Class of 2017 - OL Patrick Davis (Canada) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Patrick Davis (Canada) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to figure out how you get to be a 21 year old freshman. I turned 21 during my senior year of college and this kid is starting it at the same age. I know that Canadian kids can take the "victory lap" which is a 5th year in high school but still not sure where the other 2 or 3 years have went with Davis. 21 is pretty bizarre for a non-Mormon mission kid.
It's not that hard. Depending on when a kids birthday falls he might not be able to start school until he is six and some parents hold their kids back a year for maturity reasons. Then they graduate from HS at 19. If they then prep a year or two they are 20/21 their freshman year of college.

It's not that hard. Depending on when a kids birthday falls he might not be able to start school until he is six and some parents hold their kids back a year for maturity reasons. Then they graduate from HS at 19. If they then prep a year or two they are 20/21 their freshman year of college.
Perfect example: our TFrosh WR Sharod Johnson will turn 20 in October.

When's the last time that we had a kid step onto campus as an already 21 year old true fresh?

When's the last time that we had a kid step onto campus as an already 21 year old true fresh?
BYU had a few of those the other night playing so the announcer says

BYU had a few of those the other night playing so the announcer says

Those are Mormons after their 2 year mission.

Honestly, except for the fact that he is more mature and physically developed which should give him an advantage over other freshman, I couldn't care less.

Wasn't Estime close to that? Also, doesn't Canada have 13 grades as well?
Yes Estime was older. I'm not sure why all the concern about a kids' age. I've only seen one poster, on another forum, who seemed to have an issue with the age and place of origin of some of our student athletes.

They go to college when they are ready and who knows what the circumstances are before that. I'm thrilled this young man is in Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.