OJLL 2024 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OJLL 2024

Firth and Toronto tearing it up. Horns Up !

The Oven is really small....and hot.

The OJLL has ruled that Toronto Beaches have forfeited their first 8 games. I don't know if this has been reported on here yet. If it has I missed it and apolgize for repeating it. I thought that the Beaches were undefeated and when I looked at the standings last night and just now it shows the Northmen in first place at 11-2 (going into tonight's game which they are currently leading big) and the Beaches in 9th place at 6-9. I thought something was wrong with the OJLL's webpage. After a Google search I found this article that explains what happened based on an OJLL ruling. Apparently this can be appealed. One of the 8 games was the Beaches win over the Northmen 13-6 in Orangeville. That games is presently recorded in league records as a 6-0 win by Orangeville. The return game is Saturday night in Toronto.

Last edited:
The OJLL has ruled that Toronto Beaches have forfeited their first 8 games. I don't know if this has been reported on here yet. If it has I missed it and apolgize for repeating it. I thought that the Beaches were undefeated and when I looked at the standings last night and just now it shows the Northmen in first place at 11-2 (going into tonight's game which they are currently leading big) and the Beaches in 9th place at 6-9. I thought something was wrong with the OJLL's webpage. After a Google search I found this article that explains what happened based on an OJLL ruling. Apparently this can be appealed. One of the 8 games was the Beaches win over the Northmen 13-6 in Orangeville. That games is presently recorded in league records as a 6-0 win by Orangeville. The return game is Saturday night in Toronto.

Tried to follow this on twitter. Some posters think the league is corrupt and favoring Orangeville because Orangeville plays too many Americans? I don't know all the rules but people are definitely pissed off.

Tried to follow this on twitter. Some posters think the league is corrupt and favoring Orangeville because Orangeville plays too many Americans? I don't know all the rules but people are definitely pissed off.
Thanks for the reporting. I haven't done any further searching on it, yet. But I'm not surprised people would be pissed off. I wonder what the real story is. But I'd find it strange that the powers that be would favor Orangeville because they have so many Americans. I'd think the opposit. But as the Inside Lacrosse article mentions, the Beaches are likely still favored to win the Minto Cup. And now they have extra motivation.

Thanks for the reporting. I haven't done any further searching on it, yet. But I'm not surprised people would be pissed off. I wonder what the real story is. But I'd find it strange that the powers that be would favor Orangeville because they have so many Americans. I'd think the opposit. But as the Inside Lacrosse article mentions, the Beaches are likely still favored to win the Minto Cup. And now they have extra motivation.
Did some more googling, the conspiracy theories are coming out because

the Deputy Commissioner is a former President/GM for Orangeville

and his son (?) is a current asst coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors