Class of 2019 - OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not even a senior in high school yet. We'll see in two years.

Good point -- 6-4 270 is plenty big for a guy who is just beginning the summer after his junior year of high school. He's a full year away from arriving on campus.

uuuhhhhggg..."If I stick with Syracuse, I'll be in a good place"
So right. I respect the young man's right to change his mind but why verbally commit and say something like that. Let's hope we can hold off poachers.

uuuhhhhggg..."If I stick with Syracuse, I'll be in a good place"
Not the best portent, but at least his parents were with him and perhaps bolstered the decision. I'm just looking for anything now that will prevent a wandering eye. I mean we "discover" this hidden gem, we should be the ones to polish him.
It's funny, when he announced his committment many of us were underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.
I think he stays. We'll see.

Last edited:
Not the best portent, but at least his parents were with him and perhaps bolstered the decision. I'm just looking for anything now that will prevent a wandering eye. I mean we "discover" this hidden gem, we should be the ones to polish him.
It's funny, when he announced his committment we were all underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.
It's the recruitment of teenagers. Sometimes they stay committed sometimes they don't. This is part of the coaches job to stave off the siren song of other programs. A winning season will help.

It's funny, when he announced his committment we were all underwhelmed (no P5 offers). Now it's all we can do to keep him.

Many of us were not underwhelmed

Let’s hope Red stays as loyal to SU as this one did to Andy Dufresne:

latest

His NIKE Regional Combine stats:

6-4
40 - 5.54
SH - 5.12
PB - 36.5
VJ - 29
Rating - 72.57

How do those numbers stack up against other P5 OL recruits?
Link to all Nike regionals:
https://www.theopening.com/2018-to-journey-results

Link to NY/NJ Regional:
https://www.theopening.com/2018-new-jersey-results

Just the NY/NJ Regional:
Highest OL: Christian Mahogany (93.33)
Anthony Red finished #9 of all OL

# of OL with 90+ rating: 2
# of OL with 80 - 90 rating: 2
# of OL with 70 - 80 rating: 7

Edit: The National Leaderboard only lists people who score 100+ rating. There are no OL on the National Leaderboard.

Last edited:
Just absolutely devastating news. Red's Father collapsed before his game and passed away.

EDIT: Not at the Dome

Just absolutely devastating news. Red's Father collapsed before his game and passed away.

EDIT: Not at the Dome

Oh my god, that's terrible!

Awful. My prayers to the kid and his family. Just awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online