Okay, so it is a quarter to three yesterday and | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Okay, so it is a quarter to three yesterday and

Yeah I know. I read some of the halftime comments. Somebody said that coach should make the guys drink like 5 cups of coffee to wake them up. Apparently he did. Everybody knows it takes like 20 minutes for ingested things to get into your system! I just wondered how many true comments I would get versus the fibbers who said they had confidence the whole game!
Does anyone have any real idea about how Coach talks to the players at halftime? I would like anecdotes!

I sit up in 309 right on top of the team, but too far away. A small group of us always watch the time outs to watch the gaggle of players circling the coach and wonder what the heck he is saying to them. We wish we could lip read.

I had a rude awakening one game many years ago where they miked JB up. Finally! I was going to get the inside scoop about what goes on in those sacred circles. But all I heard was, “Coach! Coach, I can’t guard him. I can’t guard him!” And JB just responded, “Well, you got to.”

Oh well.

This is great.
My approach of late is to not watch the game or get any kind of update while game is happening, and then check for the final score - and then watch game at a later time, usually w/o getting any info on what happened during game. So yesterday when I checked the final score and saw we won 75-67, I figured "ok cool looks like we held high-powered offense of ND in check pretty well, probably just a hohum close-ish game throughout." When I watched the replay and it got to be a 20pt lead in the 2nd half and they were seemingly on pace to score about 100, I had to make sure I didn't check on the wrong final score.
For real? I guess I am far too involved on social media, with friends, etc, to ever do such a thing.

For real? I guess I am far too involved on social media, with friends, etc, to ever do such a thing.
yeah... I make myself "unavailable", don't check any social media, and give myself something to do during the game when I do this... I'm weird and superstitious and lately too many of the games give me too much stress watching them live - and I yell and throw things and get in trouble with the wife and the dog...
not proud of any of this, but alas :oops:

yeah... I make myself "unavailable" during the game when I do this... I'm weird and superstitious and lately too many of the games give me too much stress watching them live - and I yell and throw things and get in trouble with the wife and the dog...
not proud of any of this, but alas :oops:
Look, in my younger days I could have sold tickets to people to watch me watch the games. It wasn't healthy. I am 400% better now. And still not all that good. I coach the game along with JB. This dvr ing has been a Godsend to me. With the game never really stopping, it really cuts down the stress.

Look, in my younger days I could have sold tickets to people to watch me watch the games. It wasn't healthy. I am 400% better now. And still not all that good. I coach the game along with JB. This dvr ing has been a Godsend to me. With the game never really stopping, it really cuts down the stress.
yep - I've found not watching them live cuts down on my stress greatly - and plus like you say the added bonus of breezing thru commercials and halftime

I too am a fan of the "record and start watching at about halftime and catch up by the end" maneuver.
Am I the only one that usually DVRs a Saturday afternoon Syracuse game and watches it at night after my kids are in bed?

I get to do things with the kids during the day and the kids don't see Dad yelling and swearing and I can drink heavily if needed. After the game is over, I'm either ready to celebrate with another Manhattan or so depressed I often just go to bed.

Am I the only one that usually DVRs a Saturday afternoon Syracuse game and watches it at night after my kids are in bed?

I get to do things with the kids during the day and the kids don't see Dad yelling and swearing and I can drink heavily if needed. After the game is over, I'm either ready to celebrate with another Manhattan or so depressed I often just go to bed.
This year with all the frustrations with the team, I've gotten so I don't watch live even when I have time. Hate the 6:30 starts anyways because it's right in the middle of dinner time. 7 isn't much better. So I wait till the game is over, check on the results and watch on ESPN/ACCN replay. That way it greatly reduces the stress from the frustration. Sat / ND was the first live game I've watched in weeks and I was regretting it through the first 23 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom