Class of 2019 - OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Love getting lean/muscular linemen out of HS. Easier to put on good weight than change bad weight to good weight.

I'd expect we have a few more commits coming this week too...

large_image.jpg

I don’t see him at tackle unless he is still growing height wise. I’m thinking will end at guard.
I saw his measurements as 6'5" 270 which sounds like a tackle to me. Obviously he has a lot of changes coming by the time he hits the field, so we will see.

From the tape of his play that I watched at Syracuse.com, two things stood out to me.

1. As a tackle at least, he seemed to follow his coaching to the letter. Instead of just going through the motions his hands and feet were active just as I imagine he is told to do in practice.

2. He has an intensity about him and plays until the whistle. Similar to the comment about coaching, this kid looks like he takes instruction well and gives everything he has on every play.

Awesome. Love getting lean/muscular linemen out of HS. Easier to put on good weight than change bad weight to good weight.

I'd expect we have a few more commits coming this week too...

Great post. Having OL who are "in shape" is vital to the pace Babers wants to play.

I really like when we get commitments after they camp. The staff was able to view his skill set in person and doing the drills they want, and I think that is so important. I like how the class is starting, build from the line outward. The defensive and offensive front has been our largest crutch for years.

I saw his measurements as 6'5" 270 which sounds like a tackle to me. Obviously he has a lot of changes coming by the time he hits the field, so we will see.

From the tape of his play that I watched at Syracuse.com, two things stood out to me.

1. As a tackle at least, he seemed to follow his coaching to the letter. Instead of just going through the motions his hands and feet were active just as I imagine he is told to do in practice.

2. He has an intensity about him and plays until the whistle. Similar to the comment about coaching, this kid looks like he takes instruction well and gives everything he has on every play.
Somewhere I saw 6’4” which is a little short for tackle especially with the speed some ends have in this league. Unless they have amazingly long arms. Kid looks good on film. Either position it’s a nice pickup.

You do know that the video you watched on syracuse.com is the same hudl video that was posted in the first page of this thread? We always try and post an offerees highlight video when they are offered.

Somewhere I saw 6’4” which is a little short for tackle especially with the speed some ends have in this league. Unless they have amazingly long arms. Kid looks good on film. Either position it’s a nice pickup.
His height and weight seem to be all over the place. The hudl profile says 6'6 280.

You do know that the video you watched on syracuse.com is the same hudl video that was posted in the first page of this thread? We always try and post an offerees highlight video when they are offered.

Noooooo, CL, don't do it. Don't fall into the cynical assumption of "You do know..."!!!! If a poster knew than would they post the opposite of what they knew? God, I would hope not.

Noooooo, CL, don't do it. Don't fall into the cynical assumption of "You do know..."!!!! If a poster knew than would they post the opposite of what they knew? God, I would hope not.
You never know.

Sorry? Not sure why I feel like I need to apologize for that, but I do if that’s necessary.

I saw the news and video on syracuse.com and didn’t have time to check out the video here before posting. Just trying to give people an idea of what video I was referring to in case other videos out there show something different.

Sorry? Not sure why I feel like I need to apologize for that, but I do if that’s necessary.

I saw the news and video on syracuse.com and didn’t have time to check out the video here before posting. Just trying to give people an idea of what video I was referring to in case other videos out there show something different.
You don't have to apologize. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that we try and post their hudl videos, when available, in the thread so that y'all can see it when they are first offered. The Hudl videos are the ones used by all the media outlets.

Even at 6’4” and 270 I feel like he is a little lean for the G position. He did play G in his hudl VIDEO THAT CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD ;).

For the speed of some ends at this level, I would be looking for someone with more agility to stay in front of them rather than arm length to reach out and hold them.

From what I have seen from this coaching staff, I would bet that he will be cross-trained at both positions. His potential flexibility could be a major factor in his recruitment.

You don't have to apologize. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that we try and post their hudl videos, when available, in the thread so that y'all can see it when they are first offered. The Hudl videos are the ones used by all the media outlets.
Thank you. You guys do an excellent job. I love this place. I may have not posted a lot over the years but I have been around since 2011 on this site and for many years at the old sites. Usually I do watch the videos here but I caught it elsewhere and didn’t want to assume you had the same video.

Thank you. You guys do an excellent job. I love this place. I may have not posted a lot over the years but I have been around since 2011 on this site and for many years at the old sites. Usually I do watch the videos here but I caught it elsewhere and didn’t want to assume you had the same video.
It's the universal video...usually the same one kids initially send to coaches.
And post more.

Even at 6’4” and 270 I feel like he is a little lean for the G position. He did play G in his hudl VIDEO THAT CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD ;).

For the speed of some ends at this level, I would be looking for someone with more agility to stay in front of them rather than arm length to reach out and hold them.

From what I have seen from this coaching staff, I would bet that he will be cross-trained at both positions. His potential flexibility could be a major factor in his recruitment.
I agree with the feet but first punch is important. Plus I can’t remember last 6’4” tackle we have had in 20 yrs.

That's a picture of Petey. There was a Rev who played QB and was hurt early in the season. To my knowledge there is no "Red" in the movie. But yes, great movie!
You are correct my friend. Old age is starting to effect me I guess. Thank you for the correction.

I agree with the feet but first punch is important. Plus I can’t remember last 6’4” tackle we have had in 20 yrs.
Ivan Foy.

6'4" is still in the ballpark for a tackle. Pats took Isaiah Wynn in the 1st round. Dude is 6'2" and consensus is he could play tackle if needed. Don't get me wrong, length is an important attribute at the position, but a player can compensate. Quick feet, long arms, and the ability to convert speed to power (i.e. bend) all work to compensate. This kid may not have the height. He's got the other 3 and can play both positions. Better suited to guard (will make a nasty guard) but has the ability to play both.

Ivan Foy.

6'4" is still in the ballpark for a tackle. Pats took Isaiah Wynn in the 1st round. Dude is 6'2" and consensus is he could play tackle if needed. Don't get me wrong, length is an important attribute at the position, but a player can compensate. Quick feet, long arms, and the ability to convert speed to power (i.e. bend) all work to compensate. This kid may not have the height. He's got the other 3 and can play both positions. Better suited to guard (will make a nasty guard) but has the ability to play both.
Ivan Foy.

I agree

He's not even a senior in high school yet. We'll see in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom