Oh, Trevor... | Syracusefan.com

Oh, Trevor...

TBCuse11

Starter
Just been a brutal, brutal stretch for him. Great to see Silent G getting run, even if it is at forward. I can see a 25-15 minutes split at the 2 guard going forward. He has earned more PT and Trevor has not done anything in ages.

We need him to find it though, or winning it all will be tough.

Just been a brutal, brutal stretch for him. Great to see Silent G getting run, even if it is at forward. I can see a 25-15 minutes split at the 2 guard going forward. He has earned more PT and Trevor has not done anything in ages.

Is this post necessary right now.

As usual, you haven't a clue.

All players have shooting slumps. TC could break out of it at any time. Hopefully, he goes off Saturday!
Yes, hopefully, but this is what we were hoping for tonight too to no avail. The missed open 3s is what is disturbing tonight. He will come out of it. We REALLY need that to be on Saturday.

Besides the ND game, he has had a brutal ACC stretch as a whole - simply brutal. Can't really sugar coat it.

Actually , I wouldn't mind seeing some 5 out sets with all three guards with a Healthy Grant and CJ. I think this could open the middle more for Silent G and Ennis to Drive and give both Fair and Grant room to do their best work.

Yes, hopefully, but this is what we were hoping for tonight too to no avail. The missed open 3s is what is disturbing tonight. He will come out of it. We REALLY need that to be on Saturday.

But hasn't the original posters point always been that Cooney doesn't really belong on the floor, he's not a good enough athlete.

And yet he make a tremendous save and assist from his back, made a bunch of big steals tonight. He's missing open shots, he has the range, and he's getting open so his presumed limitations aren't the limiting factor.

Let's not put our heads in the sand. Everyone wonders what's wrong with the offense. I will not post his shooting % outside the ND game. It's very bad. He had open shots tonight to put this game on ice and didn't respond. Let's not kill the messenger . We need him to score , he's the shooting guard. Easy math. LGO and beat Va.

TC is the fulcrum on this team... Trevor has a good game we cruise by 10-12 points, Trevor has a bad game we are in a dog fight...

Since scoring 33 against ND, Trevor has 48 points in the last six games.

I sense a connection.

TBCuse11 said:
Just been a brutal, brutal stretch for him. Great to see Silent G getting run, even if it is at forward. I can see a 25-15 minutes split at the 2 guard going forward. He has earned more PT and Trevor has not done anything in ages. We need him to find it though, or winning it all will be tough.

What makes you think G should play more than Cooney? I'm sure you think Cooney played real bad and G played good. I think G has been pretty solid myself. But if you think Cooney's 3-13 is bad, G's 1-5 is worse. Cooney had 4 Rebs to G's 0. Cooney had 2 steals to G's 1. Cooney had 1 turnover to G's 2. They both had an assist while G had a block.

So what in the above screams G over Cooney? I expect it is expectations only.

What makes you think G should play more than Cooney? I'm sure you think Cooney played real bad and G played good. I think G has been pretty solid myself. But if you think Cooney's 3-13 is bad, G's 1-5 is worse. Cooney had 4 Rebs to G's 0. Cooney had 2 steals to G's 1. Cooney had 1 turnover to G's 2. They both had an assist while G had a block.

So what in the above screams G over Cooney? I expect it is expectations only.

G obviously has lower bulk stats, he plays less. Truth is, he has shot better the entirety of the ACC outside of one fluke game from Trevor. Trevor simply CAN NOT get open, and he misses when he does. The conditioning he has is impressive, but even he is tired at this point. He is not simply in a slump.

I know people here will always have Cooney colored glasses, and I also acknowledge that we need him shooting well in order to be a threat to win it all... but teams have adjusted to Trevor and he will not drive the ball. He serves very little purpose at this point. No one is game planning for him. They just play good man on him and he is invisible.

G is more athletic and more versatile. He is not ideal either, but the 2 guard is our weakest position by a mile, so there is no need to keep giving a guy shooting 2 for 10 every game the bulk of the minutes.

Let's not put our heads in the sand. Everyone wonders what's wrong with the offense. I will not post his shooting % outside the ND game. It's very bad. He had open shots tonight to put this game on ice and didn't respond. Let's not kill the messenger . We need him to score , he's the shooting guard. Easy math. LGO and beat Va.

thank you. its just insane how people have blinders for TC. We all want to win, and we all know TC needs to shoot well to help us win easier. Unfortunately, he has not shot well in months (outside of one game).

