Oh Wilbon, come on. Idiotic. | Syracusefan.com

Oh Wilbon, come on. Idiotic.

jekelish

Living Legend
Wilbon thinks the win should be vacated. Kornheiser thinks we should replay it from that point on.

At least Kornheiser knows that you can't penalize SU for a referee error..."They didn't ask for this." (his words).

I'm a syracuse fan and a Bears fan. Wilbon can't have it both ways. He doesn't care about Syracuse, only the Big Ten, so he makes a stupid comment that they should vacate the win. He then goes on to say that the Bears got hosed on the holding call at the end of the game even though Graham (who committed the penalty) said that he did hold on the play.

I realize the 2 examples aren't exactly the same but in a way they are - look at the freakin facts.

Wilbon thinks the win should be vacated. Kornheiser thinks we should replay it from that point on.

At least Kornheiser knows that you can't penalize SU for a referee error..."They didn't ask for this." (his words).
Amazing these guys didn't watch the whole game. Let's bring up the pass interference that cost us a TD rather than settling for a FG. That is a 4 point difference - let's see them discuss that.

Sums up the problem with ESPN, the way to success is to say asinine crap. Can't just come up and talk precedent because that's boring. Its almost like they give extra credit and air time to the analysts that can think up the dumbest idea.

Sums up the problem with ESPN, the way to success is to say asinine crap. Can't just come up and talk precedent because that's boring. Its almost like they give extra credit and air time to the analysts that can think up the dumbest idea.
Wilbon is real good at spewing asinine crap.

Anyone who says the win should be vacated is a moron. It wasn't the last play of the game, so defensive and offensive strategies would've been different. We also had 2 timeouts and would've gotten the ball back with time left to do something and possibly win in regulation. Too many what ifs to just straight up vacate the win.

See what I mean about the bludgeoning that the Cuse is taking nation-wide?

This isn't a national championship we are talking about vacating. It's a win against Toledo. Anywho, I'll take the W, but we could have made a HUGE pro-syracuse marketing splash, and helped the integrity of the game, by coming up with a creative solution.

The only way that having this "win" will benefit us at all, is if we end up going 3-5 for the rest of the season. If that happened, perhaps this "win" would get us into a bowl game at 6-6. Just as likely, the bowl committees would leave us out, in light of our dubious Toledo "win."

If we finish with any record other than 3-5 for the rest of the season, this "win" will have no impact on our bowl eligibility or placement, and actually hurts us because of the national embarrassment. We are either going to the BCS, going to Yankee stadium, or sitting at home: so only a 3-5 finish could allow the Toledo game to impact our postseason. Accordingly, this "win" will not really do much for the program, except embarrass us and make us look petty nationally.

The last time the national media was talking about a Syracuse football game, it was the Pin Stripes Bowl. Now this: from the short attention span of the national sports audience, that is a pattern. That hurts us nationally. I think it is illogical for fans to hold onto this dubious win, when the win most likely will hurt us more than it helps.

Fanny - give it up your making this look like some national disaster - 3 minutes of infamy and everyone moves on to the next topic - it's over even for U Toledo.

This isn't a national championship we are talking about vacating. It's a win against Toledo. Anywho, I'll take the W, but we could have made a HUGE pro-syracuse marketing splash, and helped the integrity of the game, by coming up with a creative solution.

The only way that having this "win" will benefit us at all, is if we end up going 3-5 for the rest of the season. If that happened, perhaps this "win" would get us into a bowl game at 6-6. Just as likely, the bowl committees would leave us out, in light of our dubious Toledo "win."

If we finish with any record other than 3-5 for the rest of the season, this "win" will have no impact on our bowl eligibility or placement, and actually hurts us because of the national embarrassment. We are either going to the BCS, going to Yankee stadium, or sitting at home: so only a 3-5 finish could allow the Toledo game to impact our postseason. Accordingly, this "win" will not really do much for the program, except embarrass us and make us look petty nationally.

The last time the national media was talking about a Syracuse football game, it was the Pin Stripes Bowl. Now this: from the short attention span of the national sports audience, that is a pattern. That hurts us nationally. I think it is illogical for fans to hold onto this dubious win, when the win most likely will hurt us more than it helps.

You've chosen a strange cause for righteous indignation.

You know what you are 100% correct we are petty, how dare we just go on with the game and accept the ruling on the field. Toledo had multiple chances to win the game, and did not. If anyone looked petty in this it was the team demanding the win be vacated because not utilizing technology is an injustice, that my friend is petty, and is the sign of poor sportsmanship, not vice versa

"Pin Stripes Bowl" ?

What the hell is that?

Give it up, you're wrong.

I'm up to eight minutes I want back.

I am more convinced than ever that fanfanclubclub is really a Rutgers fan pretending to be an SU fan and stirring the pot.

This is forgotten tomorrow. Do you think Mike Wilbon will even remember this by next Monday? Good god.

No one says less with more than you. And its "Pinstripe Bowl". By the way, I know you're a Rutgers fan.

I'm up to eight minutes I want back.

Amen to that. Do we have an Ignore feature on this board yet? If not, that should be Numero Uno on the "To-Do" list for the board admins. This guy is unreadable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom