Ok so tell me about BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ok so tell me about BC

So it sounds like offensively they're in a rough spot?

Don't run it great, and the QB isn't passing it well either?

I think someone speculated they might shake things up at QB. If so, that's not ideal. We have shown we don't handle "not having tape" all that well.

55897519-05E0-47BD-BA7B-BA0CDB929CAF.jpeg

I think someone speculated they might shake things up at QB. If so, that's not ideal. We have shown we don't handle "not having tape" all that well.
They have the best OL in the ACC, a solid RB, and Flowers the WR who is good.

Their QB2 is limited.

Their D is mediocre/bad last I checked.

If we are healthy and the D bounces back, I could see us winning this one rather easily. It could be a breakout game. I'll be surprised if we are stuck in our 7 straight close FBS game.
Yep IF as you said the injury news isn’t worse than we know right now. That said all teams are hurting right now so I think we take bc regardless (unless Shrader surprisingly and unlikely god forbid gets sidelined), but yeah, if the injuries are bad to worse we could have a post Clemson 2017 stretch.

That’s if shredder and Tucker are banged up (a little worried about Tucker and that hit he took on the hip where you get hip pointers or worse avulsion fractures).

Short of anything like that to those two and we roll. Saturday.

They have the best OL in the ACC, a solid RB, and Flowers the WR who is good.

Their QB2 is limited.

Their D is mediocre/bad last I checked.
Flowers was a guy we wanted, I think.

I read on their forum that they have only averaged 11 ppg in ACC play. A few posters were wondering whether they can score enough points to win any of their remaining games. Hope not!!

I read on their forum that they have only averaged 11 ppg in ACC play. A few posters were wondering whether they can score enough points to win any of their remaining games. Hope not!!
That's interesting, but I default to my expectation that we're going to give up somewhere between 21 and 35 points because college teams do score these days and so just to be safe we should score in the mid to high 30s.

The problem for them is that the backup qbs are a PWO and a recruit that had zero other p5 offers

It's somewhat irrelevant how good our remaining opponents may or may not be, we've got 4 chances to get 2 wins for a bowl appearance and I imagine we'll want to lock in this next home game.

So what are we in for with BC? Not like our 4 wins are against impressive teams or anything, but looks like their record is built on a soft schedule so far.
They are averaging 11 ppg in conference play.

They can’t run the ball, theYhave a former walk in starting at QB who can’t throw and their offensive tackles are the worst in the ACC. They cannot block. Their interior line is still decent. Their second best receiving threat, a big TE who can run, appeared to suffer a serious knee injury against the Cards and is doubtful.

On defense, their DL and LBs have been playing awful. They can’t stop the run, especially with QBs who can run. Their secondary is pretty good but a starting safety broke his arm against UL and is out for the season. And their best CB got hurt against UL too and is unlikely to play.

if Shrader is good, we are going to score a lot of points. Though I am worried about Vet’s injury and Ilaoa possibly having to play a whole game at center.

Depth becomes really important as November nears.

Their wobbling, get after them early and they won't be able to come back. Maybe get a big win.

Both teams full strength - close tough game. Current injury make up, we roll them. That said our D concerns me, but I don't think they stop us at all.

Both teams full strength - close tough game. Current injury make up, we roll them. That said our D concerns me, but I don't think they stop us at all.

Yeah - for once, Cuse is better off in the injury dept than an opponent.
BC is down to a backup/backup QB, their D is massively depleted.

Our M*A*S*H unit OL should still be able to hold up reasonably well vs. BC's D-line, which means that Bad Mutha Tucker and Shredder are gonna rumble.

If our passing game keeps improving, there are definitely going to be opportunities for big pass plays against BC's DB's.

With a wife that is BC alum, I have seen a few of their games. Grosel (QB) is not bad and we should not take him lightly. He's more throwing threat than run threat, but Flowers can do a lot to help him. We need tight and focused coverage on Flowers and then watch their serviceable run game. BC always has good TEs, but their best is sitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom