Class of 2021 - OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Da'Metrius Weatherspoon (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/3/24)

Pure speculation on my part. Perhaps he was told to hold off enrolling until we have more attribution? Therefore he’s covering his bases.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by Lil Jon

Always good when our guys are wanted by other P4(?) schools. Especially another conference opponent who has historically recruited at a much better clip than us.

A Couple nice head to head wins vs Pitt on the trail. First taking the top RB recruit in NJ and then fending off a flip for a big man. For a school that has admittedly had the upperhand against us lately maybe this, combined with breaking the curse on the field this year, hopefully is signs that the rivalry(?) swings again in our favor.

Last edited:
Always good when our guys are wanted by other P4(?) schools. Especially another conference opponent who has historically recruited at a much better clip than us.

A Couple nice head to head wins vs Pitt on the trail. First taking the top RB commit in NJ and then fending off a flip for a big man. For a school that has admittedly had the upperhand against us lately maybe this, combined with breaking the curse on the field this year, hopefully is signs that the rivalry(?) swings again in our favor.
I like Weatherspoon as a sleeper guy. Great size / weight distribution and can move at his size. Get him with a P4 staff and could very well be a rotational player this year and starter next year.

I like Weatherspoon as a sleeper guy. Great size / weight distribution and can move at his size. Get him with a P4 staff and could very well be a rotational player this year and starter next year.
I was really surprised of how well he moved at that size. His technique needs fine tuning for sure but you can see the potential. We have to look outside the recruiting profile some times and try to figure out why the coaches like a particular prospect. You provide some thoughts that others might not be willing to dive into. I appreciate your contributions.

I was really surprised of how well he moved at that size. His technique needs fine tuning for sure but you can see the potential. We have to look outside the recruiting profile some times and try to figure out why the coaches like a particular prospect. You provide some thoughts that others might not be willing to dive into. I appreciate your contributions.
Well I’ll say I’m no film expert, but I also know that Fran and E Rob are two of the better identifiers of talent around. And whether you coach OL or DL, if you’re skilled at identifying talent, you can do it for either simply because you see your DL go up against OL guys all day long lol. Same with DB’s & WR’s. So that makes me more confident that even a guy like Weatherspoon that doesn’t appear like a day 1 starter will be a roster upgrade. And that’s what we need, and having a few of the upgrades be developmental guys isn’t going to hurt anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom