OK, I got one - movie everyone loves, but you think sucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK, I got one - movie everyone loves, but you think sucks

Okay, I have no idea if anyone else would think this movie is a great movie in the first place, but Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman is far and away the worst movie I was ever forced to sit through. And that's only because my wife loved it. I hate that movie with a passion that has spread to me hating most everything ever done by the high priest of Scientology.

Okay, I have no idea if anyone else would think this movie is a great movie in the first place, but Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman is far and away the worst movie I was ever forced to sit through. And that's only because my wife loved it. I hate that movie with a passion that has spread to me hating most everything ever done by the high priest of Scientology.

I have a hard time watching just about anything with Tom Cruise in it.

The Dark Knight or any other super hero movie after you get over 25 years old.

I get the performance of Heath Ledger but that movie was painful to sit through.

I also hated Avatar - an incredibly stupid movie for anyone who stopped to consider the plot
Thank you.

Plot was as original as a ponzi scheme yet people keep falling for both.

I get the performance of Heath Ledger but that movie was painful to sit through.

That's a bold move ... 9.0 on IMDB (#7) ... 94% on tomatometer. You may be alone on that one.

Thank you.

Plot was as original as a ponzi scheme yet people keep falling for both.

That's a bold move ... 9.0 on IMDB (#7) ... 94% on tomatometer. You may be alone on that one.

I must be in the minority then because I loved Anchorman, Fletch, Braveheart and Die Hard! Also I have never seen Avatar so I cant comment on that.

I just grew out of the whole super hero movie thing.

the notebook. Had an ex girlfriend make me watch it. She was in tears the whole movie, then tells me it reminds her of an ex boyfriend. I was like, are you kidding me? We didnt last long. Chick was crazy.

the notebook. Had an ex girlfriend make me watch it. She was in tears the whole movie, then tells me it reminds her of an ex boyfriend. I was like, are you kidding me? We didnt last long. Chick was crazy.

Sorry for your pain, but that one was funny.

Sorry for your pain, but that one was funny.

lol not very much pain. Relationship was doomed from the start. She was the new girl in my highschool, my friends hated her (because of the crazy thing) but she was hott as hell, and fun to "lay around with". Lasted about about 3 months lol

lol not very much pain. Relationship was doomed from the start. She was the new girl in my highschool, my friends hated her (because of the crazy thing) but she was hott as hell, and fun to "lay around with". Lasted about about 3 months lol

Wow, just put together that you were still back in HS when the notebook came out.

She was in tears the whole movie, then tells me it reminds her of an ex boyfriend. I was like, are you kidding me?

Crazy, dumb, and super hot. Recipe for disaster. Had an ex-gf in HS like that, was lighter on the crazy but was like talking to a hamster. Turned out to be a model and I still have no regrets.

Crazy, dumb, and super hot. Recipe for disaster. Had an ex-gf in HS like that, was like talking to a hamster but lighter on the crazy. Turned out to be a model and I still have no regrets.

No model job for this one lol. Idk what she is up to now. Did I mention she faked being prego for 3 months, because I tried to break up with her? lol we uhh, dont keep in touch

No model job for this one lol. Idk what she is up to now. Did I mention she faked being prego for 3 months, because I tried to break up with her? lol we uhh, dont keep in touch
You hooked a monster with that cast.

Forrest Gump

Gran Torino.

Lost in Translation

Inglorious Bastards

Little Miss Sunshine

Napolean Dynamite

Forrest Gump

Gran Torino.

Lost in Translation

Inglorious Bastards

Little Miss Sunshine

Napolean Dynamite
I love all of those except for Forrest Gump and Gran Torino. I like, but don't love Forrest Gump and I never saw Gran Torino.

I just thought of one. Crash. Waste of time if you ask me. My time.

I love all of those except for Forrest Gump and Gran Torino. I like, but don't love Forrest Gump and I never saw Gran Torino.

lol...that's the way the topic goes.

I can see why people like/love some of them, except Little Miss Sunshine, which along with Closer and Rachel Getting Married (I didn't include those because I don't think they're generally "LOVED") were the most excruciatingly painful films I have watched over the past decade. And I watch a ton of bad movies on Netflix.

I just thought of one. Crash. Waste of time if you ask me. My time.
"Hey guys! How many Dei Ex Machina do you think we can we fit into one film?"

"What if we took like 10 of em and made like one giant Voltron Deus Ex Machina!?"

"BRILLIANT IDEA, JOHNSON!"

... commence Oscars.

:bang:

Anchorman

I usually make at least one good anchorman reference a week so you shut the hell up

See, I would add any mafia movie ever. I did not like the Godfather.

Wow! Can you explain what you don't like about the better than Peter Griffin?

It insists upon itself.

Ok, I have taken for this for years, but I just do not find any flick glamorizing organized crime entertaining at all (well, except for Johnny Dangerously)
I've sat through it three times, and I can appreciate it for the landmark that it is. I just do not find it, or any thing from that genre enjoyable

It insists upon itself.

Ok, I have taken **** for this for years, but I just do not find any flick glamorizing organized crime entertaining at all (well, except for Johnny Dangerously)
I've sat through it three times, and I can appreciate it for the landmark that it is. I just do not find it, or any thing from that genre enjoyable

I love Johnny Dangerously.

Magna Carta...Master Charga

agree on Citizen Kane

I also hated Avatar - an incredibly stupid movie for anyone who stopped to consider the plot

and Inglorious Basterds - I used to like Tarantino, but beginning with Kill Bill, he has gotten increasingly impressed with his own tricks & dialogue and his films have grown increasingly wordy and boring.

I do agree that Jackson's movies are way too long - another guy overly impressed with his own talent

Did you see it in 3d in theatres? Forget the plot. I saw it when I was still in my teens, and I assure you I was in the proper state of mind for this type of movie if you catch my drift.

Following along this discussion of movies and stuff, I'm curious to know which movies people generally love that you really don't appreciate and suffer consequences for voicing that opinion. I'm talking about the ones where everyone agrees it's great except for you, and because you don't you get treated like an idiot.

Here are some of mine:

Lord of the Rings - Peter Jackson is to movie lengths what Chris Berman is to the 2 minute drill.

Citizen Kane - Yeah, that's right. You can recognize that it was groundbreaking while also acknowledging that it's absolutely brutal to watch.

The Hangover - Granted I saw it on Comedy Central or something, but it really wasn't funny.

Interested to hear from others.

There's your problem.

You're officially the only person I've ever heard that disliked this movie. Ledger's performance is unmatched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom