Class of 2021 - OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24)

Why does it make sense?
Hometown is right outside Pittsburgh
I'm sure he has a lot of pressure to play in front of family
Hopefuly he see's Fran as a better coach then Narddouchey

Reactions: CIL
Well I like to think I’m objective and I could see him starting on the interior with some work. He has good weight distribution and he moves well. He may very well not be projected as a Tackle here anyway.
Fair enough. We just disagree. We have alot of talent coming in and it's easy to see that with our own eyes.
He just seemed slow, weak, not good at using his hands, and poor technique and balance vs an E.Mich DE.
Maybe I didn't see what I saw, we'll see. IMO we have better OL talent already on the roster and need better OL talent to match our other talent we're recruiting or we'll have an unbalanced roster with McCord running for his life and he's not even a runner...

Well, maybe a trip home to see the family by taking an OV there. Two birds with one stone, plus then can always tell friends/family he looked but Pitt just wasn't the best fit for him.

Well, maybe a trip home to see the family by taking an OV there. Two birds with one stone, plus then can always tell friends/family he looked but Pitt just wasn't the best fit for him.
Yeah hopefully nothing more than this.

Fair enough. We just disagree. We have alot of talent coming in and it's easy to see that with our own eyes.
He just seemed slow, weak, not good at using his hands, and poor technique and balance vs an E.Mich DE.
Maybe I didn't see what I saw, we'll see. IMO we have better OL talent already on the roster and need better OL talent to match our other talent we're recruiting or we'll have an unbalanced roster with McCord running for his life and he's not even a runner...
This commitment is not making the roster un balanced. Its a depth piece with upside.

This commitment is not making the roster un balanced. Its a depth piece with upside.
Oh OK...'Depth Piece with upside' is code word for exactly what I said. We agree then.
The majority of our teams under Dino were 'depth pieces with possible upside'...

Last edited:
2:56 mark here against Northwestern. He moves well trucking down the field for that size. I thought even at RT on this play against a P5 defense he looked pretty good on this run play.

Pretty good job pass blocking at the 3:20 mark too.

At 4:19 or so gets out to block a screen too.

4:30 pretty nice run block beyond the LOS.

You put him in our strength and conditioning for 6 months with our Offensive coaches tutoring him and move him to the interior - I can see the upside there.

Having depth is a bad thing now? Do you think every 2nd or 3rd guy on each team is as good as the starter?
His film against Northwestern is much better than the Eastern Michigan film. Plus I think he was moving between RT and RG on the EMU film so it was hard to tell which one was him half the time.

2:56 mark here against Northwestern. He moves well trucking down the field for that size. I thought even at RT on this play against a P5 defense he looked pretty good on this run play.

Pretty good job pass blocking at the 3:20 mark too.

At 4:19 or so gets out to block a screen too.

4:30 pretty nice run block beyond the LOS.

You put him in our strength and conditioning for 6 months with our Offensive coaches tutoring him and move him to the interior - I can see the upside there.

You are not supposed to research transfers and talk about their strengths. Only the weaknesses. Thats not fair. Its SEC or bust

Last edited:
You are not suppose to research transfers and talk about their strengths. Only the weaknesses. Thats not fair. Its SEC or bust
Not for nothing but I see a heck of a lot more upside here than a number of the current OL we have. And this kid is raw and has never really had the tutelage of a P5 program staff.

But whomever that DE is he was up against vs Northwestern I thought he handled pretty well. Plus, why would you even think of throwing a screen to his side if he's a RT that can't move well?

Having depth is a bad thing now? Do you think every 2nd or 3rd guy on each team is as good as the starter?
We don't need anymore depth level talent with possible upside. We need to upgrade the talent across the OL to match our new skill level talent we now have. I really can't understand why that is so controversial or up for debate. Isn't this such a basic concept we all agree with?

You have to remember we have a finite amount of nil. It’s much more than we have enjoyed in the past but our pockets are not Oklahoma deep.

We don't need anymore depth level talent with possible upside. We need to upgrade the talent across the OL to match our new skill level talent we now have. I really can't understand why that is so controversial or up for debate. Isn't this such a basic concept we all agree with?
Needing lineman has been a 20 year issue so thats not new news. We cant act like having guys like Kauhi,Mack, Bass Moeolo backing up is cool either. Are you expecting them to get SEC starters to come to SU? Do you think the staff is not trying to get quality lineman?

Last edited:
Needing lineman has been a 20 year issue so thats not new news. We cant act like having guys like Kauhi,Mack, Bass Moeolo backing up is cool either. Are you expecting them to get SEC starters to come to SU? Do you think the staff is not trying to get quality lineman?
Fran said he wants bigger guys that he can work with to get to the playing weight he wants.
No more 265 or less lbs guys trying to add weight.

Well we have gotten one SEC from Georgia

I thought he committed?
Austin Powers Laser GIF

”Committed”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online