Ohio Gameday... | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see if they line up some halftime adjustments on D. Sign of good coaching

Gadsden: Get a quarterback or I'm gone.

Fran Brown:
1000019949.gif

I hope the coaches are in the lines’ grill. Both need to dominate. Big guys beat up little guys, do it

Probably could have saved some more seconds, but we've all seen worse clock management, that's for sure. At least I understood what Fran was thinking. Couldn't say that all the time with Dino.
I don't know where we lost a second.
2xDefensive TO's
Big Defensive stop forces FG
Pass complete out of bounds
Any incomplete passes stop clock
In bound passes not 1st downs immediate TO
First down passes stop clock until snap
clocked one
Important TO with 18 seconds to leave us with none
1st down with 10 seconds.. TD!

This is so strange because I feel so good about the offense, but kind of horrible about the defense. But but let’s see what happens in the second half and if they come out, looking a little bit different before really judging. The Barron really has been a disappointment.

This is so strange because I feel so good about the offense, but kind of horrible about the defense. But but let’s see what happens in the second half and if they come out, looking a little bit different before really judging. The Barron really has been a disappointment.
They can’t pass on us. They are behind. It’s crucial to get a TD on the first drive so they have to pass. It’s over, if we can do that

I promise I'm not trying to pick on our prior QBs who are all talented in their own way, and I know this was simply one half of football vs. a MAC team, but one thing I really like about McCord is that unlike Eric/Garrett he can put genuine zip on the ball, and unlike Tommy he doesn't get flustered after his first option his unavailable.
Tends to stare down his receiver a bit too much. Needs to move the defense with his eyes. But that’s my only criticism. I love watching him throw the ball. He’s a stellar leader and QB.

Absolutely nailed it.
Then when we got the ball back down 3 he would've ran because he was so scared to turn it over. If we score we pummel the ball into the ground and beat a crap team by a little bit and then we start to talk about "not seeing the entire playbook" while it's the same crap we ran 6 years ago when it didn't work.

So on the RUN Defense... I counted 3 times they had Wax blitzing.. and literally the play calls were in the opposite direction and took out MLB out of the play 2 of them resulted in big chunk gains on the ground.. I also saw loss of both gap control AND not holding the edge numerous times.. Here the good news... STOP blitzing WAX.. let him sniff out the run gaps... Also blitz Barron or Mac instead if the want pressure.. Barron specifically becasue i dont trust him in pass defense anyway... Last but not least... have all 4 Dlinemen play disciplined and hold there gaps and do not try and get too fancy... This should close up some of the Holes we saw in the first half... I expect to see some of these adjustments in the 2nd half and more even play next week.. Not really worried about it yet...

I still can't believe how poorly Ohio executed that last drive. They had first and goal on the 3 yard line. If they had run the ball north/south they would have either a) scored a TD, or b) run enough clock where we probably wouldn't have been able to put that drive together. Those repeated rollouts to the right for them were just a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smith14krac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom