OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days?

um...not even top 5 for italian food. Always recommended by people who don't know much though.

They over cook their pasta. But the sauce and pricing is great. And it has a good vibe. Probably nostalgia.

They over cook their pasta. But the sauce and pricing is great. And it has a good vibe. Probably nostalgia.
Their spicey tomato oil is other-worldly amazing. They make fantastic breads as well. The ambiance is great too. Im just never impressed with the menu. Francesca's is one of the best restaurants ive been to in any city. Thats #1 for Italian in Syracuse in my opinion.

Sophias and Lake Effect Diner are each great. The Greek influence in Buffalo is everywhere

Sophia’s is better than any dinner in Syracuse. And I’ve been going to Stella’s since they were on the other side of wolf street.

Syracuse’s restaurant game isn’t good.

Used to have a great Greek diner on Erie Blvd in the ‘cuse. What a menu! Closed 20-25 years ago. Still missed...
GardenView Diner in Liverpool is greek. I know a bunch of people that swear by that place.

Sophia’s is better than any dinner in Syracuse. And I’ve been going to Stella’s since they were on the other side of wolf street.

searching for block button... Saying a city restaurant game is weak because of diners is hilarious. You are foolish bro.

GardenView Diner in Liverpool is greek. I know a bunch of people that swear by that place.
Great palce too

searching for block button... Saying a city restaurant game is weak because of diners is hilarious. You are foolish bro.
Anyone who’s been to Buffalo in the past 10 years knows it has better restaurants. That’s not a knock on Cuse. Buffalo’s twice the siZe and equally or more diverse

Anyone who’s been to Buffalo in the past 10 years knows it has better restaurants. That’s not a knock on Cuse. Buffalo’s twice the siZe and equally or more diverse
It’s not what Nahson said about Buffalo that’s in question. He said Syracuse’s restaurant scene was “unbelievably weak” and can’t find ONE restaurant that he loves. That’s where the thread got rolling.

It’s not what Nahson said about Buffalo that’s in question. He said Syracuse’s restaurant scene was “unbelievably weak” and can’t find ONE restaurant that he loves. That’s where the thread got rolling.

Ah well thats just not true. It’s improving slowly. Old restaurants seem to be falling off and new exciting ones are coming in.

Someone answer me this. Whats with the lack of restaurants/bars in franklin square?

How the hell you all know so many specifics about all of these places?

Angottis ...I remember I used to go years ago when Carmine stood over huge pot of sauce in a stained white apron. They had 2 of the fattest german shepards Ive ever seen they could hardly get up. Great food.

GardenView is a terrific place. I hesitate to endorse it because it is already way too crowded, but they do a great job.

Nesticos in North Syracuse is solid as well:

Totally forgot that my wife and I popped in for a meal there a year or two ago. Yeah, that was good, especially for such a random place whose name I couldn't even remember (just looked it up on Google Maps to confirm).

Nesticos has the best Calimari and hot peppers I’ve ever had IMO.

Ah well thats just not true. It’s improving slowly. Old restaurants seem to be falling off and new exciting ones are coming in.

Someone answer me this. Whats with the lack of restaurants/bars in franklin square?

Relative lack of residential population combined with inertia: when the city and Pyramid were developing Franklin Square, private development in the Armory was just getting some momentum. Planners realized that a small city's urban renaissance wouldn't support a second retail district so close to the Armory, so they actively sought to limit the land use in Franklin Square to office and some residential.

It was the right move at the time, but it's obviously robbed Franklin Square of some vitality today.

Relative lack of residential population combined with inertia: when the city and Pyramid were developing Franklin Square, private development in the Armory was just getting some momentum. Planners realized that a small city's urban renaissance wouldn't support a second retail district so close to the Armory, so they actively sought to limit the land use in Franklin Square to office and some residential.

It was the right move at the time, but it's obviously robbed Franklin Square of some vitality today.
When I read some of your non sports posts, I feel like i should be paying for the content. Always such good info for us locals.

Makes a lot of sense. I think Franklin Square gaining ground with some service industry/night life could only catalyze the steady progress downtown syracuse is making. Armory’s turning into a mess at night though. I know I try to stay on Tipp or towards hanover for night life these days.

Well if you using Stella’s as your comparison, now we know why you think Buffalo restaurants are great.

Makes a lot of sense. I think Franklin Square gaining ground with some service industry/night life could only catalyze the steady progress downtown syracuse is making. Armory’s turning into a mess at night though. I know I try to stay on Tipp or towards hanover for night life these days.

You must be younger. Armory Square 10-15 years ago was an absolute madhouse at 2 a.m. It's far more tame now, probably due to the fact that a lot of the club-type places have been replaced.