Ok I'm gonna say it... | Syracusefan.com

Ok I'm gonna say it...

Opus

Starter
can we give the blue uniforms a rest? Yes we were out played today. I know it wasn't because of the uniforms. But the Syracuse 'Orange' playing their first ACC game in blue uniforms was just silly. Do we want the bball team to play their first ACC game in their GTown grey uni's? Sorry had to find something to complain about to fit in around here. ;)

if all the kids are going to just willy nilly choice uniform colors do schools not bother to have school colors any more?

one time deals i get.. full time non traditional colors/helmets i dont.

can we give the blue uniforms a rest? Yes we were out played today. I know it wasn't because of the uniforms. But the Syracuse 'Orange' playing their first ACC game in blue uniforms was just silly. Do we want the bball team to play their first ACC game in their GTown grey uni's? Sorry had to find something to complain about to fit in around here. ;)
+1

Clemson had more orange in their road whites than we did in our home blues.

who cares right now?
Well if you read my last sentence in my post you might have gotten the sarcasm. But you keep being upset. I'm over it. On to NC State LGO!

Alright, my bad. I've heard so much negativity that I internet-overreacted. Apologies.

I just still find it funny that Syracuse and Clemson are both so proud of their orange, and neither team wore that color today. Like, there was barely any orange in either uniform. Good thing both teams are so proud of that color!

Alright, my bad. I've heard so much negativity that I internet-overreacted. Apologies.
No biggie. I know emotions are running high today. Bad game. Maybe I should have kept the snark until tomorrow? ;) Anyways carry on. :)

Home: All orange

Road: White tops, orange pants

Alt 1: Blue tops, white pants

Alt 2: Blue tops, orange pants

Alt 3: Blue tops, blue pants

Alt 4: Any of those with the new helmets

I just still find it funny that Syracuse and Clemson are both so proud of their orange, and neither team wore that color today. Like, there was barely any orange in either uniform. Good thing both teams are so proud of that color!

Until the start of the 2011 season, Clemson wore all sorts of combinations of orange, purple and white. That started under Tommy Bowden who let the seniors pick the colors for just about every game. That practice resulted in some garish combinations - like orange pants and purple jerseys under our signature orange helmets. I heard too many fans say, "I don't care if they wear pink as long as they win."

Well guess what? We weren't winning. I consider it part of Dabo's maturation process that he put an end to the multiple combos after the 2010 season that almost cost him his job. Sure it was a little thing but it contributed to the lack of focus on that team. Since then we have worn orange jerseys on white pants at home and "road whites" away from Death Valley. No exceptions. The team considers those colors to be their "business suits" now. It seems to make a difference.

Just putting that out there

Go back to the traditional orange pants with home blue tops and road white ones. Have some SU pride.
This.

It cracks me up in a depressing sort of way that we've always taken so much pride in the fact that we only have ONE official school color, and we've almost entirely phased it out of our football uniforms at this point.

Flipping channels I couldn't tell who was playing who. Was that TCU? Was that Arizona State? Was that Baylor? Who the heck can tell any more?

Flipping channels I couldn't tell who was playing who. Was that TCU? Was that Arizona State? Was that Baylor? Who the heck can tell any more?
Emphasized by the fact that the picture on the front of ESPN.com right now shows Stanford wearing head to toe black.

I know you're just busting the uni chops but I don't care if they wore tarps as long as they win.

Go back to the traditional orange pants with home blue tops and road white ones. Have some SU pride.

Exactly. If they want to keep those stupid helmets well, OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom