OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days?

I only make it up to Syracuse once or twice per year, and there are two things I absolutely have to have when I'm in town...

1. A Cheeseburger Sub from Oswego Sub Shop
2. Dinosaur BBQ

Angotti’s is my favorite restaurant in Syracuse. Great Italian food (Chicken Parmesan is the best), with a very casual atmosphere. The owners also love SU sports, so that is a plus.

The Cidar Mill is also a great suggestion and have never been disappointed. It is more formal then Angotti’s, without being formal...if that makes any sense.

One of the best restaurants and food anywhere in the nation:
home - Camillus, - Inn Between Restaurant

Some others out by where I live:
The Sherwood Inn
https://joellesfrenchbistrony.com (one of the nations best French restaurants)
Elderberry Pond Country Foods
Home

Fancy Italian heaven:
joeys

Casual Italian heaven:
angottis on Burnett av

Along with dinosaur made famous by guy fieries (sp?) visit:
Witamy!

For great steaks Prime as already mentioned (haven't been but heard stones is good), this place is great:
https://www.daniellassteakhouse.com

And if you want to stay close to downtown/the dome here's 10 more that are good to great:
Like a Local: The best restaurants in Syracuse - TravelMag

Krebs is fantastic.

I only make it up to Syracuse once or twice per year, and there are two things I absolutely have to have when I'm in town...

1. A Cheeseburger Sub from Oswego Sub Shop
2. Dinosaur BBQ

Stupid question on Dino - their website takes reservations in all locations minus Syracuse. Gather first come / first serve?

Asking for a friend.

Stupid question on Dino - their website takes reservations in all locations minus Syracuse. Gather first come / first serve?

Asking for a friend.
Yes. First come first served. But they turn things over quickly.

One of the best restaurants and food anywhere in the nation:
home - Camillus, - Inn Between Restaurant

Some others out by where I live:
The Sherwood Inn
https://joellesfrenchbistrony.com (one of the nations best French restaurants)
Elderberry Pond Country Foods
Home

Fancy Italian heaven:
joeys

Casual Italian heaven:
angottis on Burnett av

Along with dinosaur made famous by guy fieries (sp?) visit:
Witamy!

For great steaks Prime as already mentioned (haven't been but heard stones is good), this place is great:
https://www.daniellassteakhouse.com

And if you want to stay close to downtown/the dome here's 10 more that are good to great:
Like a Local: The best restaurants in Syracuse - TravelMag
Scrolled through the thread waiting for Inn Between mention. One of my favorite restaurants in any state. Chris is a great chef, doesn't hurt that Randy Colman is a family friend. Apizza Regionale is top 5 in NY state.

Last edited:
Santangelos in Liverpool is a great Italian place as is Nesticos in North Syracuse.

You just called Pastabilities overrated and then in the same thread recommended Santangelos? Thumbs down.

Dark Horse! It was a while ago but they had a slab bacon steak with maple bourbon sauce as a special. I swear to God my wife and I had a food orgasm right in the middle of that place. Awesome spot. Always a great experience there.

Thumbs down to The Mission. Don't waste your time with that pretentious excuse for a restaurant. Go right down the street to Otro Cinco or to big brother Alto Cinco on Westcott.

Second for Lemongrass. Thai with unique class and flair.

New spot on Montgomery Street called 317 is also very good.

And I'm telling you (again), The Cider Mill. True gastronomic experience and great people.

Pretentious? Never once have I been to The Mission and has the word "pretentious" even remotely come to mind to describe any part of my experience there.

Also, maxxyz, The Mission is definitely not Mediterranean. Mostly Mexican with some Latin American influences.

Lemongrass is my favorite. My #1 recommendation.

Pastabilities is very good. Always a long wait on Friday nights and weekends.

Haven’t tried Citronelle, but I think it is same folks as Lemongrass, so it probably has a lot of promise. The new space looks nice.

The wife and I always hit up The York for drinks and small plates when we are both in town together. Really like that place.

Blue Tusk for beer and sandwiches (really good ones) is a good stand-by, but may not be what you are looking for (more casual.)

Dino is always good. No reservations, but have a few craft beers while you wait (and you will wait.) This is always worth a visit.

My favorite is Barado’s on the Water. A great bar and even better food located at 57 Bradbury Rd, Central Square, NY 13036-3134

Rosalie's in Skaneateles. The ribeye with house-made fig sauce is amazing. Full disclosure, the owner is a personal friend, but I don't think you will be disappointed.

Pretentious? Never once have I been to The Mission and has the word "pretentious" even remotely come to mind to describe any part of my experience there.

Also, maxxyz, The Mission is definitely not Mediterranean. Mostly Mexican with some Latin American influences.
I'm glad you've had good experiences there, it gives me hope. Unfortunately, I have not. I've found the food bland with particularly poor attention paid to the quality of ingredients. And I would be more than willing to overlook a little sloppiness and say nothing but for the fact that the staff there has treated me rather poorly pretty much every time I've been in the place (maybe I'm an ahole?). Everyone sees the experience differently and each experience is different, the hardest thing in the business is to be consistent.

It’s not bad, just seems a little tired. Most of the restaurants mentioned in this thread are the same ones that have been mentioned for the last 15 years here.

As a local it is incredibly overrated.

What they do, they do well.

But it's about my 57th choice for dinner. Unthinkable that people wait hours for a table at Pastabilities with so many good options out there.

Their lunch is great, though.

Asti’s on the north side is fantastic.

Justins Grill off carrier circle

Brian’s Landing in Green Lakes state park (with good weather)