyn (N.Y.) Thomas Jefferson DE Ebenezer Ogundeko is expected to be in Gainesville this weekend. #Gators

So are any of the NYC kids coming up to watch the newbies play this weekend at SU?

So who's in the top 3?

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
6/9/12 6:41 PM
Brooklyn (NY) Thomas Jefferson DE/OLB Ebenezer Ogundeko cuts his list down to three, bumps up announcement date again recruiting.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1193556.html

So who's in the top 3?

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
6/9/12 6:41 PM
Brooklyn (NY) Thomas Jefferson DE/OLB Ebenezer Ogundeko cuts his list down to three, bumps up announcement date again recruiting.*********/2/1193556.html

We're in with Some Irishmen and The Swamp-dwellers.

Here you go:

this can be a statement recruiting win ... close the deal Coach ... land Ogundeko and Edwards -- make a statement!

Just win baby! Go Orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors