OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days? | Syracusefan.com

OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days?

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
A few weeks ago, I posted that this would be the biggest game in recent history. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Now, where to eat Friday night? (I realize that doesn't provide a lot of direction cuisine-wise, but we're omnivorous.)

I was up in the 'Cuse around the Labor Day holiday. My buddy, his wife & I dined at a new restaurant called Prime. I ordered the filet and cream spinach...it was fantastic!

A few weeks ago, I posted that this would be the biggest game in recent history. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Now, where to eat Friday night? (I realize that doesn't provide a lot of direction cuisine-wise, but we're omnivorous.)
Clemson?

Sticking mostly to the downtown area.

Francesca's on N. Salina St. near downtown. One of my current favs. Exceptional in every way. Its getting too cold for this, but eating on the patio is a joy.

The Evergreen Downtown on East Water St. Casual Bar & Grill. You might be taken aback because you order your food at a window which is then brought to your table, but it's a great place with good food and and a great atmosphere.

A Pizza Regionale Not in my top 10, but alot of my friends like it. Owned by the originator of the Dinosaur BBQ. Upscale pizza joint with a nice decor and good service.

Laci's Tapas Bar This is a little outside of downtown and in a semi sketchy area, but its well worth it if you enjoy tapas style restaurants. Great food and decor, excellent scotch selection.

The Mission I love this place. Its in an old church by the Civic Center. The menu is hard to discribe; Kind of a mediterranean mix. Moderately priced and casual and usually very enjoyable.

Kitty Hoynes I'm not a big fan of most armory square places, but Kitty Hoynes is an exception. Great irish pub food. Always busy on weekends.

Ale & Angus I'm including this one because of location as its downtown, but on the campus side. It's a casual bar and grill, but they do great steaks, burgers, fish & chips, grilled salmon, etc. If you run out of options, this will serve you well.

For those staying at the Hotel Syracuse (or just looking for a place) Shaughnessys Irish Pub is a sports bar that will probably be filled with game-goers that day. Not at the top of the list, but it would do.

Hope this helps!

Sad that Syracuse restaurant game is so unbelievably weak. I can name 10 restaurants off the top of my head in Buffalo I love... I struggle to find one in Syracuse.

What kind of food do you like?

Francesca's on N. Salina St. near downtown. One of my current favs. Exceptional in every way. Its getting too cold for this, but eating on the patio is a joy.

The Evergreen Downtown on East Water St. Casual Bar & Grill. You might be taken aback because you order your food at a window which is then brought to your table, but it's a great place with good food and and a great atmosphere.

A Pizza Regionale Not in my top 10, but alot of my friends like it. Owned by the originator of the Dinosaur BBQ. Upscale pizza joint with a nice decor and good service.

Laci's Tapas Bar This is a little outside of downtown and in a semi sketchy area, but its well worth it if you enjoy tapas style restaurants. Great food and decor, excellent scotch selection.

The Mission I love this place. Its in an old church by the Civic Center. The menu is hard to discribe; Kind of a mediterranean mix. Moderately priced and casual and usually very enjoyable.

Kitty Hoynes I'm not a big fan of most armory square places, but Kitty Hoynes is an exception. Great irish pub food. Always busy on weekends.

Ale & Angus I'm including this one because of location as its downtown, but on the campus side. It's a casual bar and grill, but they do great steaks, burgers, fish & chips, grilled salmon, etc. If you run out of options, this will serve you well.

For those staying at the Hotel Syracuse (or just looking for a place) Shaughnessys Irish Pub is a sports bar that will probably be filled with game-goers that day. Not at the top of the list, but it would do.

Hope this helps!
Great list. As someone who is in and out of Syracuse for games, it's nice to have some new options. The Mission sounds like something right up our alley. Same with The Evergreen. Ale and Angus sounds good but according to their website they are closed on weekends. Thanks for the list.

Hope this helps!
Nice list. I love Francesca’s. There is another top notch Italian place just down the block called Asti.

I’ve heard good things about Pizza Regionale but I have not been. I like Twin Trees for pizza and wings. Twin Trees Too on Milton.

Had a fantastic dinner at Nick and Angelo’s last time I was home.