TBCuse11 said:
G obviously has lower bulk stats, he plays less. Truth is, he has shot better the entirety of the ACC outside of one fluke game from Trevor. Trevor simply CAN NOT get open, and he misses when he does. The conditioning he has is impressive, but even he is tired at this point. He is not simply in a slump. I know people here will always have Cooney colored glasses, and I also acknowledge that we need him shooting well in order to be a threat to win it all... but teams have adjusted to Trevor and he will not drive the ball. He serves very little purpose at this point. No one is game planning for him. They just play good man on him and he is invisible. G is more athletic and more versatile. He is not ideal either, but the 2 guard is our weakest position by a mile, so there is no need to keep giving a guy shooting 2 for 10 every game the bulk of the minutes.

So in other words, you made that post last night and ignored G's stats.

G obviously has lower bulk stats, he plays less. Truth is, he has shot better the entirety of the ACC outside of one fluke game from Trevor. Trevor simply CAN NOT get open, and he misses when he does. The conditioning he has is impressive, but even he is tired at this point. He is not simply in a slump.

I know people here will always have Cooney colored glasses, and I also acknowledge that we need him shooting well in order to be a threat to win it all... but teams have adjusted to Trevor and he will not drive the ball. He serves very little purpose at this point. No one is game planning for him. They just play good man on him and he is invisible.

G is more athletic and more versatile. He is not ideal either, but the 2 guard is our weakest position by a mile, so there is no need to keep giving a guy shooting 2 for 10 every game the bulk of the minutes.

He needs to attack the basket more and use his frame to get to the foul line when he isnt making shots. That really it.

thank you. its just insane how people have blinders for TC.

you must be refering to JB, because he is the one that decides who plays. pretty obvious to me, and I'm sure most of the older more experienced fans, that if we are going to cut down the nets, Cooney is going to have be a big part of that.

i think it's insane that some people DON'T realize that..

So in other words, you made that post last night and ignored G's stats.

U can have your view, and thats fine. For me, the past 10 games (or more), I feel more confident that a 3 ball from G is going to go in that i do when Trevor shoots. Last night Trevor had 5 wide open looks and was not close on any of them. Until he starts driving the ball, he has become an offensive liability.

(his D is still solid, so he does have value overall)

He needs to attack the basket more and use his frame to get to the foul line when he isnt making shots. That really it.

but he refuses to, thus he serves no purpose when he is struggling.

Older fans LOL. Old does not mean wise or more educated on the sport of basketball. The ego of some in here is wild. U get that anywhere though. You can be SURE that if Grant wasnt hurt last night, G would have seen the bulk of the minutes late. Cooney was a non-factor, as he has been for a month.

And again, for the 1000000th time, yes we all know that if TC doesnt shoot well the team doesnt score as much. Thats simple math. I believe if you give G the volume that TC gets, he will make plenty of shots.
well sometimes, like in this case, older does mean wiser. Yes, I am the one with the ego because I defer to JB's knowledge, and you are the one without the ego because you think you know more about basketball than JB. btw - down is up and up is down..

you must be refering to JB, because he is the one that decides who plays. pretty obvious to me, and I'm sure most of the older more experienced fans, that if we are going to cut down the nets, Cooney is going to have be a big part of that.

i think it's insane that some people DON'T realize that..

I think Jim has struggled this year with game management. I know everyone will point to the 26-2 record, rightfully so, but the amount of luck we have had is once in a decade luck. We are realistically a 22-6 team, still good of course, but not as good as we appear. He is slowly running Ennis and CJ in to the ground. Grant has back issues now, TC looks gassed.

We have a top class every year now, and guys like Roberson and BJ could have really helped. i know it is not his style, but we didnt use to be this deep. I hope the kids can save enough to fight thru March Madness.

well sometimes, like in this case, older does mean wiser. Yes, I am the one with the ego because I defer to JB's knowledge, and you are the one without the ego because you think you know more about basketball than JB. btw - down is up and up is down..

of course I dont know more than JB... but to imply he makes no mistakes is comical and pretty naive.