Class of 2019 - OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Anthony Red Jr (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just absolutely devastating news. Red's Father collapsed before his game and passed away.

EDIT: Not at the Dome

That's horrifying. Poor kid. Absolutely sucks.

Poor kid. Such an awful thing. Stand tall and respect his ways and memory knowing he loved u more than life. God speed

Such a shame. Feel bad for this young man. Prayers go out to him and his family.

As Anomander stated, this is devastating.
I say this truthfully, and without one iota of selfishness, but I hope he comes here and is able to fulfill all of his dreams and make his father, and all of his friends and family, proud. From places dark and full of despair, the greatest stories are often written.
And should he choose to go elsewhere, as his path may have need to do for the sake of his family, I would wish him nothing less.
I hope his heart soon finds the peace that only love and time can bring, and that tears of sorrow are soon replaced with the smiles of fond remembrances of his father.

https://.com/Article/Syracuse-commi...ching-staff-after-death-of-father--123996045/

Free Article

Tragedy brought Syracuse commit Red closer to coaching staff

ByBrian Dohn 11 hours ago

OAKDALE, Conn. -- St. Thomas More offensive lineman Anthony Red already loved the family feel of Syracuse, which led to his June commitment to the Orange, and the support he received during a tragic development this season brought him even closer to the staff.

During an early-season game against Wallingford (Conn.) Choate Rosemary Hall, Red’s father collapsed during pregame and died. Red found out about it during the game, and finished playing to honor is father.

And as his family grieved, and still grieves, Syracuse’s coaching staff was quick to respond.

“That meant a lot,” the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Red said. “They showed me good support. The whole coaching staff contacted me. They all signed a letter with a picture of my family when we all went up (on a visit). I have it hanging up in my room. They sent my mom flowers. That really meant a lot.”

Red’s contact with offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh remains poignant.

“He’s always checking in on me, on my family, on my mom,” Red said. “He called me up when my dad passed away. That was a big thing for me. He’s always giving me advice.”

The relationship between Red and Syracuse’s coaching staff has been strong for a while.

“When I went up there, they were really family oriented,” he said. “They sat down with my mom, with my dad and they made it seem like I was one of the players already and I didn’t even commit yet. It was nice.

“I sat and met with the coach (Cavanaugh) and we connected. I met his wife and we ate together. It was a great experience.”

Red will make his official visit after St. Thomas More’s season, and he will enroll in January and get started on his college career.

And when he watches the Orange in action, there is plenty he likes right now.

“I’ve seen a lot of good stuff,” Red said. “They have a high-powered offense. I like the way they move up and down the field. I like to move. Huddling is not for me.

https://.com/Article/Syracuse-commi...ching-staff-after-death-of-father--123996045/

Free Article

Tragedy brought Syracuse commit Red closer to coaching staff

ByBrian Dohn 11 hours ago

OAKDALE, Conn. -- St. Thomas More offensive lineman Anthony Red already loved the family feel of Syracuse, which led to his June commitment to the Orange, and the support he received during a tragic development this season brought him even closer to the staff.

During an early-season game against Wallingford (Conn.) Choate Rosemary Hall, Red’s father collapsed during pregame and died. Red found out about it during the game, and finished playing to honor is father.

And as his family grieved, and still grieves, Syracuse’s coaching staff was quick to respond.

“That meant a lot,” the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Red said. “They showed me good support. The whole coaching staff contacted me. They all signed a letter with a picture of my family when we all went up (on a visit). I have it hanging up in my room. They sent my mom flowers. That really meant a lot.”

Red’s contact with offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh remains poignant.

“He’s always checking in on me, on my family, on my mom,” Red said. “He called me up when my dad passed away. That was a big thing for me. He’s always giving me advice.”

The relationship between Red and Syracuse’s coaching staff has been strong for a while.

“When I went up there, they were really family oriented,” he said. “They sat down with my mom, with my dad and they made it seem like I was one of the players already and I didn’t even commit yet. It was nice.

“I sat and met with the coach (Cavanaugh) and we connected. I met his wife and we ate together. It was a great experience.”

Red will make his official visit after St. Thomas More’s season, and he will enroll in January and get started on his college career.

And when he watches the Orange in action, there is plenty he likes right now.

“I’ve seen a lot of good stuff,” Red said. “They have a high-powered offense. I like the way they move up and down the field. I like to move. Huddling is not for me.
Dino and staff doing things right. This is life, not a video game and our staff gets that.

Dino and staff doing things right. This is life, not a video game and our staff gets that.
As good of a coach that Dino is i believe that he is an even better role model.
Im extremely impressed with the current leadership of Syracuse. From the BOT down to our coaches we are as strong as i have ever seen. The Chancellor and AD are world class. We are in the early stages of a great period for SU.

Welcome to the family. It is hard to not love what Dino and his staff have done and continue to do.
It’s good to be Orange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors