Class of 2023 - OL Chase Bisontis (NJ) Committed to TAMU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL Chase Bisontis (NJ) Committed to TAMU

He went to Don Bosco in Ramsey. Not sure he’s from there. That said, Nunz used to coach there I think so I’d have to believe he would have the relationships.
Nunzio was head coach at Bosco's bitter rival Bergen Catholic.

Edit: didn't realize he was OC at Bosco before he went back to BC

Nunzio was head coach at Bosco's bitter rival Bergen Catholic.

Edit: didn't realize he was OC at Bosco before he went back to BC
He was OC at Bosco for 9 years before becoming HC at Bergen. He brought Toal to Bergen after DeVito’s senior year.

I don’t think McCord was as difficult as people think. It’s great we got him, but I think the Jersey connection was a big part of it.

I’ll never be able to prove it, but I think Fran pried him loose from OSU via back channels. I think it blind sided the OSU staff a bit. I think McCord knew he had a safe landing spot here before he portaled and took the Neb trip as a courtesy/fact finding event.

Doesn’t anyone else find it odd that no one other than Syracuse and Neb got a visit from him? I mean, there are a ton of P4 teams looking for a QB. I think he had a good idea where he was going before he portaled.
Especially since Fran really didn’t target any other portal QB’s besides the UB kid who was probably not seen as a realistic starter. He seemed to know something nobody else did.

I don’t think McCord was as difficult as people think. It’s great we got him, but I think the Jersey connection was a big part of it.

I’ll never be able to prove it, but I think Fran pried him loose from OSU via back channels. I think it blind sided the OSU staff a bit. I think McCord knew he had a safe landing spot here before he portaled and took the Neb trip as a courtesy/fact finding event.

Doesn’t anyone else find it odd that no one other than Syracuse and Neb got a visit from him? I mean, there are a ton of P4 teams looking for a QB. I think he had a good idea where he was going before he portaled.
And if Fran is taking tOSU's starting QB a week into his tenure imagine what he can do once the foundation is actually laid..

He said he had a ten year relationship with them so yes

All the noise in this thread was from fans wanting him, not from any sort of tea leaves or evidence we were in play here. Never thought we’d have a chance Here.

All the noise in this thread was from fans wanting him, not from any sort of tea leaves or evidence we were in play here. Never thought we’d have a chance Here.
Well not completely. He was a NJ kid that Coach E Rob recruited to Texas A&M that entered the portal, and early chatter was that he was considering Rutgers, Syracuse and I think Michigan to potentially transfer to. So it wasn't a made up thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom