OK - I Have Vented on Judah Along With Everybody Else... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK - I Have Vented on Judah Along With Everybody Else...

Time to support the kid. It wasnt from lack of effort. He has won us more games than he has lost us.

He probably feels much worse than any of us fans do.

He is a frosh, he will probably lose us a couple of more, but overall he has been TERRIFIC.

Judah is sensational. We so quickly forget he was less than 48 hours removed from an 8 assist/one turnover game against a team older than one NBA team.

I think it is laughable to say Boeheim should have taken Mintz out. Mintz is the alpha leader albeit a flawed one at times and you gotta ride with your best ballhandler who can finish.

If social media was around back in the day, we would have all been calling for Pearl's benching after four offensive fouls/charges against Marquette, where he looked clueless. (flashback)

Last night stunk. That would have been our first signature win of the year. But the zone and rebounding faltered late and we got 31 "meh" Mintz minutes.

We need this kid and, yes, there will be some goddam it moments along the way.

Assigning complete blame to either the coach or player in this situation is ridiculous. Judah is the lead guard and a critical piece of the team, so he's afforded a longer leash. Benny is still figuring it out and is one of many options at forward, so he gets a shorter leash. It's not rocket science, and it's nothing new.
A coach should know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. Yes, Judah is a starter and leader, but he is a freshman who is prone to playing hero ball and making bad decisions at crunch time, so if a coach has a steadier hand on deck, why not play it? Not saying that Judah shouldn't be on the floor, just saying at this point of his growth and learning, he shouldn't have the ball in his hands at critical parts of the game. With shooters like Taylor and Girard on the floor, I would trust Symir over Judah to make a better decision with the ball.

Game scenario decisions like this happens all the time in college and the NBA where the role of star players change based upon their strengths and weaknesses.

Are you forgetting his play in the first 39 minutes of all of our 12 wins ????
Well I mean sure, him and 9 other guys but when it comes to crunch time, the ball has been in one players hands more than other and it has been poor decision making that has cost them games

A coach should know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. Yes, Judah is a starter and leader, but he is a freshman who is prone to playing hero ball and making bad decisions at crunch time, so if a coach has a steadier hand on deck, why not play it? Not saying that Judah shouldn't be on the floor, just saying at this point of his growth and learning, he shouldn't have the ball in his hands at critical parts of the game. With shooters like Taylor and Girard on the floor, I would trust Symir over Judah to make a better decision with the ball.

Game scenario decisions like this happens all the time in college and the NBA where the role of star players change based upon their strengths and weaknesses.
Everyone loves the backup quarterback until you play him for extended minutes and realize why he's the backup.

Everyone loves the backup quarterback until you play him for extended minutes and realize why he's the backup.

If JB had gone to Sy and put Judah on the bench and we still lost, the board would be filled with “how do you have Judah on the bench during crunch time? JB is an idiot.”

It just seems a given for some that Torrence is more trustworthy in that situaton and I'm not sure why that is.
One more bad game from Judah and people will be comparing Symir to Oscar Robertson.

Not a relevant response since we are not talking about playing him extended minutes but in particular situations.

One more bad game from Judah and people will be comparing Symir to Oscar Robertson.
this is ridiculous. if a kid is having hard enough time emotionally for an eight year old girl to ask "what's going on with that guy", he might need a break

If JB had gone to Sy and put Judah on the bench and we still lost, the board would be filled with “how do you have Judah on the bench during crunch time? JB is an idiot.”
this is BS and a lame copout

why would i lie about how i actually felt? because I care what anyone here thinks of me?

i guarantee the game thread was full of people saying it as it was happening without even having to look at it

this is BS and a lame copout

why would i lie about how i actually felt? because I care what anyone here thinks of me?

i guarantee the game thread was full of people saying it as it was happening without even having to look at it

Who’s talking about you or anyone in particular? I’m just saying I know what kind of posts we’d be seeing today from people.

I'm in the minority but I think Jesse's point total is skewing people. He was not good in the first half and he was bad on D most of the night. He got involved early in the second half and was the beneficiary of some nice feeds at the rim. He hit his FT's which helped immensely, but I don't think his entire game was awesome.
He's totally going overboard not trying to foul on D. Shots from the paint are noticeably more difficult when he's out...and we know Jesse can defend, so I dont think he forgot. I think he's just feeling the pressure knowing he's so depended on O.

