Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land this kid, and I could see Servais shifting from RT back inside to C.

What makes you think this kid is nimble enough on his feet to play tackle? Just curious

What makes you think this kid is nimble enough on his feet to play tackle? Just curious

Zero insight. But the article indicated we're recruiting him as a tackle, was taking that info at face value.

Zero insight. But the article indicated we're recruiting him as a tackle, was taking that info at face value.

He definitely has the body type of a tackle, and watching clips of him he's got some nice athleticism for tackle. The key of course is what kind of coaching will he get. I would definitely start him out at tackle and if it doesn't work you can move him inside to Guard.

He definitely has the body type of a tackle, and watching clips of him he's got some nice athleticism for tackle. The key of course is what kind of coaching will he get. I would definitely start him out at tackle and if it doesn't work you can move him inside to Guard.

I think you’re right and I agree, if he doesn’t work out at T he could always move to G.

I think you’re right and I agree, if he doesn’t work out at T he could always move to G.
Gotta say, i originally read the title as ol' Willie Tyler, and immediately thought, yes please.

Why would we. He's a Grad Transfer. He doesn't have to sign today. He can take his time and look around.
You're right that he can take his time, but it also wasn't unreasonable to think he could make a decision in time to start spring semester and participate in spring practice.

You're right that he can take his time, but it also wasn't unreasonable to think he could make a decision in time to start spring semester and participate in spring practice.
Right. In his position, getting a jump on practices and just acclimating to a new system would be huge. But I agree with the comment that not having an OL coach yet has to factor in heavily. HCDB needs to find a way to pull the string on that.

Go back to the beginning of the thread...he doesn't graduate until May.

Go back to the beginning of the thread...he doesn't graduate until May.
But maybe he can take his classes remotely and still be here for the spring practices! (Yeah, I don’t think it works that way...but it would be nice, wouldn’t it?)

But maybe he can take his classes remotely and still be here for the spring practices! (Yeah, I don’t think it works that way...but it would be nice, wouldn’t it?)
Yes. I think that's referred to as wishful thinking. ;)

With 6 new guys already coming in plus Bleich, I wouldn't be surprised if he is.
I thought it was interesting he was being recruited as a guard. Seems we need a tackle or 2. Also freshman will not be ready for at least a year or two.

I thought it was interesting he was being recruited as a guard. Seems we need a tackle or 2. Also freshman will not be ready for at least a year or two.

I wouldn't worry too much about where guys are projected. We are returning two starting OTs, we've added one JUCO OT, and guys have positional versatility [for example, Servais could slide to center, play LT, or RT]. We also have a guy at OT [Red] that the coaching staff likes a lot, who was hurt all of last year.

Given the depth issues we've experienced the past two years, we just need to add the most talent we can, get them in spring practice / preseason camp, and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe this kid is a RT. Maybe he's a guard. Let's land him and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.