Class of 2017 - OL Patrick Davis (Canada) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Patrick Davis (Canada) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin Perry, I knew him when we were in the Air Force together and stayed friends after I got out. I knew he ended up retiring years ago but have lost touch with him. Would love to see where he's at now, he's a classy guy.

In high school, a friend of mine and I brought a "Calvin Perry Fan Club" sign to the Dome. While others got behind Santifer, Rautins or Alexis, Calvin was our man!

In high school, a friend of mine and I brought a "Calvin Perry Fan Club" sign to the Dome. While others got behind Santifer, Rautins or Alexis, Calvin was our man!
Lol, that is great. Man, he had a sweet shot that was sure and knew how to play the game. I know he loved being stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY since it was close to Syracuse so he could catch games every now and then. I hated playing against his team in intramural's though, he would light it up.

Lol, that is great. Man, he had a sweet shot that was sure and knew how to play the game. I know he loved being stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY since it was close to Syracuse so he could catch games every now and then. I hated playing against his team in intramural's though, he would light it up.

Not that it matters, I was born at Griffis AFB. My grandmother used to work there as a civilian.

Deano, when were you at Griffiss? I use to play intramurals as well (basketball, football and softball). I played for the 416th Security Police. I think Calvin left before I got there but I used to play with Rodney Bush and he would talk about him all the time.

Deano, when were you at Griffiss? I use to play intramurals as well (basketball, football and softball). I played for the 416th Security Police. I think Calvin left before I got there but I used to play with Rodney Bush and he would talk about him all the time.
Cliff, check your PM. We had talked almost 2 years ago about that :).

So did mine

She lived on Floyd ave a few houses away from JJ's. Ahhhh, Thursday night 2-1's at JJ's Good times.
JJ's is now a used car dealer. Tore the club down. My in laws also live on Floyd, just a few houses past the old JJ's. Small small world.

My grandmother used to live on W. Thomas, I still have an aunt that lives on Westbrook and when i was real young, I used to live at the apartments on N. Levitt. Man are those a dump now.

We used to get Pizza from Luigi's, IIRC. Huge, greasy slices. They were pretty good.

So did mine

She lived on Floyd ave a few houses away from JJ's. Ahhhh, Thursday night 2-1's at JJ's Good times.
Oh man stop bringing back memories, those were GOOD TIMES though. I lived in the apartments to the right of JJ's for a few years, plus lived kind of kitty corner to them as well right up the street. Rome was great when the base was there then everything changed when they closed it thanks to the political garbage.

My grandmother used to live on W. Thomas, I still have an aunt that lives on Westbrook and when i was real young, I used to live at the apartments on N. Levitt. Man are those a dump now.

We used to get Pizza from Luigi's, IIRC. Huge, greasy slices. They were pretty good.
Lugi's had the best pizza for a while there on Floyd Ave. Can't remember when they closed but then they reopended on Dominick Street. I got to know the owner and his family, great people. I believe they sold the place and not sure if anything is in that building anymore or not. LaRoma's is the best place up there now.

Lugi's had the best pizza for a while there on Floyd Ave. Can't remember when they closed but then they reopended on Dominick Street. I got to know the owner and his family, great people. I believe they sold the place and not sure if anything is in that building anymore or not. LaRoma's is the best place up there now.

I thought the current place looked "out of place" when viewing on Google maps.

Born and raised on Maple St. My grandfather was shipped to Griffiss in the 40's. Loved JJ's. Don't forget Club Mystique.

VaSaltine said:
Born and raised on Maple St. My grandfather was shipped to Griffiss in the 40's. Loved JJ's. Don't forget Club Mystique.

Nice, Club Mistake. I think Coleman's was the best though. Now they are all torn down, right?

Can't forget club mystique. Most of my family and friends were bouncers at the Rome bars so it made the 10 mile drive from Utica to Rome tolerable

Nice, Club Mistake. I think Coleman's was the best though. Now they are all torn down, right?
Sadly, pretty much all of Rome is torn down. It's a sad shell of what it was when I was a kid in the 80's-early 90's.

Sadly, pretty much all of Rome is torn down. It's a sad shell of what it was when I was a kid in the 80's-early 90's.

Yep. I grew up there and go back every year. Nothing like it was when I was a kid. Mass transformation and mostly not for the positive over the past 25+ years. All started with the base leaving and then the manufacturing jobs following.

Status
Not open for further replies.