Class of 2019 - OL/DL Antonio Alfano (NJ) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL/DL Antonio Alfano (NJ)

You guys don’t even know what the kid is up too or if he’s changed? You just assume he’s been to 4 different schools that he must be a “”.

I’m sure it 100% non starter but if Fran spoke to him and he’s changed and actually wanted to dedicate himself to changing, his talent would be worth it.

But yes won’t come to fruition

You guys don’t even know what the kid is up too or if he’s changed? You just assume he’s been to 4 different schools that he must be a “”.

I’m sure it 100% non starter but if Fran spoke to him and he’s changed and actually wanted to dedicate himself to changing, his talent would be worth it.

I think being to 4 different schools isn't a red flag. It's a red banner.

Maybe he has turned things around but I doubt it's a risk the staff is willing to take.

I think being to 4 different schools isn't a red flag. It's a red banner.

Maybe he has turned things around but I doubt it's a risk the staff is willing to take.
It isn’t the 4 schools thing on its own, it’s the suspensions on top of that too, and you are right, he certainly could have turned things around but the staff is in year 1 of a complete culture change, so no way they risk it

How do you know the talent is still there? Has the kid played since HS?

Just because someone was a '5 star player' against HS talent doesn't mean they are a '5 star player' in college. And if you can't stay on the field, you're definitely not a '5 star player'.

How do you know the talent is still there? Has the kid played since HS?

Just because someone was a '5 star player' against HS talent doesn't mean they are a '5 star player' in college. And if you can't stay on the field, you're definitely not a '5 star player'.
He’s good. He has highlights from Lackawanna up. He’s head and shoulders above those kids. He’d be a starter here.

But there’s a reason or reasons why no one will take him, despite that.

Didn't he have a brother that also was a football player and was pretty good?

Didn't he have a brother that also was a football player and was pretty good?
There is a point when you have to look at a recruit as he makes his way through life and really see what he's about. That's been done, The different schools, his mental attitude, excuses - his grandmother, players he thought he was better than so he better leave, other issues that may be greater than the aforementioned.

So the board knows, I and an Admin have faced recently at least one other recruit or portal entry with problems and I have made a decision and that is not to judge or evaluate the gentleman, be he one or not, period. Creating problems for the program and school is not where I live.

We are excited at what Fran Brown is doing and it's all positive.

Last edited:
Just to say it, he was a one time Bergen Catholic Crusader, where I assume he played for our own Coach Campanile. Coach was there through 2017 and this player was class of 2019. I think we know about him and his potential challenges.

Since I was given a second chance by Coach Mac, I am all for HCDB going after AA to solidify the Cuse defense. Kid is also from NJ which could help us in recruiting NJ. Go for it Dino!
Care to share your Coach Mac 2nd chance story? I’d love to hear

My opinion is Fran needs his culture to be in place with staff and team before you take a flyer on a project player like that. Agree with DJ on this one. Year 1 is not the time to do that. Once culture is in place across the program, then it's fine take a chance on a guy. Gotta build it first.

Care to share your Coach Mac 2nd chance story? I’d love to hear
It had to do with a cannabis issue under Coach Maloney. When he was fired, I reached out to Coach Mac and he allowed me to join team as a walk-on in spring 1981...along with 20 other walk-ons looking for a scholarship for there was only one available. Mac said I made a mistake but all is good for they needed LB's after Jimmy Collins left for the NFL. My old position as a DE/OLB (first year under Nick Saban) was changed to inside LB with the likes of Tony Romano and Mike Zunic and it was a major change for I liked rushing the passer. After the 7th spring practice of '81, I was called into Mac's office and he told me that I was back on team with a scholarship and anything that I had paid as a student would be handled by SU. I ended up playing in 8 full games due to injury and had 126 tackles, 2 int's and a fumble recovery. Two of my games are on YouTube which are at #2 Pitt (Dan Marino) and # 17 WVU (Oliver Luck). So YES, I welcome AA if he is given second chance to play for the Orange. No more messing around with HCFB and Go CUSE!

It had to do with a cannabis issue under Coach Maloney. When he was fired, I reached out to Coach Mac and he allowed me to join team as a walk-on in spring 1981...along with 20 other walk-ons looking for a scholarship for there was only one available. Mac said I made a mistake but all is good for they needed LB's after Jimmy Collins left for the NFL. My old position as a DE/OLB (first year under Nick Saban) was changed to inside LB with the likes of Tony Romano and Mike Zunic and it was a major change for I liked rushing the passer. After the 7th spring practice of '81, I was called into Mac's office and he told me that I was back on team with a scholarship and anything that I had paid as a student would be handled by SU. I ended up playing in 8 full games due to injury and had 126 tackles, 2 int's and a fumble recovery. Two of my games are on YouTube which are at #2 Pitt (Dan Marino) and # 17 WVU (Oliver Luck). So YES, I welcome AA if he is given second chance to play for the Orange. No more messing around with HCFB and Go CUSE!
Love it. Thanks for sharing. Silly that weed was demonized for so long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom