Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
who said going into the first game the line was going to be good?

going Into 19 they need to replace a couple of multi year starters and kids that injured out, and then lost the center in the first quarter of the first game.

you can’t have the production they had in 18 with a bad line

you can have your narrative, but the truth is the truth
Actually you did among others ...

This whole board narrative of pumping up players or position groups each year never ends well. We do the same with recruits and then it becomes ... no one said they would be good or to have expectations ... we all do it, its natural but using the no one said X defense doesn't work its ok to say it didn't meet expectations.

Actually you did among others ...

This whole board narrative of pumping up players or position groups each year never ends well. We do the same with recruits and then it becomes ... no one said they would be good or to have expectations ... we all do it, its natural but using the no one said X defense doesn't work its ok to say it didn't meet expectations.

Look at the date of that post and look what I wrote, "who said going into the first game the line was going to be good?"

How is that inconsistent. That post that I wrote a year ago is consistent with what I'm saying now.

Same group of players, at least 1/2 of which weren't available by the time the first game rolled around, a year older, with five freshmen to provide depth in practice.

They went from a potential strength to having Elmore starting in eight months.

For kicks and giggles. Lets say he were to sign here. Where do you have him and does he displace a current starter? I have him slotted at guard and think he's a 2021 backup and a 2022 starter. But man I love this kind of competition along our OL. It's the only way we're going to get over hump.

I would still have:

LT Bergeron/Red
LG Bleich/Tisdale
C Vettorello/llaoa
RG DDavis/Tyler
RT Servais/Barclay

I believe Servais can be jumped depending on the quality of grad transfer/juco tackle we're able to land here. But I also think if Servais gets jumped he moves to Center. He'll need to get more push than Vet but will be better suited to handle the inside at 310.

Just speculation on my part but I would think Froumy is going to push to start, either at center or guard. If Tyler comes he could backup Servais and take over after next season.

Last edited:
Just speculation on my part but I would think Froumy is going to push to start, either at center or guard.
If he's healthy enough for spring participation, then maybe. But he's coming off a major injury.

This is the Willie Tyler thread. If you want to discuss current players on the team or discuss the OLine take it to the football forum.
CCE7ED21-E0D0-4347-9F3A-189A690B66A2.gif

Son was recruited for baseball its a JUCO factory for D1 sports.
Yeah. Their baseball program has an amazing track record of championships. That’s all the coach talked about with my son, winning a national championship.
On the first squad (yes, a JUCO soccer team has players in excess of the first roster of 23), there are, at last count, 14 countries, and 6 continents, represented.

If we got Tyler as well, our 2021 OL would be in another league than our 2020 OL.

Unless I misunderstood OX posted in the signing day thread, a tweet from Bartow suggesting we have a 3rd commit. So it’s either this big dawg or we have a surprise behind curtain number 1.

Unless I misunderstood OX posted in the signing day thread, a tweet from Bartow suggesting we have a 3rd commit. So it’s either this big dawg or we have a surprise behind curtain number 1.

Barlow only tweeted twice today.

Barlow only tweeted twice today.
I am not handy with the loading of tweets. In the signing thread, page 8, post 195 you posted a Ryan Bartow tweet of 3 orange emoji.

I am not handy with the loading of tweets. In the signing thread, page 8, post 195 you posted a Ryan Bartow tweet of 3 orange emoji.

He always does 3 oranges.

It's twitter. Don't read too much into it.

If he brings Lester with him, does that count as 1 scholarship or 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.