Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

He de-commit yet?

1642389625624.gif

Kind of what I said in another thread that I was lambasted for. We need to out recruit Rutgers especially and I believe we are headed in the right direction.
I don’t know if Willie Tyler is the best example of Schiano’s ability to recruit. He’s as likely to start at Rutgers next season as he is to be playing for another school or nowhere at all.

Kind of what I said in another thread that I was lambasted for. We need to out recruit Rutgers especially and I believe we are headed in the right direction.
Everyone knows recruiting needs to improve. A commit thread isnt about showcasing schiano's recruiting. Its about acknowleging the efforts of the SU staff. They landed a good prospect. We dont need reminders of what other coaches are doing. At least not at that moment. lets talk about the battles we won to get Nolton.

Last edited:
The kid was a starter to. Maybe he's trying to upgrade but seems like a dumb move.

The kid was a starter to. Maybe he's trying to upgrade but seems like a dumb move.
He started for Rutgers?
Is he a grad transfer now with another free transfer? How many portals does he get?

Do we really want this guy for an at best one-year stop gap, at worst depth? I’d rather try and bring in someone with more eligibility from the portal, maybe even a scarecrow… or, ya know, someone who hasn’t left you standing at the alter 17 times. Gtfoh.

I have to say I don’t love hearing that they are in pursuit of tackles. I understand depth is needed but Tyler is not going anywhere where he doesn’t expect to start. It tells me they are not sure on the tackles. If I had to guess I would say it’s More. He was more unknown coming into spring. I’ve haven’t heard anything. This is just me pondering.

I have to say I don’t love hearing that they are in pursuit of tackles. I understand depth is needed but Tyler is not going anywhere where he doesn’t expect to start. It tells me they are not sure on the tackles. If I had to guess I would say it’s More. He was more unknown coming into spring. I’ve haven’t heard anything. This is just me pondering.
I think rumor has it earlier in this thread he was originally being looked at as a Guard, is it possible maybe Bleich isn’t healthy and they are concerned?

I think rumor has it earlier in this thread he was originally being looked at as a Guard, is it possible maybe Bleich isn’t healthy and they are concerned?
That's my thought, as well.

Plus, he's also played tackle, so he could play multiple positions if required to do so.

He already dissed Dino in the Malibu and gave him a pen when he broke up with him. Boom Box time for Dino
Is that why Dino’s been hanging out completely alone at the Gas n Sip?

Last edited:
It’s a concern but it seems OL is every year. I would use every scholarship left on OL if it could guarantee a strong OL with depth for the coming season.
On another note. Tyler is really maximizing his OV over his playing career.