A loss like this used to bother me but now we're stuck in purgatory until JB leaves I just shrugged my shoulders and turned the channel to the NFL game after the SU game was over.

I've become so numb
I can't feel you there
Become so tired
So much more aware

this is ridiculous. if a kid is having hard enough time emotionally for an eight year old girl to ask "what's going on with that guy", he might need a break
It was supposed to be ridiculous.

I don't blame Judah, it's the fault of coach. While Judah can be dynamic, both he and Girard are careless with the ball. Symir should have been in the game to steady the ship to make game saving/winning decisions.

I don't like how Benny gets a short leash and gets yelled at and Judah just get instructions and pep talks when he makes mistakes.
Symir had no business being on the floor and wasn't. The question I have is why wasn't Bell on the floor instead of Benny?
Not a relevant response since we are not talking about playing him extended minutes but in particular situations.
A late game possession needing a basket is a game situation that Sy should NEVER be a part of. He doesn't score, he doesn't pass. He plays good defense and dribbles. And I'm not convinced he makes better decisions just because he's older. My question is why Benny instead of Bell? Benny had a good game and was 2/3 from 3. But Bell is a better shooter no doubt. I guess since we were only down 2 Benny could have been more likely to get a put back, but he doesn't even do that much. Mailq? I love Maliq Brown, but has anyone ever seen him shoot anything other than a dunk or a put back? Judah's mistake was game awareness. He was not getting to the rim and not getting fouls called last night. That should have changed his decision making. Most games I still feel Judah driving is our best option. Unless Joe has a smaller guy on him, which I don't believe he did on those last couple of possessions. As someone pointed out in another thread, we lost not because Judah didn't score. We lost because we couldn't get a rebound the last 2 minutes and they got too many second chances late.
Lastly, I know its only opinion but I'd give everyone calling Judah "Selfish" last night a one week ban. He's a lead guard and we're lucky to have him.

because mintz was an obvious emotional mess, were you watching?

Every star has a bad game or two. One thing JB has been great with over the years when it comes to the rotation is rolling with whoever is on and benching whoever is off on any particular night.

I was surprised that JB didn't sub in Sy at any point during that meltdown, calm Judah down, and then put him back in (depending on how things were going with Sy).

I get wanting a kid to experience the adversity and work through it, but that would have been a really important resume win last night.

I don't blame Judah, it's the fault of coach. While Judah can be dynamic, both he and Girard are careless with the ball. Symir should have been in the game to steady the ship to make game saving/winning decisions.

I don't like how Benny gets a short leash and gets yelled at and Judah just get instructions and pep talks when he makes mistakes.
Judah has earned the confidence from the coaches based on the season so far. Benny did not. And the end game results can go either way. We are just unlucky. Miami center at the right place to block Judah's last shot and took away the ball.

Every star has a bad game or two. One thing JB has been great with over the years when it comes to the rotation is rolling with whoever is on and benching whoever is off on any particular night.

I was surprised that JB didn't sub in Sy at any point during that meltdown, calm Judah down, and then put him back in (depending on how things were going with Sy).

I get wanting a kid to experience the adversity and work through it, but that would have been a really important resume win last night.
I think it's all about next year for JB and Torrence isn't part of those plans so this year is a big ol' whatever

we'll see if it pays off. it's good to be annointed by JB at Syracuse, you have to do a lot to get unannointed even if for a couple minutes

I'm just being honest, I don't think Mintz is actually that good even if you throw out the meltdown yesterday. I don't think he's a star that takes us that far ever

I think it's all about next year for JB and Torrence isn't part of those plans so this year is a big ol' whatever

we'll see if it pays off. it's good to be annointed by JB at Syracuse, you have to do a lot to get unannointed even if for a couple minutes
Playing for "next year" in the 2023 College Basketball environment is insane.

Excited for a bunch of "I HATE COLLEGE BASKETBALL" posts on this board in the offseason

Playing for "next year" in the 2023 College Basketball environment is insane.

Excited for a bunch of "I HATE COLLEGE BASKETBALL" posts on this board in the offseason
we're playing for his last year. not the typical next year. nothing is typical. dust will settle soon enough.

we're playing for his last year. not the typical next year. nothing is typical. dust will settle soon enough.
Sure...but you said JB is playing for next year. We're assuming the key players on this years team will be back next year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom