Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

It’s a concern but it seems OL is every year. I would use every scholarship left on OL if it could guarantee a strong OL with depth for the coming season.
On another note. Tyler is really maximizing his OV over his playing career.
Good points. Im not disagreeing with you. I like having guys that can step in to be serviceable but I also wish they had a dependable guy. Just asking for a Cody Conway or Koda Martin level guy.

I thought I saw somewhere Bleich had suffered an owie during spring camp

Brokeback.gif

When is Bleich not injured? It’s one thing after another. Our offensive line recruiting has been dreadful. There’s been a couple exceptions, but most of our success with lineman have been transfers. We do not consistently develop competent lineman that we have recruited. I’d like to see a stat that shows how many lineman Dino has recruited that have actually been on the roster and playing as seniors.

It’s a concern but it seems OL is every year. I would use every scholarship left on OL if it could guarantee a strong OL with depth for the coming season.
On another note. Tyler is really maximizing his OV over his playing career.
The never ending OVs.

Beggars can’t be choosers we need OL help in the worst way. Big10 east starter sign him up.

Last edited:
Good points. Im not disagreeing with you. I like having guys that can step in to be serviceable but I also wish they had a dependable guy. Just asking for a Cody Conway or Koda Martin level guy.
We need to do whatever we can do to get some more talent on the OL when the portal opens up again, at least two guys. And that’s if we get Tyler, 3 is what I would like them to get. Let’s hope one of them is a Koda or Cody.

Beggars can’t be choosers we made OL help in their worst way. Big10 east starter sign him up.

That's kind of where I land. I don't like his kid, for how he handled his original commitment, then going to ulm, rutgers, etc

But if he can help us next year, or provide too deep versatility and depth, I'll hold my nose.

Do we really want this guy for an at best one-year stop gap, at worst depth? I’d rather try and bring in someone with more eligibility from the portal, maybe even a scarecrow… or, ya know, someone who hasn’t left you standing at the alter 17 times. Gtfoh.
Honestly, this is about as strong an indictment you can have as to the general weakness of our OL recruiting. I really don’t care what the circumstances are that we’d consider entertaining Willie Tyler again.

That's kind of where I land. I don't like his kid, for how he handled his original commitment, then going to ulm, rutgers, etc

But if he can help us next year, or provide too deep versatility and depth, I'll hold my nose.

Our whole season depends on the OL. I’d give every available ship right now to any OL kid who can come in and immediately help us.

Honestly, this is about as strong an indictment you can have as to the general weakness of our OL recruiting. I really don’t care what the circumstances are that we’d consider entertaining Willie Tyler again.

So next year when our season collapses cause the OL can’t block anyone are people really gonna be like it’s ok, we’re glad that we didn’t bring this kid in?

So next year when our season collapses cause the OL can’t block anyone are people really gonna be like it’s ok, we’re glad that we didn’t bring this kid in?
Point is we shouldn’t even be in this position and it seems like we’re perpetually in this position heading into every season when it comes to the OL

Point is we shouldn’t even be in this position and it seems like we’re perpetually in this position heading into every season when it comes to the OL

Because the recruiting and development has been terrible. But it starts with recruiting. way too many projects. We need to actually recruit lineman with P5 offers AND THEN develop those guys.

Last edited:
Our OL recruiting has been poor, so we don’t turnout many players into the NFL, and our opponents use that against us, so we have a difficult time recruiting OL. It’s a vicious cycle.

Our OL recruiting has been poor, so we don’t turnout many players into the NFL, and our opponents use that against us, so we have a difficult time recruiting OL. It’s a vicious cycle.
We'll have to see what our new coach can do with what we have, and who he brings in.

Yup, Groundhog Day for sure.