Class of 2019 OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Dinkyspond

(Hal) Cohen - (Marty) Headd backcourt
uuuhhhhggg..."If I stick with Syracuse, I'll be in a good place"
So right. I respect the young man's right to change his mind but why verbally commit and say something like that. Let's hope we can hold off poachers.

CA Monk

2nd String
uuuhhhhggg..."If I stick with Syracuse, I'll be in a good place"
Not the best portent, but at least his parents were with him and perhaps bolstered the decision. I'm just looking for anything now that will prevent a wandering eye. I mean we "discover" this hidden gem, we should be the ones to polish him.
It's funny, when he announced his committment many of us were underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.
I think he stays. We'll see.

Last edited:

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
Not the best portent, but at least his parents were with him and perhaps bolstered the decision. I'm just looking for anything now that will prevent a wandering eye. I mean we "discover" this hidden gem, we should be the ones to polish him.
It's funny, when he announced his committment we were all underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.
It's the recruitment of teenagers. Sometimes they stay committed sometimes they don't. This is part of the coaches job to stave off the siren song of other programs. A winning season will help.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
It's funny, when he announced his committment we were all underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.
Many of us were not underwhelmed

Ernj

2nd String
How do those numbers stack up against other P5 OL recruits?
Link to all Nike regionals:
https://www.theopening.com/2018-to-journey-results

Link to NY/NJ Regional:
https://www.theopening.com/2018-new-jersey-results

Just the NY/NJ Regional:
Highest OL: Christian Mahogany (93.33)
Anthony Red finished #9 of all OL

# of OL with 90+ rating: 2
# of OL with 80 - 90 rating: 2
# of OL with 70 - 80 rating: 7

Edit: The National Leaderboard only lists people who score 100+ rating. There are no OL on the National Leaderboard.

Last edited:

anomander

Living Legend
Just absolutely devastating news. Red's Father collapsed before his game and passed away.

EDIT: Not at the Dome

Top Bottom