Okay, what the F is a Hoo? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Okay, what the F is a Hoo?

I think anyone residing in NC is technically a Tarheel, unlike in Virginia where you have to be born into that ELITE membership.

How did my sweet snowy owl get dragged into a discussion about whores and carps?
Apparently, your owl may be rooting for UVA... perhaps only during the night.

Last edited:
Carp is disgusting, wahoo is actually a very prized game fish, and pretty tasty to eat I might add in a burger or ceviche

The Virginia slang word, wahoo is not the wahoo you're thinking of. These are the same people who pronounce the town Buena Vista, "Bee-ewwna Vista."

It is a nickname for a fish (probably carp) given to UVA by Washington and Lee students as a derogatory name and somehow the name stuck and UVA still uses it. (I'm an alum of UVA and W&L).

By the way Washington and Lee fight song still includes the words, "and we will roll those Wahoos on the sod, yes by God!"

the-more-you-know-o.gif

Last edited:
... people who pronounce the town Buena Vista, "Bee-ewwna Vista."

I'm not surprised. One of my brothers lives near Roanoke. There are people there who are literally impossible to understand when they speak. At least it appears that's what they're trying to do.

I'm not surprised. One of my brothers lives near Roanoke. There are people there who are literally impossible to understand when they speak. At least it appears that's what they're trying to do.
Yes, I believe they are descendants of a group from the northeast called the Vitales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom