OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days?

A few weeks ago, I posted that this would be the biggest game in recent history. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Now, where to eat Friday night? (I realize that doesn't provide a lot of direction cuisine-wise, but we're omnivorous.)

Pastabilities in armory is can't miss. Epic and reasonably priced.

I’ve been meaning to check out With Love restaurant after reading about their concept. On the list for my next trip to Syracuse.
One of the best restaurants and food anywhere in the nation:
home - Camillus, - Inn Between Restaurant

Some others out by where I live:
The Sherwood Inn
https://joellesfrenchbistrony.com (one of the nations best French restaurants)
Elderberry Pond Country Foods
Home

Fancy Italian heaven:
joeys

Casual Italian heaven:
angottis on Burnett av

Along with dinosaur made famous by guy fieries (sp?) visit:
Witamy!

For great steaks Prime as already mentioned (haven't been but heard stones is good), this place is great:
https://www.daniellassteakhouse.com

And if you want to stay close to downtown/the dome here's 10 more that are good to great:
Like a Local: The best restaurants in Syracuse - TravelMag

Last edited:
One of the best restaurants and food anywhere in the nation:
home - Camillus, - Inn Between Restaurant

Some others out by where I live:
The Sherwood Inn
https://joellesfrenchbistrony.com (one of the nations best French restaurants)
Elderberry Pond Country Foods
Home

Fancy Italian heaven:
joeys

Casual Italian heaven:
angottis on Burnett av

Along with dinosaur made famous by guy fieries (sp?) visit:
Witamy!

For great steaks Prime as already mentioned (haven't been but heard stones is good), this place is great:
https://www.daniellassteakhouse.com

And if you want to stay close to downtown/the dome here's 10 more that are good to great:
Like a Local: The best restaurants in Syracuse - TravelMag
Did Daniella's once. Never again. Love the Inn Between.
Nick and Angelo's in Liverpool is very good.(Italian)

Nice list. I love Francesca’s. There is another top notch Italian place just down the block called Asti.

I’ve heard good things about Pizza Regionale but I have not been. I like Twin Trees for pizza and wings. Twin Trees Too on Milton.

Had a fantastic dinner at Nick and Angelo’s last time I was home.

Nick and Angelos is very very good.

Nice list. I love Francesca’s. There is another top notch Italian place just down the block called Asti.

I’ve heard good things about Pizza Regionale but I have not been. I like Twin Trees for pizza and wings. Twin Trees Too on Milton.

Had a fantastic dinner at Nick and Angelo’s last time I was home.

Pizza Regionale is great. Best Pizza place you will find in Syracuse and I’ve found upstate. Stacks up with any NYC pizza place tbh.

I read Prime but for some reason it registered as Stone's for me. Stone's is a newish steak house on Erie in Dewitt.

IMO Prime is the most over rated restaurant in Syracuse. If you want to try something new. There is a new place that just opened in Armory Square called Citronelle. I attended their soft opening and the food was fantastic. Great atmosphere and set up as well.

The York is another very good place that has been around for a few years on Fayette St.

If you are looking for the best scallop or lobster roll you will have anywhere outside of a coastal city, The Fish Friar is also highly recommended and has outdoor seating.

All of these are in or around Armory.

Sad that Syracuse restaurant game is so unbelievably weak. I can name 10 restaurants off the top of my head in Buffalo I love... I struggle to find one in Syracuse.

No way. They have improved vastly in the last 5 years alone. When is the last time you have been downtown?? There are new ones popping up by the month. Plus the many staples on N. Salina and elsewhere.

Did Daniella's once. Never again. Love the Inn Between.
Nick and Angelo's in Liverpool is very good.(Italian)

You didn't get the right thing then. The French Veal Chop at Daniella's is my favorite meal to get anywhere. It is my go to whenever i am at Daniella's.

Last edited:
Dark Horse! It was a while ago but they had a slab bacon steak with maple bourbon sauce as a special. I swear to God my wife and I had a food orgasm right in the middle of that place. Awesome spot. Always a great experience there.

Thumbs down to The Mission. Don't waste your time with that pretentious excuse for a restaurant. Go right down the street to Otro Cinco or to big brother Alto Cinco on Westcott.

Second for Lemongrass. Thai with unique class and flair.

New spot on Montgomery Street called 317 is also very good.

And I'm telling you (again), The Cider Mill. True gastronomic experience and great people.

IMO Prime is the most over rated restaurant in Syracuse. If you want to try something new. There is a new place that just opened in Armory Square called Citronelle. I attended their soft opening and the food was fantastic. Great atmosphere and set up as well.

The York is another very good place that has been around for a few years on Fayette St.

If you are looking for the best scallop or lobster roll you will have anywhere outside of a coastal city, The Fish Friar is also highly recommended and has outdoor seating.

All of these are in or around Armory.

Fish Friar is owned by a relative. Very good.

I used to like BC in Armory Square (even though I loathed the name). I see it's been replaced by The York? Is it any good?

In our infrequent visits, we always end up doing Dinosaur.

When I'm back in Syracuse I always hit up the spot for my favorite slice.

sRC3Qk5.jpg